Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #21
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Hughes death in FMA was one of the most touching moments at the series, and gave one of the best scenes of who Roy really was at his funeral. It's a clear, blue day out there, and all of a sudden...

Roy (crying): Oh, look, water...it must be raining...

Another touching death was Alice Elliot's at the end of the game Shadow Hearts. It's especially poignant when you see all she did for the main character.

There were also several touching deaths at the end of the Xenosaga series, including

Spoiler Below
Nigredo (Gaignun Kukai), Canaan, chaos, KOS-MOS, and Jin
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #22
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

So far, it's been Harry Osbourne/New Goblin from Spider-Man 3 for me.

It was quite sad how he died.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

When
Spoiler Below
Dr. Nick got hit by a shard of the dome's glass
in The Simpsons Movie.

"Goodbye everybody...!"

Last edited by Nyo; 10-28-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #24
FamoKrishina
Newly Abandoned

Hm...well, as others have mentioned, Mufasa's death in The Lion King really gets me, even though I've seen the movie a million times now. It was just so heart-breakingly sad...poor innocent Simba. ;_;

And in One Piece, though there's plenty of heart-wrenching death scenes in this anime, one that really got to me was
Spoiler Below
the Going Merry's death. Good God, that whole scene was played off so well, it had me bawling. Especially Luffy's "MEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYY!" at the end. ;~;
FamoKrishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #25
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

FamoKrishina is right in that Mufasa's death in TLK was pretty sad. I didn't cry, but it just kinda gets you.

I'm gonna betray my true geek nature here and mention two deaths that kinda hit me. * thumps heart for a beat *

In Star Trek 2: The Warth of Khan, the whole scene between Shatner and Nimoy (no spoiler tags because it's such an old film-- early 80's-- so i guess a lot of people have seen it. If not, sorry for that!) here was so great and well-acted. (Yeah, I know, well-acted and Shatner tend to contradict sometimes, but it's true.)

The other was in Star Trek Nemesis when
Spoiler Below
Data sacrificed his life to save Picard and the Enterprise
. It was so good and... Shakespearian. I got choked up and then I bawled like a baby for fifteen minutes. (Thankfully, I was in my room watchingit on DVD and my parents were downstairs. Me crying like that would have freaked them out.)

See why I call myself a nut job?

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #26
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

Littlefoot's mother's death in The Land Before Time. That scene brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it...

I'm also kindof surprised. When I was little I was sad about Littlefoot's mother's death, but then when I went and watched The Lion King, Mufasa's death didn't upset me as much. It wasn't until I watched the movie THIS YEAR that I realized how heartbreaking that whole scene was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamoKrishina View Post
And in One Piece, though there's plenty of heart-wrenching death scenes in this anime, one that really got to me was
Spoiler Below
the Going Merry's death. Good God, that whole scene was played off so well, it had me bawling. Especially Luffy's "MEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYY!" at the end. ;~;
OH GEEZ. I had actually been spoiled for that on some joke website (made me SO mad...) but that scene still ripped my heart to shreds.
Spoiler Below
I read it in the manga first. When I saw the Merry come back to save the Strawhats I began to doubt the stuff I had heard and actually believed that Merry might be all right. Then when she snapped in half... I just sat there, staring at the screen in disbelief. Then I SOBBED when I read the rest of the chapter. The anime episode of it was heartbreaking as well, but I guess the manga affected me the most 'cuz I read it first.

One Piece is the ONLY series that makes you cry about the death of a CARAVEL.
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #27
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

(I don't really need to put spoiler tags around this because the movie's been out for a couple years.)

Edward Bloom in Big Fish. I mean...okay, it was kinda obvious he was going to die before the movie ended. And even though he was finally happy when he died...okay, I balled my eyes out for the last 20 minutes of the movie the first time I saw it. I'm such a baby
Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 AM   #28
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

*OT* Nathandeeerrr!!! Great to find another Hellsing fan here!!!

Spoiler Below
Schrödinger's death in Chapter 87, not to forget the Captain. And Pip Bernadotte. I hope my kitty will come back, though... I miss him... and Yumiko/Yumie too.

In Hellsing, characters die like flies.

Spoiler Below
Fenthick in Neverwinter Nights. I couldn't play for a week after that, and it is one of the main highlights of my fanfic.

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"

Last edited by Fomalhaut; 12-04-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:49 AM   #29
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I Fist of the North Star... well, just about everybody, but some highlights (you'll know if you've seen the series)

Rei

Toki

Raoh (even the villain!)

Fuuga and Raiga

Mamiya's family

EIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falco

Jyuuza

Fudoh

SHU!!!!!

...And a lot of others, actually. Danged depressing show, for all the exploding heads.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #30
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Come on people! Who could forget "Old Yeller?"
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote