Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:14 AM   #21
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
Bird was a 1980's basketball star. Julius Erving ruled the 1970's.
I stand corrected, and have changed my eailer post to reflect that.

And hey yeah, now that you mentioned it, Julius would have actually been a better name for the character, sounds way more menacing then Larry.

But then again if you make the character more menacing then he already is, then would make his change of heart at the end of the episode way harder to swallow.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #22
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Plus I adore his voice.
I said that first. (lol)

Quote:
Interesting choice of a name, Bird=Fowl=Foul... Larry? That's probably stretching it.
Nope, it's not stretching it. I posted the exact same analogy.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Larry's voice is bad ass, but I'm mainly saying that because I'm a big fan of that particular voice actor: Kevin Michael Richardson. He's been on the show before voicing the leader of those purple alien Snot Boogies Goo created in "Make believe it or not".

He's also done voicework in the Crash Bandicoot games, Lilo and Sitch, Ratchet and Clank, Teen Titans and my FAV. role of his: the Joker on "The Batman". If they do bring back Larry I really do hope they use his troubled past as a story piece to try and make things interesting.

I've been sick of bad guys going good ever since animes seem to have abused that idea to death, especially in Yu-gi-oh. Hopefully he will be used again and made more interesting. The movie didn't really make good use of him.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-28-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #24
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Interesting that his creator seemed to be the only white kid in the neighborhood.
Well, there's at least this kid:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengr...s/gwh-0099.jpg

And maybe I'll catch some more when doing the rest of the screengrabs, in the other flashback sequences.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #25
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Well, there's at least this kid:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengr...s/gwh-0099.jpg

And maybe I'll catch some more when doing the rest of the screengrabs, in the other flashback sequences.
ah.

anyway, those kids are the clear minority. Not that it matters much, I just thought it was kinda interesting.

Larry's shooting form was nicely animated, at least I thought so. I always appreciate it when basketball is well animated (like in the Adam Sandler cartoon, Eight Crazy Nights. Didn't care too much for the movie, but the basketball sequences were fantastic.)
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #26
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Yeah...Larry even got SHADING. Aww, why can't Wilt have shading too? XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #27
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Yeah...Larry even got SHADING. Aww, why can't Wilt have shading too? XDD
The shading probably is intended to make Larry look more menacing, but I do like the little ads/bumpers/whatever that they sometimes show in CN, with more "realistic" versions of the characters, like the one where Mac is dragging that stick along the fence, or Wilt and the others are trying to get Ed to slide down the banister. Wilt DOES look better with that shading himself, NOT that he looks bad now!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #28
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
The shading probably is intended to make Larry look more menacing, but I do like the little ads/bumpers/whatever that they sometimes show in CN, with more "realistic" versions of the characters, like the one where Mac is dragging that stick along the fence, or Wilt and the others are trying to get Ed to slide down the banister. Wilt DOES look better with that shading himself, NOT that he looks bad now!

pitbulllady
Yes. It makes the characters more "real". XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #29
Verity
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
The Grinch reference. XDD

I have NO IDEA of how Wilt's heart fits in his body, since it's "As big as his smile". XDD
I always think: "How is there room for lungs, stomach, intestines and all, in that tiny trunk, especially with that huge heart of solid gold?"
Even though I'm aware that he is an imaginary friend, and FHFIF is a cartoon, I can't help thinking about it.

Now, about Larry... I don't know what I think about him. But I kind of like his scary voice. And there's something about his looks or how he's animated that I like, but I can't remember what it is. Maybe it's what you guys have already said.
He also reminds me of Fatso Buccha (named after pro-wrestler Abdullah the Butcher) from the manga Air Gear (which I read almost only because it's in the manga magazine I subscribe to ) in many ways; for instance, they're both huge heels (yeah, heel's a pro-wrestling term, but whatever).

His change from good to bad semt odd to me too, and that happens in cartoons, comics etc all the time; the bad guy apologises to the good guys, and just like that, he's good and becomes one of them. But since this show is mainly for kids it obviously doesn't have to be thoroughly realistic. And it certainly isn't - they break the laws of nature 24/7.
Now that I think about it, it happens in all kinds of movies.

Ahem... I think I have to watch GWH a couple of times to decide what I think of Larry. At least I don't despise him
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #30
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I don't think one should totally blame Foul Larry for being what he is. A lot of it had to do with Larry's creator. At least, he's getting a chance to be with a better kid.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote