Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #31
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

*joy* What Cassini said!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #32
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

"Are yu sure you haven't got a brain in there?" XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #33
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Not the story, but links to DA where I'm also going to upload it but only a day or so after I post them here.

Chapter One: Swept Away

Chapter Two: Welcome to Beanieland

Chapter Three: The Scarecrow & The Tin Bird

Chapter Four: The Lion & Extreme-O-Saurs

And the way to it on FF.Net

Wizard of Oz

Be sure to check the art gallery for my Oz art, I have a new piece up.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #34
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Loving it! Thanks CG!
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #35
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Chapter 5: Poppies

The darkness that surrounded the Wicked Witch of the West's castle was infamous by now. Ever since she had taken over the castle from the old royals who once ruled the West of Oz, dark clouds constantly hung around the surroundings, sending that particular area of Oz into almost eternal darkness. It never rained, so things were dry, brittle and dying. She cared little for the surroundings anymore; for all she cared about was her life surrounded by her guards, and of course her flying monkeys. Yes, monkeys. No one knew how she came to be in possession of such a number of monkeys, and how they could fly exactly. When she first appeared all those years ago she already had them, and no one really had time to ask them how they came to be since normally if you saw flying monkeys that normally meant they had been sent to rip you to pieces.

Either way, the Wicked Witch was sat in her top most tower, staring into a small glass ball that sat on a table. Her eyes narrowed maliciously as she stared at the glowing orb, which seemed to be projecting an image of the travellers making their way down the yellow brick road. By now they had reached a stream, and the Lion was once again carrying them across since the Scarecrow would grow soggy when wet, the Tin Bird would rust, and Mac and Bloo just didn't want to get wet.

Sat behind her was one of her flying monkeys; he had thick black fur over his entire body save for his face. His ears were quite large, and his teeth seemed to be jutting out from his mouth. He needs a dentist, post haste, but isn't about to get one. As he watched the Witch watch the travellers, he picked at one of his large ears with a finger as she continued to glare with all the intensity of a million suns.

"Just look at them, the filthy disgusting motley crew they are!" she spat finally, "Not even my beautiful Extreme-O-Saurs could get them! And that IDIOTIC Lion! Those stupid squirrels swore he'd go through with devouring them all!" the Witch clenched a fist, "They shall be arriving at the Emerald City soon..."

The winged monkey was now picking his nose with his thumb.

"That's it!" she was up and across the room in a flurry, pulling items from a cupboard. After tossing the unwanted items behind her, she finally returned clutching a bowl with grounded up powder in it. "This will stop them. Then we can get those shoes! That little brat wears them horrendously, they would be FAR more fashionable as someone as beautiful as myself."

Her Hench monkey made a few grunting noises in the back of his throat.

She dipped her hand into the bowl and sprinkled the powder into the air above the orb. "Poppies shall put them all to sleep!" the image in the glass ball changed to that of the field that surrounded the famous green city. Automatically flowers began blooming across the green fields, changing the green colour to bright red to match the ruby shoes that Mac was indeed still wearing. He actually had to stop his walk, to rub at his feet.

"Man, how do girls wear these things?" he asked, hanging onto the Scarecrow's leg to rub his foot.

"They still look fabulous on you." Bloo smirked, folding his arms.

"Si, I agree!" the Lion added, nodding his head in agreement.

"I was being sarcastic." Bloo said dryly.

"Oh."

After Mac had allowed his feet a quick rest the group continued along the yellow brick road, which had once again, ran into some trees. But nothing as thick as the Lion's home, or that of the Extreme-O-Saurs. What they saw, shining through the trees caused a few of them to stop in their tracks out of awe. And that was from a mere preview; for once they rounded the trees right before them stood the fabulous grant and majestic city. The Emerald City. It sparkled in the brilliant light, reflecting off the light. The tall green towers reached for the skies, and it seemed to emit an aura that said it was very amazing, and you should feel humbled to be in it's presence.

"Oh... wow." the Scarecrow finally said, "It's bigger then I imagined."

"It es muy bueno!" the Lion declared, his long tail wagging like that of a dog's.

"Cococ cocococo coco co co!" added the Tin Bird, exclaiming how they had finally arrived after so long. Bloo whistled, trying to sound not as impressed as he really was. Mac meanwhile had taken in the sight of the city, then saw all the flowers spread out before them like a red carpet.

"It's so close, finally!" the Scarecrow grinned, taking one of his long steps into the flowers. "C'mon guys!"

Over come with what could possibly be awe and amazement, and happiness for finally ending their long trek to this city, the whole group broke out into a run to cross the flowers. The Scarecrow lead the way, given how long his strides were. Even if he tripped a few times, he still kept far ahead. The Tin Bird was right at his heels, and then the Lion was directly behind her whilst Mac and Bloo took up the rear of the procession. They came to a stop at the last hill before the flowers would finally end, to take in the scenery of the Emerald City. It looked even more amazing then before.

But it seemed three of those gathered had suddenly been smacked in the face by the sandman. The Lion looked totally exhausted, the bags under his eyes much heavier then before. Bloo was already snoring, half awake and half asleep and Mac rubbed his eyes.

"Mac? What is it?" the Scarecrow asked, having spotted how tired the young boy looked.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #36
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"N-nothing." Mac replied with a yawn, "I just feel... pretty tired..." he added. "Bloo...?" he asked, but Bloo had already collapsed in the flowers, dead to the world.

"Oh. Well here, I'll pull you along if you want. Is that okay?" the Scarecrow cast his one eyed glance to the Emerald city again. They were so close. So close.

"I'm sorry guys but... I really.. have to stop fo... for a minute." Mac curled up on the ground, despite sleeping in the dirt wasn't the best thing to do.

Already the Tin Bird seemed to pick up something was very wrong. They had slept quite well the night previously, why would Mac, Bloo and also the Lion suddenly look so tired? It was only affecting those who were actually 'alive'. The Scarecrow didn't breath, and neither did she, so they were immune to whatever it is that was causing them to fall asleep. She nudged Mac with her foot, in an attempts to push him but found it was like trying to move something a million times heavier then it should be.

"Co cococo co!" she declared, as the Lion too succumbed to the sudden sleepiness and collapsed, causing the ground to shake.

"Wicked Witch?" The Scarecrow echoed, terror lancing through his voice again. Why didn't he think of that? It really WAS only affecting Mac, Bloo and the Lion. He and the Tin Bird were fine. "It is! It's a spell! What can we do, what can we do?"

But the Tin Bird was already crying in despair. She was of no more any help, until she finally cried out, "CO!" which was a cry for help.

"It's no use screaming at a time like this, nobody will hear you!" the Scarecrow said to her, before he too suddenly began shouting for help. "HELP! HELP! OH HELP! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING HELP!"

Normally standing in a field of flowers and screaming for help wouldn't get you anywhere, but it seemed somehow, somewhere, someone did hear the cries for help. The Good Witch of the North lifted her head, and she heard the echoed cries of help from the Scarecrow and she sensed what evil was doing. She growled dangerously and clenched her fist before shaking it slightly, but then shook her wand. Almost automatically, the skies above the field of flowers gathered and snow began falling down upon the group. The Scarecrow, who was the only one still working stared upwards as the snow fell in stunned silence. "Snow? It's snowing? It isn't. YES! It is! Oh, I hope this helps? I hope it does." he looked to the Tin Bird, who was still bent over the Lion in a motion of trying to shake him awake; but he failed to notice she had rusted solid. "But what if it doesn't help? I'm sorry but that wouldn't be okay at all..."

"Why is it snowing?"

The Scarecrow spun on his heels and almost toppled over, for he had heard Mac's voice. Sure enough, he was awake with his hair covered in snow.

"MAC!" he shouted in glee, falling to his knees. "It worked, it really did! Oh man that's great! It's beyond great!"

"What the, who said anything about SNOW?" Bloo asked, trying to shoo the snow off his head.

The Lion too had finally began to stir, and his large eyes opened and he sat up. Realising he had snow in his fur, he quickly shook himself, sending a flurry of snow into the air again. "I es no remembering anything saying it was to snow." he mumbled. It didn't take long for the group to realise the Tin Bird had rusted, so Mac pulled her oil can from his backpack and began oiling her joints again.

Back at the Wicked Witch's castle, the flying henchman had to duck to avoid being hit with the bowl that had held the red powder. "CURSE THAT GOOD WITCH OF THE NORTH!" she screeched, "Sticking her nose into MY business! That's it! I'm off!" she stormed away and picked up her golden broom, and made her way dramatically to the large window and sat side saddle on it. "To the Emerald City!" she barked her order, and leapt from the window. The broom levitated, and the silhouette of the Wicked Witch vanished into the horizon. She had a message to deliver, and she'll make sure everyone in Oz gets to see it.

To be continued.

(small chapter, but eh.)
Old 12-03-2006, 06:47 AM   #37
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Small or not, it was very good.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #38
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Chapter 6: The Emerald City

The giant doors of the Emerald City seemed to stretch on forever, and the Lion felt he'd suffer from a sore neck if he continued to stare up at it. Having gotten over their bout of sleepiness, the troupe stepped closer. The huge green door had a silver knocker within arms reach, but also a dangling gold chain for a bell. The Scarecrow, being the tallest and able to reach the bell wrapped his long fingers around it and tugged. The bell chimed loudly, announcing their arrival and it didn't take long for a hole in the wall to open and a guard to look out.

Now normally guards were older gentlemen, or something of the like. This guard wouldn't be any older then Mac, and she was female. Her hair fell into three plaits that sprawled in all directions, and she was dressed in a green outfit to match that of the city. She didn't look happy either, so unhappy the Lion took a few steps back. "Uh ex-ca-OOZE me," she started, folding her arms around the hole, "But who's the smart-alec who rang the bell I mean come on unless you're totally blind and unable to see why would you ring the bell, unless that is if you are blind how could you even find your way here unless you can feel through your feet and if you can do that then I'd be WAY impressed; but anyway why'd you ring the bell huh huh huh?"

They stood in silence for a few moments, the Scarecrow having lost what she was saying when she talked about seeing with feet. Mac finally realised what she had asked, somehow in that jumble of words. "Um... we did...?" he asked nervously.

"Well DUR I see that now silly head what I'm asking is why'd you ring the bell if you read the notice I so plainly put up for all to see once they arrive at the City huh? You can't read or are you a blind foot seeing person?" she asked again.

This time the Scarecrow answered, "I'm sorry but there is no sign."

"No sign??" she asked, eyes wide. "Whaddya mean there's no sign of course there's a sign I spent all day on that sign yesterday 'n I put it up right there, can't you see it's right-" she stopped, when she realised that yes indeed, there was no sign anywhere. She narrowed her eyes. "Bendy!" with that she vanished back behind the door. Moments later she returned, hung the sign on the door and slammed the hole shut and vanished again.

The group read the sign aloud, as one. "Bell out of order. Please knock."

Bloo rolled his eyes, "It wasn't out of order..." but either way he knocked on the door.

Once again the guard reappeared, this time in a different hole so she was face to face with the Scarecrow. "That's the way guys! Good for you! I was totally afraid that you couldn't read or something, where'd you go to school? Cornfield High? I heard of that place, they got a ear of corn for a mascot but why'd they call an ear of corn an ear anyway I mean they can't hear anything, can they hear anything? I guess you would know being a Scarecrow 'n all but maybe you can't hear them either since it looks like you don't got ears unless you could those floppy things by the side of your face. Anyway I'm getting off track, what's your business?"

"We wanna see the Wizard." Bloo said, interrupting the Scarecrow who looked like he was about to make a point about him being able to hear things just fine. But he didn't want to be held up by this blabbermouth any longer then she already had.

"The wizard?!?" she asked, sounding aghast. "Oh guys you can't see the Great Oz I mean nobody's ever seen him cuz I hear if you see him your eyes melt outta yer face or somethin! I've never seen him either! He's like this totally majorlly important Wizard 'n I don't think he can see anyone like you I mean you're a kid a blob a lion a birdplantplane thing and a very tall scarecrow. I think he's got a day off today I can't be sure his secretary doesn't talk to me anymore can you believe the nerve of that guy?"

"Whaddya mean we can't see him and how come no one sees him? How'd you know there's one if no one sees him?" Bloo snapped back, growing more and more agitated with ever passing second spent with this chatterbox.

"Bloo. Like she said, he's really busy. But please, um, miss, we've come a really long way to see him and.." he blinked, then remembered. "The Good Witch of the North sent us!"

"Wooaaahhhh really?" she asked, before eyeing them suspiciously. "Prove it that you met the Witch of the North, go on. Prove it."

"He's wearing the ruby shoes from the Wicked Witch of the East!" the Scarecrow declared, actually pulling Mac up so he was high enough for the guard to see the sparkly shoes. Once she did she had to snort.

"They're so not your colour. I'd think maybe green would look better on you but anyway them's the shoes all right! That's totally a horse of a different colour so I guess I gotta let you in now! Lucky for you I'm on watch 'n not the new guy we got in. He'd totally make you turn back." she then vanished from sight, and the sounds of something large and mechanical being turned on filled the air. The large doors finally began to slowly open, and as they opened the Scarecrow set Mac back down on the ground.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #39
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

The Emerald City was even more beautiful inside then outside. The streets were green marble, shiny and like walking on a mirror, the stores were green and flourished with life of the people living within the large city. High above them, the sky was shielded by a glass roof, stunning and casting shapes down onto the city below. All gathered were in awe of what they were seeing, they had never seen something as beautiful as this before. For the Scarecrow, who had lived ever since he had been stitched together and set upon his pole, all he had seen was fields of corn growing and dying over and over again. The Tin Bird had only seen her woods, knocking down dead and dying trees for families who needed it for the long winter. Also the Lion, having spent his entire life in the dark woods, too terrified to move from a place that scared him so. Sure Mac and Bloo had seen cities, the city they came from was pretty big but it had nothing on the Emerald City. Their roads weren't like this, the people weren't dressed so fashionably, nor did they have a window roof!

"It's..." the Lion started, unable to find the right word in the English or Spanish language to explain the beauty he was seeing.

"Amazing." the Scarecrow said,

"Cococo!" went the Tin Bird,

"Cool!" Bloo proclaimed,

"Huge!" Mac offered.

"Magnific." the Lion finally settled on a word.

And so the group began their walk through the city, getting many a double take from the passer-bys. Never before had they seen such a menagerie of creatures walking together. Fur, tin, straw, flesh, and a blue creature all moving as one with a common goal. But it soon dawned upon them that they had no idea where the great Wizard resided. Mac had to hail a cabby, and soon enough one rode up. It was a little old woman, about Mac's height, with greying hair and a spiffy green riding gown. The horse in question had magnificent wings, and a horn atop it's forehead and neighed as it was pulled to the curb.

"Why hello dearies, what can I do for you today?" she asked, seemingly unbothered by the group.

"Uh um. Yeah, we have to see the Wizard." Mac said, hoping she wouldn't laugh or put up such a fight about it like the guard had.

Surprisingly she smiled, and waved them onto her coach. "Oh the Wizard? Why that's no trouble at all, but first I think you should be spiffied up before you go see him! He is such a fussy old coot, that Wizard. You have to look your best or he'd turn you away before you get a chance to peep! Come on AirJack, let's go."

"Yeah yeah." the horse replied, his voice gruff and hoarse.

It wasn't long until she had lead them to what could more or less be called a beauty parlour. The woman who greeted them was in a beautiful green gown, her long pink hair tied in a ribbon as it almost brushed against the floor. She studied them all in silence for a few moments, "Okay first off, we totally have to do something about the arm and eye." she gestured to the Scarecrow, "You go that way." she pointed to a door.

"Thanks!" the Scarecrow replied, and waved to the group before vanishing behind the door way.

"Next, you so need a polish darling. You look like you haven't seen anything of the sorts in years! That way for you." she had said this to the Tin Bird, who had released a 'cocooo!' of happiness before hurrying off to get shined up.

The Lion had taken a few steps back as the woman had observed him. "Tch, look at that fur. All frizzy and unmanageable. That way for you, 'King'." she pointed once again, and after a few hesitant starts the Lion also vanished off to be cleaned up.

Finally Mac and Bloo were left, and she herself lead them away through another door.

