Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #31
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

*cough*
Spoiler Below
roms out... if you are about 8 you will love this game... otherwise stay away
*cough*

Last edited by k0ugs; 10-31-2006 at 01:05 PM.
k0ugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #32
RedboXen
Settling In

Its a pretty bad game. It takes me back to the SNES days where THQ whold grab the licence to any cartoon and turn it into a platform game, not matter what the subject it whould be a platform game.

And as for the music, an elephant could of done better!
RedboXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #33
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

So early reviews indicate that Foster's first video game, is not going to be taking any "Game of the Year" awards come January.

Here's hoping that Cartoon Network interactive will give the task of making the next Foster's video game, to a company that will give a better effort.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #34
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

So did this thing come out today or what? I still want to buy it, no matter how crappy it is.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #35
Voxxyn
Banned

I've played the ROM. It's neither bad or good, just "meh", and ridiculously easy. But I like how you can freely explore the house, and the dialogue stays true to the show's spirit, so I'll give it credit for at least that.

The levels are based on actual episodes. So far, I've encountered "House of Bloos", "Dinner is Swerved", "Mac Daddy" and "The Trouble With Scribbles" in that order. Between "DiS" and "MD" there was a mini-level called "Battle of the Brothers" which was a boss fight against Terrance.

EDIT: Well... I've beaten it ALREADY. Along with the previously mentioned, "Seeing Red"(see next paragraph), "Who Let The Dogs In", "Busted" and "Duchess of Wails" are also levels. Very easy, very simplistic, and not really worth purchasing unless you want to own everything Foster's.

Oh, and you never actually fight Red in the game. He appears in one of the boss fights against Terrance; he stomps the ground and causes a quake, which you must use against Terrance. And he turns good and hugs both Mac and Bloo in the following cutscene. No need to worry about Red going bad.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-02-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #36
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

So it sounds like the game was made for the target audiance of kids around 10 or so. Thats about what I figured. It's nothing to get upset over, i guess. It had potential but this was the likelyest outcome.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #37
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

The ROM File is downloading now... I'll post my review.

Edit: Oh lol. Here goes, á la "Hall of Cheese" (google it - hilarious.). A note off in the Title Screen music and there's a wrong end, plus it kept playing the whole story. Later, I found out the walking sprites simply suck. Everyone is like leaning towards a direction. And Mac can fly and hover in the air! Which was needed as there were flying platforms in the dining room! \o/
Oh yeah. I had to collect stuff for Duchess, she was ruining her room. Lol. And you have to see this pic. Best moment in the game yet.

Ok, that was fun.
Right after this, I went to the kitchen to calm down Coco. Then I found out Bloo can become a ball and can roll. lik wtf OK, I went through the next door.
I saw Cheese who was 2 times bigger than Bloo. OMG! And look at these lines. Like a newbie posting on the SA Forums. :/

I gave him chocolate milk and started talking about some random towel. WTF. I rolled under the couch, got a towel, went to the next room. Then it's completed! Back to the main hall.

Whoaly zen he's strong. And this. Flying stairs.

Awesome effect though. OK, I went off to Duchess' Room. At least, in the hallway, there was Ed. Who moved away a frikkin' randomly placed drawer that was originally placed in front of Duchess' Room.

Good question. Bloo answered: "In the disinfectant?". Good answer.
I started noticing that there has only one piece of music been played yet so I just put it off now. -_-
Thereafter, I found Bloo's room. Wilt was there. Getting the Mike Wazowski treatment. Poor Wilt... (just kidding, you could really see his head when the text box was gone.

Then, we needed Duchess' blanket. I asked it, and...

That's Wilt alright. Then, he lifted me up to the bed, and I got the blanket.
Look at this.

"Nope, nothing in here."
OK, now I have all of Duchess' things. And I go to her room. Then she says that that junk is awful and we need better stuff. SIMPLY GREAT!
The brush was in Duchess' room anyway. Lazy lazy person. She started throwing stuff at me. Then I gave it to Frankie who was there, helping too.
It faded out, then in again, and Madame Foster came into the room.
AHH, DDD-DEMON!

They like stressed all those wrinkles too much. It's ugly now.
OK, DiS Started. The previous "episode" was House of Bloo's.

I can't remember him having binoculars in DiS at all. Oh well, Bloo and Mac went down. Under my assistance.

THE END FOR NOW. Bye. I'll continue this. It's sorta bad, but fun.

Last edited by HappyFoppy; 11-04-2006 at 10:54 AM.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #38
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Lol, thanks Foppy! Ha ha, I can make better sprites *and* game storylines.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #39
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
TThen I found out Bloo can become a ball and can roll.
That's actually one of my favorite things about the game. It, along with how you can freely explore the mansion and gradually gain access to new areas, reminds me quite a bit of Metroid.

( Is feeling guilty for comparing one of my all-time favorite gaming series to this lame excuse for a licensed game )
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #40
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

EWWWWWW, ugly sprites. D: I still kinda want to play it. *slinks off to get ROM*