Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #331
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
there's good waitresses and bad ones at every restaurant.
I agree. Though I think I'm one of the good ones at the restaurant where I work... my dad has owned it for all of my life, so I literally grew up watching and learning how to waitress! There's one woman named Mary that I'd definetely NOT want as a waitress, though! I feel really sorry for her customers!

I'm proud of me - in my several years of waitressing, I've only dropped ONE thing! And I don't steal food off of plates lol

And I have a pretty good attitude (unlike Mary).

Speaking of computers, Jabberwocky, I get angry whenever my dad downloads a bunch of programs on MY computer that I bought with my own $$$. He's like "You'll like them! Plus, I always use them!"

Then I have to go through deleting stupid useless programs that he downloaded and has NEVER used again. Bleah.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #332
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Here is another one: Parents who cannot control their children at an event (sports, or a show). They climb all over the bleachers, or seats in front of you and around you. Makes me want to punch the parent!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #333
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

It's not just events! I was in H & R Block once and there were these two kids running and screaming up and down the hallway for the ENTIRE time their mom was with the agent. She only told them to settle down once, and then after that she ignored them completely.

You couldn't even talk over them, you had to yell because they were screaming so loud. GRRRR
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #334
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I especially like it when they bring 'em to totally nawt for childrens movies. I hope your two-year-old thoroughly enjoyed War of the Worlds.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #335
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

It doesn't bother me so bad about what the kids are seeing (I was brought up on horror/thriller movies of all kinds and I turned out pretty normal), but that the younger kids usually don't understand what is going on and get bored, thus making them fidget, talk, and otherwise disrupt the movie for others. My motto is if you don't think the kid will understand what's going on, hire a babysitter, see a different movie, or just don't go.

I won't even get into the subject of screaming babies in theaters... Ok, yeah, maybe you REALLY wanted to see a movie and absolutely COULDN'T find a babysitter, so you took the baby, but for the love of pete if the baby gets upset and screams, PLEASE LEAVE THE THEATER!!!

Speaking of which, I hate it when people won't shut up in theaters or throw candy/popcorn at people in front of them. FREAKING GROW UP ALREADY!!!!! It's why I am usually against seeing PG-13 movies in theaters... you get a lot of kids who think it's absolutely hilaaaaaaarrriooooouuussss.

Last edited by scary_dream; 03-07-2007 at 07:35 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #336
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Speaking of which, I hate it when people won't shut up in theaters or throw candy/popcorn at people in front of them. FREAKING GROW UP ALREADY!!!!! It's why I am usually against seeing PG-13 movies in theaters... you get a lot of kids who think it's absolutely hilaaaaaaarrriooooouuussss.
Yeah, that's the reason why I try to sit way in the back of the theater if at all possible.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #337
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I won't even get into the subject of screaming babies in theaters... Ok, yeah, maybe you REALLY wanted to see a movie and absolutely COULDN'T find a babysitter, so you took the baby, but for the love of pete if the baby gets upset and screams, PLEASE LEAVE THE THEATER!!!

When I saw Finding Nemo in theaters, during one of the dramatic suspenseful moments there was this kid who "whispered" to his mom, "HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD!!!". I mean sure, I could have figured that out myself, but SHUT UP KID. >:[

Plus there were a lot of really tiny kids crying/screaming at certain parts in the Spongebob movie (DON'T JUDGE ME) which is probably because the parents understandably didn't expect it to be so frightening, but still.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #338
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Carnies! I hate carnies!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #339
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Plus there were a lot of really tiny kids crying/screaming at certain parts in the Spongebob movie (DON'T JUDGE ME) which is probably because the parents understandably didn't expect it to be so frightening, but still.
hey! I love it!

I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK) I WANT TO ROCK!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #340
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
When I saw Finding Nemo in theaters, during one of the dramatic suspenseful moments there was this kid who "whispered" to his mom, "HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD!!!". I mean sure, I could have figured that out myself, but SHUT UP KID. >:[

Yeah, on the subject of "SHUT UP KID!", when I was in a horror movie once that I thought was relatively decent for what it was, there was a pre-teen next to me who was trying to impress his friends and kept repeating/whining "OMG this is SOOOOOO stupidddddd... this suuuuuucks sooooo badddddd...."

Of course he was just trying to be cool in front of his friends whether he liked the movie or not, but I seriously wish I had kicked him or something. Good for him I'm nice.

and don't worry, I saw Spongebob in the theaters, too!