Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #221
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah...but she gave instructions on how to find it. (And I couldn't resist adding that I had heard the name elsewhere in the series too, though again I forget which ep). We ought to treat it as a "big deal" though, since Lauren basically asked us to.

THANK GOODNESS we have less than a week to contain this powderkeg. I'm exhausted already.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #222
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
THANK GOODNESS we have less than a week to contain this powderkeg. I'm exhausted already.
And then comes the real fun, when the episode gets analyzed and creatively misinterpreted. December promises to be a busy month.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-15-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Never too late to remove a spelling error,
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #223
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
I think you misunderstand me, I was actually supporting her, saying that it was no big deal she pointed that out, since she didn't even say what the actual name was.
I could be wrong, of course, but that's just how I feel on it.
But yes, I agree, nothing else should be said on it until after it airs. This seems to be getting out of hand at times! LOL We are all crazed fans, after all...
I didn't say what the name was, and it would have no significance except for certain people. There's enough emphasis put on it in the trailer, though, that most people can catch it. Geesh, I don't think that any major Hollywood blockbuster, Pixar's included, has ever generated so much pre-debut discussion and controversy as this one particular movie! I mean, yeah, Wilt's WAY better looking than Brad Pitt and never made an utter fool of himself by jumping up and down on Oprah's couch on television, but still, this is getting too intense even for me!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #224
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I didn't say what the name was, and it would have no significance except for certain people. There's enough emphasis put on it in the trailer, though, that most people can catch it. Geesh, I don't think that any major Hollywood blockbuster, Pixar's included, has ever generated so much pre-debut discussion and controversy as this one particular movie! I mean, yeah, Wilt's WAY better looking than Brad Pitt and never made an utter fool of himself by jumping up and down on Oprah's couch on television, but still, this is getting too intense even for me!

pitbulllady
LOL That image of Brad Pitt jumping up and down on a couch made me laugh. XD

Yeah it is getting intense, which is why I'll say again they made note of this movie WAY too early, giving us too many months to wonder about it. I would have preferred hearing of it maybe one month in advance at most. But it was more like six, if I recall correctly...

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:19 PM   #225
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

It may have been even longer; it certainly seems that way sometimes.

The latest issue of TV Guide had this to say about the movie:

Good Wilt Hunting (CC) NEW

That's all. It was in the grid section for the 10:00 pm showing on Friday. By the stars, that magazine has become virtually useless in the last few years.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-15-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Removed typo.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 PM   #226
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
LOL That image of Brad Pitt jumping up and down on a couch made me laugh. XD

Yeah it is getting intense, which is why I'll say again they made note of this movie WAY too early, giving us too many months to wonder about it. I would have preferred hearing of it maybe one month in advance at most. But it was more like six, if I recall correctly...
Actually, it was Tom Cruise who jumped up and down on Oprah's couch, for REAL.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #227
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

"Yo! Hold up! Time out! TIME OUT! Y'all take a chill! You need to cool that s*** out! And that's the double truth, Ruth!"
--Mister Senor Love Daddy, "Do the Right Thing"

Come on you guys. I know you all are uber-excited for this movie (I know I am), but there is no need for any hostililty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Geesh, I don't think that any major Hollywood blockbuster, Pixar's included, has ever generated so much pre-debut discussion and controversy as this one particular movie!
You haven't seen or been in many pre-release discussions, have you?
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #228
Voxxyn
Banned

I'm sure PBL is deliberately exaggerating with that remark, just to show how excited she truly is.

But I have to say this: I'm amazed that a thread for the commercials and preview alone has generated TWO HUNDRED PLUS messages. It makes me wonder how many posts the actual movie will get...
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 PM   #229
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
But I have to say this: I'm amazed that a thread for the commercials and preview alone has generated TWO HUNDRED PLUS messages. It makes me wonder how many posts the actual movie will get...
I don't know, but one thing is for sure: No matter what the outcome, be prepared for a lot of...well, let's just say the term 'complaining' doesn't cut it for a movie such as this.
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:40 AM   #230
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I'm just hoping that I'm not the only Moderator online that evening.