Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #281
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I think this one ticks everyone off:

When you get a catchy yet annoyingly terrible cartoon theme tune stuck in your head ALL DAY. I woke up this morning with the theme tune to a stupid mouse cartoon which I'd fallen asleep watching last night stuck in my head. Gah!
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #282
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I'll tell you what I hate:

When people want your opinion on a difficult decision - but they have already MADE it! Are they seeking approval, or forgiveness?
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #283
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Here's something I hate on a DAILY basis:

When freaking Youtube jack asses remove videos or BAN users over stupid copyright issues. Give me a break, there's thousands of videos on there that break even bigger laws about stealing videos.

But no, they find people who post short ass clips of simple things like Monty Python's Black Knight, and Foster's short "Driving miss crazy" to be more illegal then people who post entire episodes of TV shows in split sections/parts.

I'm sick of Youtube removing my favorite videos or shorts because a copyright law says so. People become fans of half the TV shows they see clips from on Youtube, and sometimes like with music, you just want some parts to rewatch.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #284
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

When freaking Youtube jack asses remove videos or BAN users over stupid copyright issues. Give me a break, there's thousands of videos on there that break even bigger laws about stealing videos.

But no, they find people who post short ass clips of simple things like Monty Python's Black Knight, and Foster's short "Driving miss crazy" to be more illegal then people who post entire episodes of TV shows in split sections/parts.

I'm sick of Youtube removing my favorite videos or shorts because a copyright law says so. People become fans of half the TV shows they see clips from on Youtube, and sometimes like with music, you just want some parts to rewatch.
I've seen entire movies on Youtube. And not in several parts, either -- the whole things in their 90-some-minute entirety. And one of them stayed up for like two weeks! It's crazy.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #285
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

That hasant really started to happen untill Google bought out Youtube, didant it? I cant blame them for wanting to avoid braking the law, but they should focus on the larger culprits. But it's difficult for them to find the stuff that SHOULD be removed because people upload them in code names of sorts making them that much harder to find and terminate.
I think what really ticks me off is when people talk about you behind your back, or worse, make things up about you behind your back.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #286
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Actually Youtube started doing this before Google bought them out. I had an account on there under the name "Reaper969" and I had about over 250 videos uploaded on there, 99% of it all practically anime music videos I've found over the years and uploaded.

I got banned because for some VERY weird reason, Pokemon anime music videos violated copyright laws but apparently every other anime does not. I also got banned for posting a rare disney cartoon called "Runaway Brain". I understand copyright laws, but the thing is people aren't using this to make money.

It's just like with the Foster's shorts, you can't find those anywhere else and for them to be yanked off it only frustrates people even more because Youtube has become a haven for people to see new shows and new expierences. Shows like Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Aqua Teen get built on these promos.

Just having a few seconds worth of a clip can make a new fan out of someone and while I don't approve of the split movies and TV shows, I don't think stinking clips of things like clips from "boston legal" are bad enough to warrant banning. The fan movie "juggernaut b*tch" helped make youtube famous and THAT got yanked too.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #287
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Believe it or not, the GWH ad and clip I posted on YT are still there, nearly four months after posting. Hard to believe they missed them in all that time.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-17-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #288
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

okay...the radio?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #289
vannielou
Settling In

the radio in my area sucks. almost all the stations are crap and they constantly have commercials, so it's more like we're listening to a commercial station instead of a music station.
vannielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #290
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

even NPR??? best station ever!