Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #361
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Gosh darn it, the Piano is a mystery.
A mystery within a mystery. But I shouldn't say too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxClaire View Post
I went to bed first? That's so unlike me...
Eh, you had a very long day at the mall; you were entitled to be tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Sleep well NF House. There's more fun to come tomorrow.

Ah yes, cleaning. That's totally me, lol! I actually enjoy cleaning, and the look (and smell) of everything when I'm done. Hopefully no one in the house will come down with a nasty bug. I'm sure Lynnie Sim will do all she can to prevent that.
Your Sim seems to enjoy it as well. As for illness, Wilt once got food poisoning on another lot, and there's been an occasional virus here and there, but that's the extent of the Valley's medical history.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:39 AM   #362
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Your Sim seems to enjoy it as well. As for illness, Wilt once got food poisoning on another lot, and there's been an occasional virus here and there, but that's the extent of the Valley's medical history.
That's reassuring to know. I was a tad concerned that my Sim might be flirting with pneumonia there.

Anyhow, more great pics, Cass. I can't wait to see the video.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #363
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

This is not the video I mentioned above, which features one of the Foster's characters acting like an idiot (and very much in character, I might add). No, this 14-second clip shows what happens when you install a newly downloaded house and the mesh files for the windows either don't install or aren't included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnIvsVwxBQ

See what I have to put up with?

Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #364
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I want that wallpaper for my room
Old 02-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #365
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Party over there!
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #366
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Foster's Valley - The house next door

Earlier in the thread there's a pic of the Never Forgotten house and some of the houses nearby. To the immediate left of the NF house is a small, unremarkable dwelling which I didn't identify. Well, it's time to meet the neighbors:

Hiya, Cheese!

The official mascot of Hot Topic stares vacantly at the TV, engrossed by what looks like a pair of gnomes arguing over a shrub. Sim TV's get six different channels, each with 3-4 different programs, but unfortunately their programming isn't any better than ours. They get commercials, too. In the background Louise practices painting, not for any particular reason other than because it's fun, and off to the side her overworked and slightly cranky mom Barbara gets lunch ready:

On the menu: grilled cheese. All sorts of ways to interpret that. This being Day One at the house, the Welcome Wagon showed up while she was cooking and Cheese greeted everyone, including one familiar face:

I saw Sparky coming down the sidewalk and thought to myself, "Sparky is going into the House of Cheese. I'll be apologising for this for months." As it turned out she actually liked the little dimwit; unfortunately I couldn't get a decent pic of them talking because the rest of the Welcome Wagon got in the way. Eh, these things happen. She commandeered the swings for awhile, then it was time to head inside and solve one of FHFIF's greatest mysteries:

Sparky: "Louise, what the heck were you thinking when you created him??"
Louise: "I dunno. He just kind of came that way."

So much for my "Nyquil" theory. Shortly after that the other two members of the Welcome Wagon got bored with the swings and came inside, and here we see Bjorn Gustafsen trying to give Dmitri Chalkovich a big hug:

Which Dmitri does not appreciate:

Oddly enough, a few days later when I played a different house, all three of them showed up as the Welcome Wagon there, too, and Bjorn tried the same thing, and got the same result. I'll give him credit for being friendly, if nothing else. I think his wife Ingrid is starting to wonder about him, though. While this was going on, the clock hit 4:00 pm and that meant someone was due to walk by the house, and sure enough, someone did:

You don't know her, nor do you want to. Her name is Samantha, and of all the residents in the Valley that Cheese could have chosen to irritate, this one should be near the bottom of the list. She's a native of the area, like Sparky, and Sparky was not happy to see her:

She spent the rest of the evening avoiding the girl and being polite but distant when she couldn't. Barbara, of course, didn't know her and didn't have any qualms about disagreeing or arguing with her:

Eventually Samantha left, and Sparky decided that she ought to explain a few things to Barbara, and maybe the rest of the newcomers, too, before they got themselves into some serious trouble. Barbara didn't really care:

"Look, Ms. Read, I don't care about any of this. I'm not afraid of some sullen teenage girl or her family, I don't know anyone named Band-whatever or McBride, and I don't care about the stupid Piano or the dark sun or any of the other weird crap you're talking about. I just wanna raise my kid, get her off to college, and keep her Imaginary Friend from messing up my house. If I can find a rich boyfriend while doing all that, good for me. Kapish?"

Well, that went well. And so the plot thickens, such as it is, here in the northwest part of Foster's Valley. The part where a riddle called the Piano remains unsolved, where a dark sun waits on the horizon, where a priceless treasure remains unclaimed. Where the Bandrowsky family reigns supreme. Stay tuned...

(Okay, that was a lot heavier than what I'd originally planned. Light-hearted comedy video after y'all have commented on all this weird stuff. [crosseyed Bloo smilie goes here]).

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-20-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Removed a typo because I HATE THEM!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #367
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Hahaha ha, oh my. Bjorn is the guy who wants to be Mayor one day, right? Looks like he's trying a bit too hard in making friends. There's a time and place for hugs, and there's a time and place to NOT hug. He's got a lot to learn, doesn't he?

What's wrong with Samantha? Is she a spoiled brat who expects her way, and likes to argue with everyone? Ugh... I like her outfit, though. Too young for me personally, but it looks nice on her. I still wish I can pull that belt look off myself. Eh well.

Heh, poor Sparky. Having to deal with weirdos and then getting yelled at when she's just trying to help. *sigh* I'm sure she looked forward to coming back home. I wouldn't blame her.

Keep 'em comin' Cass! Enjoying it immensely!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #368
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I don't really follow some of the stuff that's going on in your Sims' saga Cass, but I probably wouldn't get it all even if it were explained.

And for the record, I often like real-life annoying little kids, lol.

As for Sims that are very "huggy": when I first made my Self-Sim I made her more outgoing and funloving but after observing her behavior for a while I brought some of the values down to make her more realistic. I don't go around trying to hug every person I meet in real life (although I've certainly known people who do) - and I'm Italian. But originally my Self-Sim was like that. That's why the Beetlejuice in my game hates Sim-Sparky now, because she tried to hug him and it freaked him out. She probably loved his suit.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #369
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Hahaha ha, oh my. Bjorn is the guy who wants to be Mayor one day, right? Looks like he's trying a bit too hard in making friends. There's a time and place for hugs, and there's a time and place to NOT hug. He's got a lot to learn, doesn't he?

What's wrong with Samantha? Is she a spoiled brat who expects her way, and likes to argue with everyone? Ugh... I like her outfit, though. Too young for me personally, but it looks nice on her. I still wish I can pull that belt look off myself. Eh well.

Heh, poor Sparky. Having to deal with weirdos and then getting yelled at when she's just trying to help. *sigh* I'm sure she looked forward to coming back home. I wouldn't blame her.

Keep 'em comin' Cass! Enjoying it immensely!
Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't. Bjorn wasn't like that in the old Valley, though, which makes it all the more odd, as he's the exact same Sim. As for Samantha, she's another story entirely; you'll be seeing more of her fairly soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I don't really follow some of the stuff that's going on in your Sims' saga Cass, but I probably wouldn't get it all even if it were explained.

And for the record, I often like real-life annoying little kids, lol.

As for Sims that are very "huggy": when I first made my Self-Sim I made her more outgoing and funloving but after observing her behavior for a while I brought some of the values down to make her more realistic. I don't go around trying to hug every person I meet in real life (although I've certainly known people who do) - and I'm Italian. But originally my Self-Sim was like that. That's why the Beetlejuice in my game hates Sim-Sparky now, because she tried to hug him and it freaked him out. She probably loved his suit.
It's definitely a bit more complicated than the stuff I usually write. Some of it I dreamed up in advance but mostly the story writes itself, through the Sims own actions; I just try to fit everything together and make some sense out of it. Glad to hear that you like annoying little kids, by the way; you met another last night. Some of the pics are fairly amusing.

Coco is like that, too, always has been. Her favorite "huggee" is Mr. Herriman.

And now, I believe I mentioned something about a video not too long ago. One word of caution; it's mildly gross. It's funny as hell, though, at least I thought so. Unlike most of my videos this one has sound... which adds to the gross factor. Anyway, here's Cheese, starring in "I eat, therefore I poot".

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-12-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #370
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

This is a really cool story you have Cass. I am still working on my stats - no, I will not blow this off. I will have them done come hell or high water!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote