Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #281
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I like the yellow bedrooms too. And I fear all our Sims trying to share only two bathrooms...
Look again; there are 3.5 bathrooms. 2.5 on the first floor and one upstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
And I totally hate those stupid bubble blowers. I can tell you already that my Sim won't leave it alone if you put it in.
Therein lies the beauty and utility of the bubble blower. If I need to focus on one or two Sims in a given house, the rest will go play with the dang thing without any prompting from me and stay put until they're about to starve, pass out, or have a bladder incident. It's the ultimate free babysitter.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #282
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Look again; there are 3.5 bathrooms. 2.5 on the first floor and one upstairs.
You're right, I only saw one on each floor.

And I didn't think of that with the bubble blower. I've always just let people run around and do whatever. I think my biggest household right now is Whipstaff Manor and who cares what the Trio do anyways, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #283
Ignate
Newly Abandoned
Remember, inactive people will always get a personal text.  

Wow, the place looks good. And a green room, awesome.
Ignate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #284
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Am I too late?

Name: Rachel
Eyes: grey (if you have hazel, use it)
Knowledge track
Turn ons: Hats, Glasses
Turn off: Underwear
Use default Taurus setting

Feel free to change the shirt.

Last edited by antgirl1; 12-22-2007 at 08:12 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #285
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Am I too late?

(Pic goes here)

Name: Rachel
Eyes: grey (if you have hazel, use it)
Knowledge track
Turn ons: Hats, Glasses
Turn off: Underwear
Use default Taurus setting

Feel free to change the shirt.
One is never too late for playtime.

If there's any way you can upload her somewhere or email me the package file it would save time; otherwise, I'll do my best to replicate her.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #286
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Does that mean there'd still be room in that house for me? I mean, I do still feel a little nervous about the whole idea of going before the world in Sim form, but I'm impressed enough with the results thus far to be willing to give it a shot.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #287
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:

If there's any way you can upload her somewhere or email me the package file it would save time; otherwise, I'll do my best to replicate her.
I'm not sure how I can even do this sort of thing. (I'm not some kind of hacker or anything, I only have the default game and Seasons Expansion installed)
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #288
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
I'll be needing the info noted back in post #222, too. And you would so be in your own room.

The final price, with cheap but reasonably comfortable furniture, came to $63,317. To save time (and avoid any charges of favoritism), every bedroom is the same size and all are identically furnished in the same theme - "Yellow". The house is located three doors away from Foster's. The original model had no second floor and was a little narrower, at least until I went into Build Mode and got adventurous. Pics to come shortly, at which point you will discover that my knowledge of interior decorating is exceeded only by my knowledge of everything else. Yes, I will redecorate upon request.

Everyone has been installed, by the way, and the game has assigned everybody's "Lifetime Wants", which is your Sim's goal in life, more or less:

Lynnie: Marry off 6 children
Sparky: Become a Celebrity Chef
Imaginary Light: Earn $100,000
Linestra: Reach the top of the Law Enforcement career
X_dummkoff_x: Reach the top of the Journalism career
xxxClaire: Reach the top of the Gamer career

These can be changed, like everything else, through the miracle of game hacks.
Can you choose your own "Lifetime Wants"?

Quote:
I hate posting back-to-back.

Okay, here's what's been going on. I picked out a new neighborhood template and installed it; it runs smoothly, and it's roomy enough for everyone plus some additions. Everybody is in the process of being relocated. It's the same Sims that you're familiar with; the only difference is memory loss and their ages have been reset to Day One, so it's pretty much like starting over. I don't consider this much of a price to pay. While processing one of the non-Foster's characters and reestablishing his personality, it occurred to me that if I wanted to make any changes to him, now would be the time to do it. And that's where you guys come in.

The personalities of the Foster's characters have been the subject of - how shall I say it? - lively debate and strong opinion here on the Never Forgotten Forum. We each know our favorite characters best, or at least we think we do. Take Wilt for example. I think we can all agree that he's a pretty nice guy, but how nice is he? For that matter, where does he stand on the scale between Outgoing and Shy? What are his turn-ons and turn-offs? What's his level of interest in, say, Politics or Fashion? Can such things be quantified, for him and the other characters as well? Sure they can. Take a look at this:

This is from the game's User Interface. It's fairly self-explanatory, I think, at least parts of it. The statistics shown are for a Sim named Ronald Delmastro, who lives in the Valley and has met some of the Foster's characters but is not otherwise connected to the show. He's a little on the Neat side, slightly Shy, pretty Active, pretty Serious, and dead center between Grouchy and Nice. He's in good physical shape and his Zodiac sign is Cancer. Ron is straight (not shown on the display), is attracted to blondes and women who wear glasses, and turned off by being overweight. He has zero interest in work and a great deal of interest in crime and travel. Ron has the Family Aspiration; every Sim has one of six Aspirations, chosen when he/she becomes a teen, which I discussed briefly here on the old forum.

Some further info on all this:

Personality traits influence how fast a Sim learns various skills; Neat Sims, for example, learn Cleaning faster than Sloppy Sims, and the really Neat ones enjoy tidying up. Personality traits also have an effect on a Sims needs, such as hunger, energy, and the need for some company. The more closely two Sims personalities match, the better they're likely to get along or be attracted to each other.

Zodiac signs also influence relationships, both for friendship and love. Some signs attract, some repel, some are neutral. All signs are neutral to themselves.

Turn-ons and turn-offs include:

Black hair
Blonde hair
Brown hair
Red Hair
Custom Hair
Grey Hair
Fitness
Fatness
Cologne
Stink
Formalwear
Swimwear
Underwear
Facial Hair
Glasses
Vampirism
Make-up
Full-face Make-up

I think that's all of them.

Interests, like Personality, has an influence on how well two Sims will get along. The higher the level of interest in a given topic, the more likely that Sim is to bring it up in conversation.

Aspirations, like everything else it seems, also add to attraction for friendship and love. Additionally, Aspirations determine what a Sim wants and what he can do to score Aspiration Points, which can be traded in for useful goodies of various sorts.

Whew, that's a lot to digest (and a lot of typing). Anyway, I would love to get as much feedback on this as I can before I start returning our favorite characters to the game, so if you can take the time to think about all this for a bit and post something about it, I'd appreciate it. If anything I wrote here needs further explanation or clarification, by all means feel free to ask.
I don't get the turn-offs is that for us or the Foster's characters?

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #289
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Can you choose your own "Lifetime Wants"?
The game chooses them from a pool of around 30; which one a Sim gets depends on his/her Aspiration. I can change them, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I don't get the turn-offs is that for us or the Foster's characters?
Both. Every Sim has one turn-off. If another Sim has that characteristic, the first Sim will be much less interested in pursuing a relationship with that Sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Does that mean there'd still be room in that house for me? I mean, I do still feel a little nervous about the whole idea of going before the world in Sim form, but I'm impressed enough with the results thus far to be willing to give it a shot.
There is an upper limit of 8 Sims per house; currently there are two openings in the house and, apparently, four applicants. There is nothing to say that I can't open a second Forum house, however, be it a copy of the current one or a different design entirely. I'm game if you all are.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #290
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

"Vampirism"???

i dont even know what to say to that...lol