Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #31
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I didn't read the entire thread before posting like I normally do, but let me say this:

HE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF FRANKIE AND TREATED HER LIKE CRAP!!!

He can jump out a window for all I care.

And that is my two cents, for I must go put my little brother to bed.

-Marty
Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #32
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think I speak for everyone when I say that for a future warning to anyone who supports "Imposter's" or the character Goofball, I would suggest arming your ass from head to toe with bullet proof vests because any support for either of those two will probably get you shot around here.

Including me . But seriously, this episode (much like "I Only have Surprise for you") seemed to just rely on the same hurtful joke: let's treat someone like dog crap for the entire program and make every single second, minute, and moment an agonizing living hell as many times as we could.

And that's what really hurts me about this episode. It had an idea that COULD have been used more wisely instead of just bashing Frankie over the head with a "you suck" baseball bat every 5 seconds. Frankie is too sweet, and has too big of a heart to honestly take any of this crap, she doesn't deserve it and neither did the viewers.

Even non Frankie fans can see this was practically a character assasination. The REAL "kill" part for me, the one that really hurt me when I watched this episode was how the scene and music played out when Frankie scrubbed the floors. The whole slow dissolve technique while she scrubbed and had that sad look on her face.

That just did it for me , that just nailed it in that this was hell and that sadly, no payback was ever given. Frankie didn't have to apologize for JACK SQUATT! The only person who honestly deserved to apologize was Goofball, no character's behavior in that episode comes close to bring as LOW as Goofball's.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #33
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Goofball was a jerk, but I liked his voice and his pigeon walk and all the alternative names for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #34
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
The REAL "kill" part for me, the one that really hurt me when I watched this episode was how the scene and music played out when Frankie scrubbed the floors. The whole slow dissolve technique while she scrubbed and had that sad look on her face.
I cried during that part, it was so upsetting. It honestly hurt that much. I hate Goofball for that scene more than any other part of the episode. No one should have to go through a day like that, Frankie least of all. Doesn't she put up with enough as it is?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #35
Voxxyn
Banned

I personally will forever hate this episode and loathe Goofball. "Time heals all wounds" doesn't apply to me here at all. It's been over a year since this episode first debuted, yet my hatred of it has only intensified, and the very thought of it's events STILL makes me feel very sad and hopeless. The only thing Ms. Faust's "defense" on Toon Zone did for me was make me believe that they're lying about "just trying to be funny" with this episode, because I fail to see the comedy in such cruel and malicious character bashing.

As much as I admire the Foster's staff for their talent, I've still yet to forgive them for allowing this episode to exist. "Setting A President" was a step in the right direction, but it's not enough to erase the traumatic memories of "Imposter's". I'm counting on Season 5 to prove that "SAP" wasn't a fluke, and that they've actually learned their lesson.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #36
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

I have one thing to say Goofball haters and Fans

CHILLOUT
I mean really Bloo has done things to make my fave character mac Misarble and you don't see me hating him or making a big fuss over it
who cares if some character no matter how sweet they are have a tough time in an episodes

all the characters have faced hard times

I like frankie in all she actually one of the rare female characters I like caus normally I depise female character no matter how sweet they are
But I don't think she should get special treatmeant I don't think its fair
since the other characters have faced hard times

For example: when bloo was forced into being adopted
and is deprived(sp?)of sleep and food and if mac didn't hear Bloo's call for help he bloo could have died (IMO thats worse then frankie missing a concert)

oh and if you were to kill Goofball frankie wouldn't really like you very much
why becaus Goofball is an imaginary friend and you know how much she cares
about imaginary friends

Now I want to arguments here okay

Last edited by kaytea; 10-05-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #37
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytea View Post
who cares if some character no matter how sweet they are have a tough time in an episodes
Who cares? I won't bother dignifying that with a response.

Quote:
I don't think she should get special treatmeant I don't think its fair
I was not aware that being treated with dignity and respect constitutes "special treatment". She certainly got neither in "Imposter's".

You don't seriously think I'm going to change my position on this, do you? Because I can assure you right now that that will never happen. It would be an act of betrayal as far as I'm concerned, and I am not going to betray the woman I love most in this world for any reason whatsoever.

Quote:
oh and if you were to kill Goofball frankie wouldn't really like you very much
why becaus Goofball is an imaginary friend and you know how much she cares
about imaginary friends
I concede that point. However, it does not change how I feel in the slightest. I despise him for the hell he put her through and I always will.

Quote:
Now I want to arguments here okay
Too late.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-05-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #38
Voxxyn
Banned

The difference is, that episode you mentioned("The Sweet Stench of Success") was a crowd-pleaser that sent a valuable message about friendship, while "Imposter's" basically tells children that nice people finish last and jerks rule the world.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #39
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

will someone just lock this thread its causing to many agruments
and making people hate each other

oh and if it will make all you frankie fans happy I'll draw a picture
of Goofball in serious pain =D

Last edited by kaytea; 10-06-2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #40
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I really don't want to lock the thread, but I will advise to everyone to just chill out a little, I know some of you have strong opinions on the matter and I know there is nothing I can do or say to change those opinions, and that's okay.

I just hope everthing stays civil and does not elevate into an out of control mess, the episode aired the way it did and there is nothing any one of us can do to change it.

Now to counter balance all of this hate for Mr. Magee, I will say one positive thing about the character.... "I liked his tie", thank you!

Closed Thread