Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #311
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Megatron whathisface...he was a strange one
We shall always remember him as a shining example of what it truly means to be a useless idiot.

Equally useless is the dang crow that got me as I passed under him an hour ago. My hat is in the washer as I type this. Needless to say, I was more than a little ticked off when it happened. This is why I will never support any legislation that would outlaw BB guns.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #312
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post

Equally useless is the dang crow that got me as I passed under him an hour ago. My hat is in the washer as I type this. Needless to say, I was more than a little ticked off when it happened. This is why I will never support any legislation that would outlaw BB guns.
Sorry, had to laugh at that.

Anyhow...

Clinomorphisms tend to annoy me, as do most misconceptions surrounding mental health issues. One of the most common examples is when people casually equate the term 'schizophrenic' with having a split personality (which isn't actually the case). It hits much more of a personal nerve with me when people apply the term 'obsessive compulsive' to behaviour which qualifies, at best, as run-of-the-mill fussiness. Either that or they stereotype genuine OCD-sufferers as reclusive, detox-wielding Howard Hughes-type individuals who'll throw a major tantrum if you rearrange their soup cans out of alphabetical order. The result being that the true extent of the affliction gets trivialised and/or sensationalised. I blame such wildely-held misconceptions for it taking me so many years to even realise that what I had was a recognised and treatable disorder.

Also, as a vegetarian, I get ticked off by people who believe they can intimidate me simply by saying the word "meat". Oh, please...

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #313
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Worse yet, people who think it's cool to be schizophrenic or have OCD and offhandedly brag about having it when they don't, they just looked it up on webMD and decided they vaguely in a roundabout way exhibit the symptoms because after all they enjoy reading Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and other deeeemmmmented craaazy daaark weeeird things from Hot Topic. Oooh you like pictures to be symmetrical, hardxcore you wacky zany insane person you. I know a kid like that. He's the human equivalent of foot odor.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 03-03-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #314
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
That happened to me once when I was like, 4 years old but I didn't have a hat on... I cried like the little girl I was!

*hugs Jabberwocky* Those people make me want to push them into heavy traffic! I cannot STAND people who treat a feigned mental illness as a pair of shoes to be shown off!! GRR!

Last edited by scary_dream; 03-03-2007 at 04:38 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #315
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
A passing bird pooped on my MP3 player once. For reals.

And a big bakery-fresh WORD PIE to the "insane people" thing. People who flaunt how ~*~iNsAnE~*~ and ~*~rAnDoM~*~ they are give me a burning urge to stab things. Pretending to be mentally ill because you think it will make you cool and eccentric and full of personality makes you stupid. There will never be a time when this will not make you stupid. People with real disorders don't brag about having disorders, the whole point of randomness is that it's spontaneous, and isn't the whole point of being crazy that crazy people don't know they're crazy? I hate people.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #316
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
My hat is in the washer as I type this. Needless to say, I was more than a little ticked off when it happened. This is why I will never support any legislation that would outlaw BB guns.
Thats why God invented the .22 Short cartridge...
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #317
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I hate people.

Lol Kageri, you're awesome. Well said.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #318
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I agree with kageri. Also people who casually flaunt being gay or bi (a lot of people claim to be bi when they really aren't, I guess because they can get away with never actually having to prove it, and they think it makes them more exotic or glamorous to say so). I can tell you, being any sexual orientation other than straight is pretty horrible. I know homosexuality is sometimes glamorised on screen, and I suppose nowadays there's a reasonable amount of public support for being homosexual - but actually BEING non-straight is a very alienating, soul-injuring experience. It isn't something "cool" to show off. There's a difference between being proud of and comfortable with what you are and being show-offy. If that makes sense. And that's probably as far as that argument should go, since we shouldn't exactly "discuss" sexuality here. But I was just saying, people who don't take sexuality seriously suck.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #319
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I hate it when people let their dogs go to the bathroom just anywhere and don't clean up. Especially when they do it in other people's yards. They try to act covertly and get away from the scene as quick as possible. It's just plain rude on so many levels.
I'm on kageri's train of people hate.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 AM   #320
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
...and isn't the whole point of being crazy that crazy people don't know they're crazy?
That really depends on whether what you have is a neurosis or a psychosis. Neurotic people tend to be more aware of the irrationality of their actions, but that doesn't make it any easier for them to live with it, and there's certainly no inclination to start bragging about it. When you really do have OCD, you go to utmost lengths to conceal your compulsions and/or the true motiviations behind them from other people. The last thing you want is to draw attention to yourself and be lectured about how unreasonable you're being. You're already jaded enough from trying to reason yourself out of this mindset to know that it isn't going to help you.

One thing that a lot of people don't get, when they describe something as commonplace as their desk-arranging habits as "obsessive compulsive", is that having OCD isn't a matter of exhibiting a few cute little quirks and eccentricities; it's a truly painful and arduous mental struggle against intrusive thoughts and images inside your mind.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-04-2007 at 09:34 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote