Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #271
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Yeah because, the absolute last thing anyone wants to see is Frankie in an orange jumpsuit, with a brush cut and tattoos all over her body spending her days lifting weights and making license plates.

It's not worth it just because ONE imaginary friend out of a house of hundreds was being a jerk for a few hours.
AAAAAAAAUGH!I would never want to see that! But wasn't goofball a jerk for a whole day?!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #272
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
AAAAAAAAUGH!I would never want to see that! But wasn't goofball a jerk for a whole day?!
ONly Frankie and Frankie Fans think GoofBall was a jerk for the Day.

As far as I can see watching the episode nobody else was upset with Goofball. And it was not becasue Goofball tried to hide his personallity from the others, it was because no one else saw any harm in his behavour.

Goofball going to Jail, That is just obserd. Yes he did move the bus, and did some other mischivouse things, However his behavour was that of a cartooned teenager and thus was appropiate for the episode. Does anyone really think the Police would take a 15ish year old boy into custody for those kind of pranks. Personally I do not think that would happen, (Unless it was juvinal delinkwent teenager or in a exclusive neighborhood) and in the glimps of goofball John Mcgee's life that we saw he was only mischivouse not a derelict.

wow is my spelling really bad today.
Monty
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #273
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Taranchula is right--but in that case, I think what Goofball did to Frankie is(or SHOULD be) jail-time worthy.
...if that were true, then why aren't local jails full of delinquint youths who do that to their mothers/sisters? He didn't do her any bodily harm, he didn't assault her in any way, he didn't do anything worthy of jail time. What did he do exactly? Make a mess of the arcade, take advantage of the hospitality of Fosters, act like a little idiot most of the time and other assorted things. If that's worthy of jail time, then man.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #274
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

me and R. Lee Ermey will bust Frankie out of jail.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #275
Voxxyn
Banned

I don't hate Goofball solely because he did mischievous things, but because of the viciously cruel effect it had on Frankie. He DID assault her in a way: he simultaneously caused her severe physical exhaustion from working too hard all day and having to clean an entire mansion 'top-to-bottom', humiliated her in public by exposing her Goof-Goof routine(which might've been her fault, but it was basically the only chance she had by then), and hurt her emotionally via missing the concert despite all the excessive amount of work she did.

It was not "some random mischievous events", it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #276
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

No matter how much you exaggerate what happened, it's still silly to want to throw him in jail.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #277
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I don't hate Goofball solely because he did mischievous things, but because of the viciously cruel effect it had on Frankie. He DID assault her in a way: he simultaneously caused her severe physical exhaustion from working too hard all day and having to clean an entire mansion 'top-to-bottom', humiliated her in public by exposing her Goof-Goof routine(which might've been her fault, but it was basically the only chance she had by then), and hurt her emotionally via missing the concert despite all the excessive amount of work she did.

It was not "some random mischievous events", it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.
I think you are INsulting Frankie in your last post Voxxyn, Frankie is not a Little helpless winp, that is so easily hurt and emotionaly distressed. if she was then we would all feel bad for her, but she would also not have all the fans that she has. Frankie is Strong Spirited, independent, and Hardy enough to take all the abuse she recieved. She is not devistated by missing a concert, I am sure like everyone else she has missed more than one consert in her life. Frankie is not a Premadona, nor is she ragdoll. So if you Hate Goofball for the reasons you describe in your last post, it would seem by induction to also have a very low view of what Frankie is capable of handling.

Maybe your Hatred should be directed to the Episode writer, creator, and Staff. (at least if your hatred for goofball is that strong then it should also be directed at the once that enabled, and created him to do what he did.)

well for that matter, maybe one should be Angery with CN for reshowing the episode so much.

Either way, according to the poll of this thread, It looks statistically dead even on bell curve of Goofball/episode Haters and Lovers. Since the poll was started it has always remained very even.

So I would say overall: Franky Fans Get a Hold of yourselves. Frankie is a Strong Character that can easily withstand the trials of Goofball, thus you can dislike goofball but Stop Making Frankie look like a delicate flower, becase remember in her own words "but I'm Punk rock." (from setting a president after bloo called her a poser on the speaker)

monty

ps: Mods feel free to edit or delete if this is out of line.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #278
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It's not out of line, don't worry about it. For me, the point is not whether or not she can take it; like you I thing she's a strong, capable woman, and I have no doubt that she recovered from Goofball's antics faster than her fans did. No, for me the point is simply that she suffered. She was hurt by the events, and I want Goofball to suffer for it. I don't like seeing Frankie in pain, and my heart cries for her because I care about her so much, and my soul screams for vengeance because Goofball must be held accountable for hurting her.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #279
Voxxyn
Banned

I am not devaluing Frankie as a character, nor do I view her as a delicate flower or ever want her to become one. Her strong and indepedent nature is a key trait as to why I love her. Her personality--a tough, durable, no-nonsense, heart-on-sleve, wildly emotional and ill-tempered young woman who is also very compassionate, caring and loving--is wonderful. She's strong without being a snotty feminist stereotype, kind without being sickly saccharine, and incredibly hot without the 'too good for you' attitude. She's a rare gem in a sea of tired cliches and unlikeable female fictional character stereotypes.

When thinking of Goofball's actions and the episode in which they took place, I measure the severity of Frankie's ordeal in relation to how deeply sympathetic she is and how much she does for the house and the IFs. The moment I do that, my mood sours instantly. I already know she's a strong person. Sometimes I tell myself "Well, at least she's built strong enough to put up with that stuff, right?" to try and ease myself. It works for a while... but at the end of the day, I end up thinking about how good of a person Frankie is and how much it hurt to see her(of ALL people) to go through that experience.

I don't feel outright anger towards any of the Foster's crew, but neither can I say that I'm 100% cool with the fact that they were the ones responsible. I'm disappointed with how Craig Lewis(and anybody who might've helped uncredited) wrote the episode, and with how Craig McCracken and the rest of the crew agreed to it without consideration of it's potential of hurting Frankie fans. And to this day, it still upsets me that Lauren Faust dismissed everybody who disliked/hated the episode as "wanting the characters to hold hands and be 100% happy"(WHICH I DO NOT).

With that said, I'd like to announce that this will be my final post on Goofball's thread for the rest of the year. With Christmas nearing, I'd like to focus on the positive for a while; i.e, think about Frankie's many great moments and scenes, and not this unfortunate mistake of an episode.

P.S. 'I'm punk rock' is from Everybody Knows It's Bendy, not Setting A President.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #280
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn
I don't feel outright anger towards any of the Foster's crew, but neither can I say that I'm 100% cool with the fact that they were the ones responsible. I'm disappointed with how Craig Lewis(and anybody who might've helped uncredited) wrote the episode, and with how Craig McCracken and the rest of the crew agreed to it without consideration of it's potential of hurting Frankie fans. And to this day, it still upsets me that Lauren Faust dismissed everybody who disliked/hated the episode as "wanting the characters to hold hands and be 100% happy"(WHICH I DO NOT).
You're missing the fact that many episodes which we usually don't find to be hurtful towards a certain character/s, do in fact contain the potential to be hurtful to the fans of those characters in the things that happen to those characters. I think they didn't really put any consideration into the thought due to the fact that they believed (and I think rightfully so) that people would see it all in good fun. While it doesn't seem this way to you because of your fixation on the character, I find it hard to believe that they had ever intended for this episode to be hurtful to Frankie fans, and I find it overwhelming that people are unable to take a joke. While I found this episode to be unfair to Frankie, my dislike in it wasn't due primarily to the fact that Frankie was mistreated (almost every character in the entire series has been mistreated in some way, many times repeatedly and not just Frankie), but because I found the episode to be technically and structurally inferior to previous ones and my dislike of Goofball. On the flip side, while I found "I Only Have Surprise for You" hurtful and mistreatful to Mac, I also found it hilarious in a lot of ways, the only part I truly disliked being the very last bit.

No offense, but I have to admit that the hostility over this episode towards the crew bothers me in several ways, as I find it to be a mixing of priorities, that is being angry at real people over the treatment of a cartoon character. But that's a whole other debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech
So I would say overall: Franky Fans Get a Hold of yourselves. Frankie is a Strong Character that can easily withstand the trials of Goofball, thus you can dislike goofball but Stop Making Frankie look like a delicate flower, becase remember in her own words "but I'm Punk rock." (from setting a president after bloo called her a poser on the speaker)
No offense, montitech, but I basically said the same "get ahold of yourselves" thing quite a ways back, around page 7 or 8 I believe (though I did so in a much less necessary, long winded, -esque way), and I doubt the real claim I made was truly heard. Though, I have to admit, I think you're getting the wrong impression from what fans like Voxxyn and Cassini are trying to express, as they've already said. To them, it's more like the honor of their lady has been tarnished, and they feel the need to redeem her.

Not that the amount of empathy they have for the character is necessarily a bad thing, of course, but I myself feel they go a bit far in their devotion and that may cause it to seem strange to others. However, we really don't have the right to judge them based on that, as we each have our own favorite character, in this fandom or another, that we probably hold as much esteem for and would defend as hard as they defend Frankie. So, really, to fault them for their devotion would be a form of hypocrisy, at least in my own opinion (not to say you do this; just to express my own opinion on the matter, as it's been bugging me and I had to get it off my chest).

So while I think you were saying the correct thing in telling them to get a bit of a grip, I think you were slightly misguided in how you felt they viewed Frankie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125
No, for me the point is simply that she suffered. She was hurt by the events, and I want Goofball to suffer for it. I don't like seeing Frankie in pain, and my heart cries for her because I care about her so much, and my soul screams for vengeance because Goofball must be held accountable for hurting her.
Which would be a natural reaction for a fan. However, let's think about this a bit rationally; seeing as how we'll almost certainly never see the character again, is he really deserving of this kind of attention? While he hurt Frankie, I would wager there are people who hurt Frankie even more in her life (and, personally as an example, I'd think the emotional blow Dylan's true motives in "Frankie, My Dear" would have stung more than the aftermath of Goofball), and is he even a worthy memory in Frankie's book? I would wager not.