Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #251
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday and was amazed at how good it was. I absolutely love this movie and have come to love Wilt even more from the movie as well. Wilt is such an amazing friend and wonderful person and one that I'd like to become more like over my life. Anyway definate A+++++. Can only hope the finale movie will be just as good, and I have faith that it will be.

I did miss the first three minutes of GWH could someone fill me in on Coco's creator's?
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #252
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg210 View Post
I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday and was amazed at how good it was. I absolutely love this movie and have come to love Wilt even more from the movie as well. Wilt is such an amazing friend and wonderful person and one that I'd like to become more like over my life. Anyway definate A+++++. Can only hope the finale movie will be just as good, and I have faith that it will be.

I did miss the first three minutes of GWH could someone fill me in on Coco's creator's?
We still do not know any more about Coco's creator, other than what Craig revealed on his blog-that Coco's creator was a little girl whose family's plane crash-landed on a deserted Pacific island, and she created Coco apparently after being the only survivor, and Coco's various parts were imagined based on things the child saw in her daily existence. Coco was discovered by the two geeks, "Douglas" and "Adam", who were biologists, apparently, and were researching tropical birds(or mosquitoes, lol) when they found Coco, but Coco was alone-no other humans on the island at that time, so we can assume that her creator was either rescued, and left her Imaginary Friend behind, or died. Douglas and Adam brought Coco back to civilization to study her, then apparently left her at Foster's after awhile.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 AM   #253
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

I see that makes sense. Thanks for filling me in.

I love at the end where Coco is preening one of the geeks hair like a mom.

Anyway thanks again, I missed that part.
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #254
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
There's definitely a LOT of room to expand more on Wilt's past; we do not even know, for example, when or where he finally got medical treatment, or where or how, or whom with, he spent those eight "Lost Years" between his injuries and arriving at Foster's, or what efforts Jordan made to find him or how he coped with the loss of someone who had become a family member. That's one of the things I'd love to see-a DVD released, to the general public(as opposed to special give-aways to the folks who screened the movie), that includes more footage and goes into a bit more detail, and comes complete with an in-depth interview/commentary by the star himself, as well as other key players in the movie.

pitbulllady
I'm all up for expanding on Wilt's past. As you've mentioned over yonder in the Wilt thread, he probably had to get medical attention pretty quickly, before his injuries or the offshoot problems (infection, illness caused by infections, etc.) killed him. As to those eight lost years, I have two theories:

1.) He'd probably have hung around Charleston, or relatively close to Charleston-- if he was still in his old neighborhood, Jordan would have found him eventually-- for a while, since it's highly unlikely that it would have taken him EIGHT YEARS to get from South Carolina to Washington state. Circumstances put aside, he managed to get to Charleston from Foster's in a few days, a week tops. (I lost track of the time frame when I was watching-- again, too swept up in plot and characters!)

2.) He wandered for a while, just barely eking out a living, until SOMETHING finally forced him to settle down at Foster's. I'm fully aware that this contradicts Theory #1, but both a plasuible explanations.

Jordan's side of the story would be very interesting to explore, especially from the retrospect-30-someodd years later vantage point. Which brings me to... I would LOVE to see GWH on DVD. An very in-depth, non-Barbara Walters type interveiw with Wilt-- or one with Wilt and Jordan-- would be wonderful, as would a commentary on the film by Wilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Seriously, a commentary with at least Wilt would be cool, but as far as we know, it probably won't happen. The commentary will be, at least, forever attached to all Wilt fans as imagination...However, not just a Wilt commentary, but maybe another one with Wilt and some other characters too...Deleted scenes (What movie wouldn't have THOSE?)...Egad! It's so exciting, I nearly forgot it doesn't exist, and probably won't...

We can dream, though...
Think positive, AG1-- if demand is strong enough, a supply will be met. And given the amount of fans, it could very well happen. A whole cast comentary could be a ton of fun... So yeah.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #255
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer
Thumbs up

Well, this does seem pretty redundant, but I finally caught "Good With Hunting" for the first time yesterday. I'll keep this short and to the point, because I'm sure many things have already been said about it. Wonderful story, some absolute genius running gags, and some genuinely heart-warming moments, and I can tell you, this movie had me rooting for Wilt the whole time. In other words, it suceeded on every level. A classic.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #256
DaBomb
Newly Abandoned

Well now that GOOD WILY HUNTING. Is over I must say that it WAS great that it came on but..Nomore :'[

Only you can save the rain forest.
DaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #257
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb View Post
Well now that GOOD WILY HUNTING. Is over I must say that it WAS great that it came on but..Nomore :'[

"GOOD WILY HUNTING??? When did THAT air?
And what exactly do you mean by "Nomore"? That it isn't good anymore, or that you're trying to dictate to the rest of us that we cannot discuss Good Wilt Hunting, assuming that's what you meant?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #258
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Oh come on, Good Wily Hunting was a classic...

Anyhow, I think that all DaBomb was trying to convey in that statement is that they're sorry that the episode in question no longer airs so much where they are, or that the show in general has ceased production. Dictate how we should behave? Nah, can't say I see that.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-13-2009 at 08:03 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #259
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Please don't make fun of people for not typing well. :/ That's not cool.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #260
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Please don't make fun of people for not typing well. :/ That's not cool.
Oh sorry, I wasn't making fun of DaBomb - it certainly wasn't my intention anyway.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote