Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #31
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I think Goo's character design is cool and all, but I think she's way too overused! I find her annoying. When Mac told her off in Go Goo Go, I was like, "She STFU for once! Yaaaaaay!".
Old 08-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #32
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

When she was crying at the end of Go Goo Go, I thought, "Your salty tears taste oh so sweet to me."

...Please don't hate me...
Old 08-25-2006, 04:54 AM   #33
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73
Cool

Ahhhhh... and I see we are split. Well, not everyone HAS to love the same character (people think I'm weird all the time because I'm not a Wilt fangirl)...

And that is the beauty of diversity.

But let us not turn this into a heated "Goo rocks! Goo sucks! Goo rocks! Goo sucks!" discussion.

And I think I'm biased.

Any Mac/Goo shippers here?

(*sees evil glares and then cowers to the dark corner of the forum*)

-Marty :-D
Old 08-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #34
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
When she was crying at the end of Go Goo Go, I thought, "Your salty tears taste oh so sweet to me."

...Please don't hate me...
Tears of unfathomable sadness! Oh, yummy!

Okay, just kidding but I kind of thought the same thing. It made me love Mac even more, both because he snapped and because he apologized... although a tiny part of me wishes he hadn't apologized...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #35
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Tears of unfathomable sadness! Oh, yummy!

Okay, just kidding but I kind of thought the same thing. It made me love Mac even more, both because he snapped and because he apologized... although a tiny part of me wishes he hadn't apologized...
A large part of me wishes he hadn't apologized.
But then again, that would make Mac seem mean, so nevermind.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 08-25-2006 at 09:55 AM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #36
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrocks73 View Post
SHORT PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!! My squad leader in band last week pointed out that I'm a legal midget (*sighs*).

Now, I think Goo could have more than the annoying side we usually see... if the writers would attempt to see it that way, and not just stick her in the most willy nilly role they could find.

There's no point in having her just for the sake of having her, which is what I think is happening.

Ditto for Cheese, who gets on my nerves, as much as I love him.

-Marty

I totally agree with you. I think Goo has the potential of being a very deep character, but ONLY if the writers would attempt to see that. She's very colorful, creative, fun, outgoing, and helpful, but also a bit on the lonely side sometimes. If the writers would just look into those personality aspects of her character, they could end up getting something good. If they just keep throwing her into each episode with little reason and without building up her depth, then we have a one-dimensional character, sort of like we've got now.

Now, as some others have said, we need to keep the Goo sucks/Goo's awesome stuff out of the thread and try to look at her character in a more neutral way. For example, yes I do like Goo and I know that some others do as well, but I also don't have a problem with pointing out her flaws. I also know that some of you don't like her and that her constant chattering can get annoying (I'll admit, it can get to me at times too! XD) but just try to look past that and see her for her good qualities as well because she DOES have some, believe it or not. After all, the ones that do like her (including myself) were able to point out her flaws. Just try to think of her pluses as well as her minuses and you might not hate her as much. But that's just me. So instead of just saying "Goo sucks" or "Goo rocks", try to look at her character for who she is in a neutral way; if you point out her strengths and her weaknesses, then who knows, maybe the writers will see what we're talking about and try to re-develop her character to where she becomes better and easier to relate to.

Ah, Cheese...as much as I love him, his constant screaming in "The Big Cheese" got a bit grating at times. XP

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 08-26-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #37
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder View Post
Ah, Cheese...as much as I love him, his constant screaming in "The Big Cheese" got a bit grating at times. XP
Grated Cheese?

Sorry, I had to say it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-16-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #38
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Grated Cheese?

Sorry, I had to say it.

Hehehe, nice one.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-17-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Changed quoted text to match edited original.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder View Post
Now, as some others have said, we need to keep the Goo sucks/Goo's awesome stuff out of the thread and try to look at her character in a more neutral way. For example, yes I do like Goo and I know that some others do as well, but I also don't have a problem with pointing out her flaws. I also know that some of you don't like her and that her constant chattering can get annoying (I'll admit, it can get to me at times too! XD) but just try to look past that and see her for her good qualities as well because she DOES have some, believe it or not. After all, the ones that do like her (including myself) were able to point out her flaws. Just try to think of her pluses as well as her minuses and you might not hate her as much. But that's just me. So instead of just saying "Goo sucks" or "Goo rocks", try to look at her character for who she is in a neutral way; if you point out her strengths and her weaknesses, then who knows, maybe the writers will see what we're talking about and try to re-develop her character to where she becomes better and easier to relate to.
I think one reason I can't just look at Goo neutrally is that she sort of ruined Foster's in Go Goo Go, created hundreds of IFs, forced the gang to sleep in the bus, and almost ended Mac's visits to Foster's forever. I don't know why, but I can't let it go. I think if I hadn't seen Go Goo Go, I wouldn't think of her as The Terror in Rainbow Form whenever I saw her. You see, I saw Infernal Slumber before Go Goo Go, and at that point in time, I just thought she was a nice little kid, maybe a bit crazy, but nice nevertheless. But after seeing Go Goo Go, my perspective of her was never quite the same. Maybe it'll change one day. Who knows? I do know that she has some good qualities and that if I forgot about what she did in Go Goo Go, I think I would come to like her and enjoy her existence, but as for now, things are looking down. Maybe you can help change that.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #40
Sims Katie
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I think one reason I can't just look at Goo neutrally is that she sort of ruined Foster's in Go Goo Go, created hundreds of IFs, forced the gang to sleep in the bus, and almost ended Mac's visits to Foster's forever. I don't know why, but I can't let it go. I think if I hadn't seen Go Goo Go, I wouldn't think of her as The Terror in Rainbow Form whenever I saw her.
But didn't she redeem herself? She found and continues to find homes, good homes, for all the friends she created. She reworked the entire adoption process so each friend is kept track of (as Frankie said, before that adoption days were such a mess they never knew how many friends were adopted out or "just plain lost". That's pretty bad)
Sure she's annoying and talks too fast, but she's also really smart. And she's really put an effort into taking care of her creations, with great results.

Sprinkle sprinkle little bar
What I wonder is a cat... keeshh
Sims Katie is offline   Reply With Quote