Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #251
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna join in on the action! I unfortunately have no real pictures of myself on my compuer, but I could give you a picture of a sim of myself....

It's from the first Sims, the only one that works on my computer, is that okay?
That will be fine, sure. I'll need the info I mentioned back in post #222 as well, of course. You too, AG1, if you're still interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
My vote is that we should all live together. Just to see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I must agree, that'd be fun! I hope everyone gets along ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
The Never Forgotten house idea seems awesome
It also has the advantage of me having to furnish and decorate only one lot instead of several. I'm assuming no one has too much preference for any particular style of architecture so I'll just go ahead and pick one based on size and utility.

Quote:
If I ever get around to packaging my self-sim I'll be sure to send along Kiwi.
I'll be looking for a "Bird doesn't eat seven thousand dollars worth of bird food nineteen times a day" hack.

Okay, I'm going to go run a few errands and have lunch, then I'l fire up Body Shop and see what happens.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #252
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Oh man. This looks so cool! Can I be in it too?

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #253
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I would love to be involved, though for some incomprehensible reason I think I'd find it a bit squeamish seeing a Sim version of myself in action. Just make me a pet or something, if that's possible.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #254
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'll be looking for a "Bird doesn't eat seven thousand dollars worth of bird food nineteen times a day" hack.
Lol, I love that hack. I've been searching for it online and can't find it, I could just send you my copy. It keeps the cage permanently clean and stocked with food.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #255
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxClaire View Post
Oh man. This looks so cool! Can I be in it too?
Sure! See posts #246 and #222 for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I would love to be involved, though for some incomprehensible reason I think I'd find it a bit squeamish seeing a Sim version of myself in action. Just make me a pet or something, if that's possible.
You get used to it. When Fomalhaut made a Sim of me in her game it was a little unnerving at first but not overly so. If you change your mind let me know.

Quote:
Lol, I love that hack. I've been searching for it online and can't find it, I could just send you my copy. It keeps the cage permanently clean and stocked with food.
The dirty cage I'm fine with; after all, cleaning it builds Cleaning skill. I buy them aquariums for the same reason. I never did get one for Foster's though, probably because I wasn't sure where to put it. Too much furniture in there already.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #256
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

I'm still a bit of a n00b here but could a Sim of me be in the game? It sounds like fun. XP (A Never Forgotten house would be neat, too!)
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #257
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

We were all n00bs once. Yeah, if you want to join in, you're more than welcome; please see posts #246 and #222 for instructions.

Just so everyone knows, this will take a little time to set up. Hopefully I'll have a few Sims ready before too much longer, then I can get to work on a storyline or two. Remember also that I'm not an artist so when I have the prototypes ready I'll definitely be wanting feedback on what needs to be changed. Don't worry about damaging my ego; I'm not Bloo, I won't whine about being misunderstood.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-06-2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Added links.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #258
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Talking Ta-da!

Meet six of the residents of the Northwest side of Foster's Valley:

From left to right: xxxClaire, Linestra, Sparky, Lynnie, x_dummkoff_x, and Imaginary Light.

A few notes:

The game does not allow teens to be installed without a parent. There are two ways around this; one can install them as adults and use a game hack to turn them back into teens, or one can use any adults present as parents and use another game hack to sever the relationships after installation. When I installed the Foster's cast I went with the former; five IF's went in as adults and were reverted to either teens or children. As it turns out, the game had some fun at my expense with that; it changed everyone's outfits, and it was a time-consuming pain in the tuckus to redress everyone the way they were supposed to be dressed. So for the Forum Sims here, I went with the latter approach. Congratulations to Sparky and Lynnie; you each have two teenage daughters. Yes, it's only temporary, you will all be unrelated again after I find y'all a six-bedroom house. In the meantime, I'll let you speculate on who got custody of who.

Personalities still require a little tweaking, and interests have not been set, but that will take no significant effort. I have no idea what everyone's Lifetime Wants are at this point, as they aren't created until a Sim is actually moved in. When I know I'll inform y'all; like everything else they can be changed if requested, no problem.

If there is anything you'd like your Sim to be doing or avoiding or any goals you want her to work on, by all means let me know, either here or via PM. Also, please remember that Sims do have a measure of free will, they can be very stubborn sometimes, and I generally let them make their own decisions, therefore management is not responsible when they do something spectacularly embarrassing before I can stop them. I'll use my discretion when posting, of course.

The Valley isn't full, by the way, so if anyone else wants to get in on the fun, by all means let me know; it's a standing offer with no expiration date and as I said before, open to all.

Finally, you may have noted that the six Forum Sims seen here are all female; this was true in the earlier game, too. No guys ever send me a PM saying "I want in! Here's my pic and stats!" Lots of ways to interpret or misinterpret that fact; I'll leave it to your imaginations to play with.

Excuse me while I now go house-hunting.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-20-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #259
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Oooh, how exciting is this? I can't wait to see the adventures that ensue
Old 12-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #260
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I love SimSparky's pants, lol.