Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #21
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

omg that's just too adorableeeee T_______T

...call him Chuck. XD
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #22
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
omg that's just too adorableeeee T_______T

...call him Chuck. XD
I've REALLY, seriously thought about that, and if he'd been white and fluffy, it would have been a done deal. Most people here, though, associate the name "Chuck" with "Chuckie", the evil possessed killer doll of the insipid Child's Play movies and their various sequels. While this little guy CAN try my patience, and is quite mischievous and a bit on the hyper side, he's not mean or vicious by any stretch. He even knows how to "pull his punches" when he's wrestling with my hand, and most kittens and puppies tend to bite REALLY hard when they're very young, because they haven't learned that they have to control that bite reflex when playing with a thin-skinned human.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #23
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I've REALLY, seriously thought about that, and if he'd been white and fluffy, it would have been a done deal. Most people here, though, associate the name "Chuck" with "Chuckie", the evil possessed killer doll of the insipid Child's Play movies and their various sequels. While this little guy CAN try my patience, and is quite mischievous and a bit on the hyper side, he's not mean or vicious by any stretch. He even knows how to "pull his punches" when he's wrestling with my hand, and most kittens and puppies tend to bite REALLY hard when they're very young, because they haven't learned that they have to control that bite reflex when playing with a thin-skinned human.

pitbulllady
Ugh, Chuckie... I saw that film when I was like... Seven years old (Along with a scene from The Exorcist like a day later where girls head to swivvels round). Scarred for life, man. I haven't been the same since...

Anyway, the kitten is just TOO adorable. That little face and those big eyes... Just... AW! About the name... I've never been to good at naming things but I think he kinda looks like a... Gus? Sorry...
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #24
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Ugh, Chuckie... I saw that film when I was like... Seven years old (Along with a scene from The Exorcist like a day later where girls head to swivvels round). Scarred for life, man. I haven't been the same since...

Anyway, the kitten is just TOO adorable. That little face and those big eyes... Just... AW! About the name... I've never been to good at naming things but I think he kinda looks like a... Gus? Sorry...
Salem's Lot was the scarry movie when I was that young, Speeking of which Why not call the cat

Vlad, you know because of the FANGS.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #25
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

*dies of cuteness overload*

Call him Tiger. (Or Pitbullcat. XD)
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #26
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
*dies of cuteness overload*

Call him Tiger. (Or Pitbullcat. XD)
Heh, Pitbullcat XD I like that
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #27
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Given his beautiful eyes, I'd say that a perfect name for him would be "Sapphire", or, "Sapy" for short. And congratulations on the newest member to the family, Pitty. I honestly feel that you saved that little guys life.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #28
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Given his beautiful eyes, I'd say that a perfect name for him would be "Sapphire", or, "Sapy" for short. And congratulations on the newest member to the family, Pitty. I honestly feel that you saved that little guys life.

His eyes aren't going to stay blue, guys. ALL little baby kittens have blue eyes when they open, but they gradually change to some other color, unless the cat is a "pointed" cat, meaning it has Siamese-type markings, or is solid white(and blue-eyed white cats are almost always stone-deaf), or is a bi-color, meaning it's at least 50% white and some other color, since the blue eyes are caused by the genes that create those coat colors or patterns. This kitten will probably have green eyes when he's grown up. It would be nice if they stayed blue, but I really don't think that will happen. He should turn out to be a handsome cat, in any case. He's got a nice, round face, almost like a British Shorthair. Most of the "alley cats" around here have a lot of Siamese/Oriental influence in how they're built, with that long, narrow pointed face and really short coat. This little fella has a thick, plush coat-not a long coat like a Persian or anything, but more like the coat on a Husky or Akita puppy. That's one of the things that makes me wonder if there isn't some bobcat back in his family tree, since they have those plush, more dog-like coats, too.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #29
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Really? I never knew that all cats were born with temporary blue eyes. That is very interesting, and as a cat owner/lover, I should have known that. Thanks for the tidbit, Pitty.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #30
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

AND the slow blinking of the eyes is the cat equalivant of a kiss.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote