Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #31
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

LOL!! I just got a fake Paypal scam email posing as a "fight Paypal phishing scams!" email.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #32
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Here's a classic, always from some currently-deposed member of some African royal family, who desparately needs our help to regain his/her throne, with the promise that once in power again, he/she will reward you handsomely with family assets, which are currently frozen by the individual in power. In order to get your money, you have to SEND money or your bank account number/credit card number, to finance the royal family's return to power. Here's an example of something similar that recently spammed the Studebaker Drivers Club forum:

"From Princess Joyce Hansan,

After going through your profile , I decided to contact you for the relationship and bussines assistance .

Well, to introducing myeslf, I am Princess Joyce Hansan, TWENTY ONE years, I am a citizen of Cote D'ivoire former Ivory Coast in West Africa.

I am writing to solicit your noble assistance for the transfering and investment of Nine Million, United Stat Dollars US D. in your country under your guardianship.I am the only daughter of late Chief. Hansan Adams ,before the death of my late father, he was the Director of Cocoa & Gold Dealers in Abidjan capital of Cote D'Ivorie and Accra Ghana respectively.My late father father was poisoned by my uncle with ganged up of my father's bussiness associates in one of their dinner.

Before his death last year, he called me confidentially and informed me in confidence of this sum of Nine Million, United Stat Dollars US D. he deposited in a prime bank here in Abidjan. Pending the guarantee of your faithfulness and co-operation, he further advised me to search for a reliable partner overseas who will assist me transfer and invest the money in overseas in case he did not survive in the hospital .Unfortunately, he died. I am soliciting your kind assistance in the following ways :

To provide me good account were this money will be transfered.
To help me seek for a good business to invest the money into.
To help me search for a better school to continue my education over there.
To help me come over there to start a new life there.

I have the Offical Deposit Slip Document with me here in Abidjan. So, I look forward to hearing from you so that we will proceed and as soon as we retrieve the deposit, I will without wasting time come down to your country to witness the investing of the money, Meanwhile, you will be compensate with TWENTY% of the money for your noble assistance.More detail will be giving to you in your next mail.

As i am writing to you now, I am hiding myself in a local Guest House for the safety of my life due that my uncle and the enemies are wanted to kill me in order to claims this money deposited by my late father with my name as the next of kin.

Please help me to accord this transaction with the due confidentiality it demands. I appreciate it if you will respond to me as soon as possible.I will send you my Identification in my subsequent mail upon hearing from you. This transaction will bring us into an everlasting relationship rooted on truth and fear of God.

Please reply me directely on this my private mail box for more detail
(joyce_hanxxx10@xxxx)

May God Bless You ,while expecting your immediate response.

Kind regards,
Princess Joyce Hansan"

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #33
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

thats great!

if some African leader wanted my help and was willing to pay for my plane ticket i'd go over to beat up some Marxists but thats about it
Old 11-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #34
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
thats great!

if some African leader wanted my help and was willing to pay for my plane ticket i'd go over to beat up some Marxists but thats about it
Honestly don't think there's many marxists left for you to beat up in Africa, Partymember. Not since Mengistu fell anyway but if you can track him or his gang down, give him one from me and all the rest of us idiots who paid for his ethnic cleansing via charity in the 80s.

First e-mail scam i got was supposedly from the son of General Abacha, the former Nigerian military dictator. Silly old me thought it was for real and fowarded it to the democratic authorities who didn't even bother replying, obviously. As it turns out, most of those scams do indeed originate in Nigeria.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #35
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Honestly don't think there's many marxists left for you to beat up in Africa, Partymember. Not since Mengistu fell anyway but if you can track him or his gang down, give him one from me and all the rest of us idiots who paid for his ethnic cleansing via charity in the 80s.
alright it sucks being sold out by your ideology, doesn't it? I'm trying to pay these guys back, get my money's worth. I see it ths way: take how much i invested in their little utopian fart and divide that by $0.15, thats how much one bullet for an AK-47 or an SKS costs in the States right now...jeez, i may be paying them back for a while.

you're always welcome to join, Koos
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #36
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
you're always welcome to join, Koos
That's very kind of you to offer, Partymember but poetry is my weapon.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #37
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
That's very kind of you to offer, Partymember but poetry is my weapon.
Strike the fear of God into them with some fierce iambic pentameter, then
Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #38
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I just got this today. Looks pretty authentic, huh? Especially when looking at it with the BOA logo and all, which it did have. Well, at hovering my cursor over the links and keeping my eye on the status bar, I can see without a doubt that this is NOT real. That and I don't currently have any accounts at BOA.

Quote:
Irregular Check Card Activity

We detected irregular activity on your Bank of America Check Card on 07/04/2008. For your protection, you must verify this activity before you can continue using your card.

Please visit Online Banking at www. bankofamerica. com to review your account activity, and then call us immediately at 1.800.622.#### . We will review the activity on your account with you and upon verification, we will remove any restrictions placed on your account.

Want to confirm this email is from Bank of America? Sign in to Online Banking and select Alerts History to verify this alert.

Our paperless statements securely store your statements online for you to view up to 18 months of activity. Learn more.

Because email is not a secure form of communication, please do not reply to this email.

If you have any questions about your account or need assistance, please call the phone number on your statement or go to Contact Us at www. bankofamerica. com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Sponsor 2004-2008 U.S. Olympic Teams Bank of America, Member FDIC.
© 2007 Bank of America Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Oh, and another thing, see the first date up there? Uhm, hello? It's still July 2.

Last edited by Lynnie; 07-02-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: disabled links and obscured phone #
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #39
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I get LOTS of BoA scam emails (I do have an account with them). But then I get a lot of scam emails for other banks too. Guess they gotta cover all their bases. But yeah typos and weird dates always give those people away. I always hover my cursor over the links to see what weirdo addys show up, even when I already know it's a scam.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #40
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I get Bank E-Mail scams too...usually from a "bank" I don't have an account with.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote