Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #331
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

"Pianos? Well, I heard that if you press the white and black keys in the right order, they make music!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

Anyways, w00t. Wilt and Linestra becoming friends.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #332
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quick update...

There is one slot open in the NF house but I have two people looking to move in, three if Antgirl1 is still interested. Might I interest y'all in a separate house across the street?? This would include Invader Bloo, Ignate, and Antgirl1 at present. Also, AG1, if you are still interested, I can send you instructions for creating a package file, or I can try to replicate you from the Sim pic you posted some time back. Your call. Also, since I'll likely be building a second house shortly, there's room for more if anyone else is interested; the only qualification is that you not be banned. (If you are, I reserve the right to Sim you anyway and make fun of you. How's it goin' there, Megatron01? ).

Pics from Day One at the NF house will be up shortly. Play has been temporarily suspended while I try to solve the newest glitch. It seems that some of the lots that I imported from the old Valley are experiencing a form of temporal disjunction, which is just a fancy way of saying that the game clock and some things dependent on it are completely out of whack. Since I don't know how this might affect a Sim's aging process I'm treating the affected lots as unplayable at present. The solution will probably be to move the families out, delete the old lots, and rebuild them; time-consuming but, well, whatever.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-22-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #333
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Also, AG1, if you are still interested, I can send you instructions for creating a package file, or I can try to replicate you from the Sim pic you posted some time back.
Yes. I'm still interested. But I think learning how to make package files will be too confusing. So I guess you'll just have to replicate the Sim!Me. =P
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #334
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ugh, more glitches. Sorry to hear that, Cass. Hope they're fixable, and not too much a pain to do so.

Yay Ant! I hope she won't have to be the only girl in the new house though.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #335
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I liked these ones

Hope to see more soon; maybe some shots of me would not go unappreciated. Thanks!
Your house gets played tonight. I'm sending you out for a new outfit but I'm not sure what to get. Eh, I'll try to pick something that's in reasonably good taste (send me a pic of what you like!). In the meantime, I'm sticking some pics from outside the Valley in your PM box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Linestra and Wilt are becoming friends! That's so awesome! And some big time loling at what little we know about the "piano", we now know it's something scandalous. Maybe terrifying. I hope no pianos show up and make trouble.
It's a mystery within a mystery. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Yes. I'm still interested. But I think learning how to make package files will be too confusing. So I guess you'll just have to replicate the Sim!Me. =P
I'll need the info noted way back in Post #222. I'll take a shot at making her sometime tommorrow (later today, now that I've checked my clock). I'll send you the package file creation info anyway, in case you want to take a crack at it (it's easy) or are just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Ugh, more glitches. Sorry to hear that, Cass. Hope they're fixable, and not too much a pain to do so.

Yay Ant! I hope she won't have to be the only girl in the new house though.
The game has had a reputation for quirks, glitches, and crashes since it was released in 2004. I am firmly convinced that there are a lot of people at EA Games that need to be smacked.

Oh, I'm sure Ignate and Invader Bloo will behave themselves (in theory, at least). Y'all can always try to talk someone else into joining, too, if you want. Lots of people here who would make interesting Sims.

Alright, lemme go play Fomi's house for a bit and organize some pics.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #336
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

A few pics from that other large house just down the street

Monday morning finds Sparky at her computer, looking over the previous evening's posts on a certain Forum:

The score:

Humans: 8
Imaginary Friends: 2
Comic Con 2008: 4
Other Entertainment: 4
Way Off Topic: 9
Spam: 745

About average these days. Some of those posts came from within her own house, some from elsewhere in the Valley, the rest from around the world. While Sparky worked, Jekylljuice played:

All Sims know how to juggle, and they're pretty good at it, too; no one has ever dropped a bottle. The really playful ones even carry a set of juggling balls with them, useful for killing time that could be wasted on homework. Fortunately there is no school on Day One, therefore no homework for Jekylljuice to avoid. Lynnie, on the other hand, went straight to the bookcase when she entered the house:

She and Linestra were both intent on picking up a point or two of Cooking skill, and both succeeded. In the background, Jekylljuice is job hunting online while xxxClaire heads for the kitchen for a bowl of cereal. x_dummkoff_x, hereafter referred to as Xdx, had already found the cereal and plowed her way through it:

Looks like I've got another Eduardo, here. Breakfast was a haphazard affair, with everyone pretty much on their own instead of one big group meal. That's often the case, particularly with the larger families, as not everyone is always hungry at the same time. Much of the morning was spent killing time really, just getting to know each other a little better and picking up a skill point here and there. And a little gossiping went on,too:

I honestly have no idea why they're gossiping about xxxClaire; as far as I know, she hadn't done anything gossip-worthy. She did take off from the house a moment after the pic was taken; her destination was the mall, her mission was to buy a Gameboy or some such thing, which she did, and earned 500 Aspiration Points for doing so. More importantly, she ran into someone we all know:

She and Coco hit it off rather nicely. Their personalities are quite different in some respects but they seem to have similar interests and goals, which definitely helps. Oh, she met this guy, too:

Not quite as in synch as with Coco, but good enough. Wilt has been a frequent visitor to the mall when I send other Sims there, much more so than in the old Valley, and has met quite a number of people since I started playing. Works out well for everyone, as far as I'm concerned. xxxClaire eventually got her game and went home, at which point Imaginary Light decided that she wanted to take a trip to the mall, too. No one from Foster's was there this time but she did run into this guy:

Quentin McBride, one of the members of that family of thugs I mentioned awhile back. Quentin, however, is kind of the "white sheep" of the family. He has no interest in crime or troublemaking; he's a good student with a passion for medicine and dreams of someday becoming a doctor. Nice to know there's one good kid in that family. After they parted company, Imaginary Light, feeling the need to earn a little cash, made her way to the crafting station in the robotics shop and got to work:

"Hey, Cass? Go photograph that Hanazono anime girl and let me work in peace, okay?" Love to, but Karin's not here, and this post is about you and your family, not her. I did pull back, though; one does not argue with a woman who has a screwdriver in one hand and a wrench in the other. Shortly thereafter a toy robot was created and sold for a small profit, and she gained 500 Aspiration Points in the process. After that she went back home, where Linestra was getting lunch on the table:

In truth it was a bit early for lunch but hunger knows no schedule. Those who were hungry ate; those who weren't found other things to do. Pretty easygoing morning, overall. At that point the clock struck noon, and everyone sat back and waited to see who would be in the soon-to-arrive Pest Brigade Welcome Wagon.

More to come... (Mac smilie goes here)

Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #337
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Humans: 8
Imaginary Friends: 2
Comic Con 2008: 4
Other Entertainment: 4
Way Off Topic: 9
Spam: 745
LOL! I may not post in the spam section very often, but it's sure fun to read. As it has been said many times by many posters, "One can never have too much spam."

Quote:
I did pull back, though; one does not argue with a woman who has a screwdriver in one hand and a wrench in the other.
And LOL again. Yeah, I wouldn't want to argue with someone holding two heavy tools in their hands either.

I'm happy for Claire in meeting both Coco and Wilt. Cool that some members are gaining aspiration points already too. And haha, everyone can juggle, huh? If only that would rub off into real life. I've never been able to do it. No matter how much I practice.

Yay, I'm looking forward to more!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:36 AM   #338
Ignate
Newly Abandoned
Remember, inactive people will always get a personal text.  

Hah! That's pretty awesome. The Never Forgotten house looks great.
Ignate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #339
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Why must people always gossip about me?

But I'm glad I got to meet Coco and Wilt! Yay!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #340
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Haha, do not get in my way if I am brandishing a screwdriver and a wrench...because I'll probably end up killing/hurting someone very badly on accident