Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #21
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Sorry to hear about this, Sparky. Best of luck with the test results. Kiwi'll be alright, hopefully.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

That sounds mostly good. Fingers crossed that's the end of it. I suppose the reproductive cycle messes with everybody's head at some point.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #23
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

*Finally* heard from the vet about Kiwi's tests. Turns out she's actually healthier than the last time I took her to the vet 2 years ago, lol. The only problem she had then was her kidneys, her uric acid was high. It's still a tad high but almost normal now. Anyways she's got fuzz coming in, and she's all "bumpy" - that's her feathers poking through. Unfortunately as I have to catch her and hold her to give medicine every day she's mad at me and goes to sulk in the bottom corner of her cage whenever I go to say hi to her. She wouldn't come out voluntarily Tuesday or Wednesday; she decided to try coming out this morning but of course before putting her back in later she got medicine, so I dunno, she might not want to come out again for weeks now. She'll be done with the meds in...two Mondays. Hope we can both keep our sanity, poor bird. So anyways other than being upset about getting medicine she's quite good.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

That's terrific news! That she's healthy that is. Eh, no one likes taking medicine though. I hope she fares well with that until it's over. I'm glad to hear she's getting fuzzy and bumpy, too. Hope she has a full body of feathers again in a few months.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

It's good to know that Kiwi's doing better.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:08 AM   #26
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Phew, that's a relief. Poor little parrot, I'm so glad that things are looking up for her.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #27
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Sorry she's upset over the medicine. She might get used to the routine and figure out that she comes to no harm from it. Glad she's basically ok though.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #28
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I think maybe she has already. She came out fine this morning for breakfast and when I took her into the bathroom afterwords to catch her she ran away some but didn't scream. And then she wanted to come out two more times later in the day. So I guess maybe she's willing to deal with the medicine to be able to come out, even though because of the eggs she still doesn't want to stay out long each time. Maybe she'll be back to normal after we get back from vacation.

She looks really weird right now though, the bumps have turned into little spines.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #29
Sparky

Well by the time we picked Kiwi up from the boarders on Tuesday she looked perfect. This morning, she had plucked again. Don't know why. I'm not taking her to the vet again (unless she starts chewing her skin and bleeding or whatever) because we already know there's nothing physically wrong with her. But we really don't know why she'd pluck again. It's not like she can be distracted to not do it, because she only does it overnight when she's settled down to sleep and not during the day. So it's a mystery.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #30
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Noooo, Kiwi Birdie, why are you doing this again?? You're making your mom flustered! As am I.

Sorry to hear this, Sparky. I just hope she gets over this bout of behavioral issues with little to no worries.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kiwi, parrot