It took near four hours until the group saw the other again. Mac's face had been washed, his hair, and even his clothes had been whisked away to be cleaned of all the dirt, dust, and anything else that fouled his clothing. The ruby shoes, which he dare not remove, had been polished by one of the workers. He walked out from his personal room feeling much better about himself. Bloo was next to follow, he hadn't been that hard to work on. He'd taken a lovely long bath, which he had stretched out for as long as he could. They actually had to kick him out eventually.

"Spiffy Mac, spiffy." he had to smirk at how puffy they had indeed made Mac's hair.

"Used too much conditioner they said." Mac shrugged. He knew next to nothing of hair care products, so who was he to argue?

First up to re-emerge from their rooms was the Tin Bird, and my what a change there was! She pretty much sparkled and twinkled from how vigorously they had buffered and shined her. You could pretty much see your reflection in her, she was that bright. Mac shielded his eyes for a second, "Wow Tin Bird, you look awesome!" Bloo would have complimented her too, if he hadn't been making faces at himself in her reflection. She saw this, and kicked him in the shin.

Secondly was the Lion, who had slowly stepped out from his room. His purple fur had never looked so well groomed, his male was curled, and he had a bright pink bow at the top of his head. He looked like an extremely large poodle, minus the puffballs around his ankles and tail. His tail too now held a ribbon matching that of the head. Bloo snorted at first, then giggled but was shushed into silence by Mac. "You look great, Lion."
Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #40
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"You think so? I no go overboard with ribbon?" he enquired, pointing to said piece.

"Pft, nah. Suits you." the Tin Bird also coco'd a few compliments, her girly side shining through with just how puffy and lovely he looked. Being able to understand her the Lion blushed a good few shades darker as they finally made it to the doorway in which the Scarecrow had vanished. They waited for a moment, and then the door was pulled open from within and out he stepped.

He had been restuffed with the finest straw one could find, his clothes washed and dried quickly, but what was most noticeable was they had fixed not only his arm, but his eye. The left arm which had been nothing more then a stub when they had first met him, now was as long and red as his right one. His busted eyestalk had been fixed, and the eye on top was as big and blinking as the other. The grin on his face couldn't begin to contain all the joy he was obviously feeling. The very sight of him caused the group to stop and stare at him in amazement.

"They fixed you!" Mac declared,

"Yup!" the Scarecrow replied, holding up his new hand and wiggling his long fingers experimentally. "Isn't it great? I mean, I told them oh no you don't have to but they kept insisting and well... Look at me guys! I've never been unbroken before! This is so awesome, and look at you all! You look so awesome too! This is just AWESOME!" seemed the Scarecrow had been set on 'awesome' since it was like every fourth word to leave his mouth.

Finally they left the beauty parlour, looking and feeling like they were finally up to scratch to see the great and powerful Wizard of Oz. How could he turn them away now that they looked like such high class citizens? Simple, he couldn't! But the joy was cut short as screams of terror filled the air and the citizens of the Emerald City near by were pointing skyward, shrieks of fear accompanying the faces. The Scarecrow looked up first, since he could finally see with two eyes he wanted to make the best of them. What he saw sent fear rolling through his newly packed body, for it was the Wicked Witch of the West.

She was atop her broom stick, circling the Emerald City but when she realised she finally had the attention she was after, black smoke began leaking out of the back of her broom. Then she began to spell in the sky, like how planes do in today's modern world.

"It's the witch!" the Scarecrow cried, and the Lion put his large paws over his eyes and cowered in fright.

"Did she follow us here?" Bloo asked, annoyed at their ugly stalker even more so then ever. But when it became apparent what she was spelling, even Bloo turned a lighter shade of blue.

"SURRENDER MAC"

The tall black letters couldn't be mistaken. They knew what, and who she as after. Mac gulped, but he felt the group close in just slightly more around him, probably out of fear that the witch could magic him away from them, even from within the Emerald City. The Lion even released a low growl, since having had the words read understood what the witch was after he realised his fears had to be forgotten for now. No one, especially not an ugly old witch would get Mac.

"N-now what do we do?" Mac asked, and the Scarecrow watched as throngs of worried Emerald City residents began rushing in one direction. He over heard them shouting things that the wizard would know who this Mac is, and he'd explain everything.

"We have to follow them, and hopefully see the Wizard before anything else happens!" he cried, and that set the group in a rush after the crowd of green, almost becoming lost in the forest of legs and dresses.

To be continued