Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #31
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Good point.

I actually do not watch anime (I get what you mean, though)...

I'm just discussing this for fun- I know it's only a cartoon, and this is somewhat of a non-important discussion that will never come to a conclusion.

But it's fun.

Ha, I was ALWAYS (and still am) the shortest person in my age-group.

-Marty
Old 10-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #32
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I know. I don't watch anime, but I'm and art student; I look at these weird thigns and I have a tendency to notice stuff like that.

Like I said, I drew mac as terrence's age and he looked normal. That was one of the parts i nmy post.

also it's FUN to discuss these thigns!
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #33
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Like that post Pitbulllady.

I certainly leave off many "unneccessary" features during my forays into cartooning.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #34
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

This'll be my contribution to the conversation, and since we're talking about odd body proportions and all...have you all ever noticed that Madame Foster's legs resemble the tips of pencils?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:15 AM   #35
Dude13
Settling In
Cruising through life without a single clue...  

Madame Foster's unusually pointy feet? Ha, noticed very much so on numerosu occasions.

I also just realized how interesting it is that on a show revolving around the concept of imaginary friends, all of whom are naturally uniquely bizarre, we can't help but notice the odd little details about the human characters, those who are supposed to be normal (Mac's head, Goo's torso, Frankie's neck, etc.)

Well, and as stated before, it's a blast to point out.
Dude13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #36
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well, imaginary friends have liscence to be as weird as they can, becuase kids don't have much of an idea of anatomy or physics. In fact, I;m suprised at the deep character and wide variety of imaginary friends, considering so many are made at a young age. Somoene like Bloo I imagine would be rare, but it seems like many of the imaginary friends come complete with a personailty beyond what a normal three-year-old or more would know of; witness scribbles.

Back to weird people, I had this dream that included Mac as a teenager for some reason and he looked normal. It was kinda weird.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #37
Dude13
Settling In
Cruising through life without a single clue...  

Normal as in correct head-to-body ratio? Because I think the ongoing theory here is that as the characters grow up (from usually being large-headed children), that all eventually evens out.
Dude13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #38
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Well, the disproportionate bodies are just a stylization. And the younger characters, I assume, have bigger heads compared to their bodie's because real baby's and young children have large heads. It's just a way to help represent the characters ages.
I never had a problom with the size of Frankie's neck. It never struck me as obscure. The only thing about Frankie that doe's is her leg's. And that's only on rare occations like when she was in her bathing-suit laying on the beach in "Squeeze the Day".
I think that maybe the reason I don't really think about these things is because I take the characters (As real as they are) as cartoon characters. I guess I just never questioned these things after haveing 22 years of cartoon watching under my belt. Plus, exzagerated faceal expresions are funny. I always laugh when Bloo's mouth is 2/3' the size of his body.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #39
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I agree with Sparky, this thread amuses me to no end.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #40
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I think Mac's will shrink. Unless the crew wants an IZ joke & have Mac's head get bigger when he grows up. (Ala Dib)

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote