Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #31
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
AH is THAT the proper term for it? "Non-Canon?" I'll have to remember that. LOL I'm such a loser, I don't know all these terms. XD But thanks for indirectly enlightening me.
I've never heard that one, I've always used "OOC". I'll have to remember it, being the canon snob I am.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
Voxxyn
Banned

I am not a canon snob. These are the ONLY events that are non-canon from my PERSONAL point-of-view. My criteria for disliking them to that extent is because I believe they're completely untrue to the spirit of the show and characters.

Madame Foster untying those balloons was, like I said, simply cruel and OOC. And I hated how Frankie was being angry and sour for literally all of "Driving Miss Crazy"--it made her seem like a completely different person. The diversity and wide emotional range is part of what makes her so great, which was nowhere to be seen in that short.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #33
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I am not a canon snob. These are the ONLY events that are non-canon from my PERSONAL point-of-view. My criteria for disliking them to that extent is because I believe they're completely untrue to the spirit of the show and characters.

Madame Foster untying those balloons was, like I said, simply cruel and OOC. And I hated how Frankie was being angry and sour for literally all of "Driving Miss Crazy"--it made her seem like a completely different person. The diversity and wide emotional range is part of what makes her so great, which was nowhere to be seen in that short.
Oh, I wasn't calling you a canon snob, just saying that since I'm one I should memorize all the canon-related lingo I can find. I agree that those instances were pretty OOC.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #34
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Oh, I wasn't calling you a canon snob, just saying that since I'm one I should memorize all the canon-related lingo I can find. I agree that those instances were pretty OOC.
In Cheese's voice, "No I'M A CANON SNOB!!" XD

LOL Everyone, stop calling yourselves or others a snob!! When did that get into the conversation? J/k, I found that a little funny, can't help myself.

Actually I have heard the term "cannon" before like when I was reading Naruto discussions in the various forums I visit, but.....eh, this is getting too off-topic. >.<

Spoiler Below
So back to Madame Foster, I have one question. How DOES such a short, tiny lady run and pole-vault to the top of a tree like she did? I mean is she super-woman or what? LOL She cracks me up, I love her. ^_^

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #35
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Is "Driving Miss Crazy" in the episodes on the computer section, along with the other shorts besides the Eduardo with the Eds one?

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #36
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I myself recently uploaded Driving Miss Crazy and posted it in the Eps on Computer section. I don't recall if any of the other shorts have been shared there though.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #37
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Thanks! I'm about to go check.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #38
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Some of the things like whacking frankie with a spoon are okay in onf themselves. I think that he fact that madame foster didn't appear in IHFMEUP was just that: she didn't appear. not a "i hate frankie" just she does not and did not fit in with hte storyline teh authors were using.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #39
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I think Madame Foster is a whack job, but in a funny and cool way. I loved it in "Cookie Dough" when she was riding the Segway and giving Bloo the raspberry. I thought she was funny in "World Wide Wabbit" when she stripped down to her slip and was prancing aound on the stairs. This character is a scream; reminds me of my 92 year old grandmother (who was a broadcaster during the golden age of radio).
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #40
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
Spoiler Below
So back to Madame Foster, I have one question. How DOES such a short, tiny lady run and pole-vault to the top of a tree like she did? I mean is she super-woman or what? LOL She cracks me up, I love her. ^_^
Personally, I think that it's because Madam Foster seems to stay active enough that she remains in fairly good physical condition, the only impediment probably being her age.

Madam Foster is on my top ten list of favorite characters for the series, if for the fact that she's one of the few (if not the only) parental figure in the series portrayed in a totally positive light. She's a woman who's very easy to like, which is obviously part of her charm, as well as her free-spirited attitude.

Considering some of what we've learned about her in "Bloo's the Boss" and "Emancipation Complication", I'm somewhat surprised that there hasn't been a larger increase in discussion about her. I think that those two episodes brought to light quite a few points about her and her personality and character.

For example, we can almost certainly assume that the home she set up for Imaginary Friends is the ONLY one there is, at least in the United States. She's obviously won a lot of positive public attention and publicity, including having received a honor from the President for Humanitarianism. While I have to admit that Foster's may not be the only Home for Imaginary Friends, it certainly does seem that way to me and, at the very least, we can probably all agree that she was the very first to set one up.

However, to me, the episode focusing the most on her character was "Emancipation Complication". While it may seem slightly out of character that she stated that she was uncertain if her setting up and running a Foster's Home was even worth it, I found it a fairly deep and easy to understand insight about her. From what we can tell, the majority of the outside world, including apparently most of the children, objectify IFs instead of viewing them as actual living beings. There have, so far, seemingly been only three real exceptions to this rule: Madam Foster, Frankie, and Mac (Goo has been starting to get there, but hasn't quite gotten it completely through her own sporadic mind yet). It's easy to see, then, why Madam Foster would question the point of what she was doing: how'd she have any real confirmation that what she was doing would last after she was gone, which is quite obviously what she would like to happen? She's gained recognition for her efforts, sure, but the rest of the population doesn't seem to actually understand the purpose of what she's doing.

Which brings up an interesting question: what happens to the house after Madam Foster passes away? By rights of kin and lineage, the property would technically fall to Frankie, but if Frankie and Madam Foster had discussed it before she (Madam Foster) passes away and Frankie wants to go into another business for her life's work, what then? Logically, I suppose it could be given to Herriman, being the eldest of the Imaginary Friends and one of the technical heads of the household already, but we have no idea what the law states on IFs holding property.

Eh, now I'm going down a morbid train of thought and overanalyzing. I'll just end by saying my general thoughts on the character:

Madam Foster is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!