Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #221
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

If "Crime" refers to a character's inclination to be involved in criminal activities, then it should go without saying that it should be close to the top on Bendy and Berry's lists of interests.

Coco presumably has a low interest in travel, given her reluctance to fly in "Foster's Goes to Europe", a reasonably high interest in health (she's fairly conscious about her daily fibre intake, as demonstrated in "Dinner is Swerved"), and, given her mysterious origins and tendency to be on a significantly different wavelength to the other characters, I'd personally find it fitting for her to have some kind of interest in the paranormal. Culture's a tough one to pin down - Mr. Herriman initially had a hard time persuading her to take an interest in etiquette in "My So-Called Wife", but she displayed all the necessary behaviours quite suddenly, and there has been evidence elsewhere to suggest that she's quite the cultivated bird-plant-airplane being (her polished artistry in "Drawing Bored" is all I can think of right now, though there's probably more). I think she'd lean significantly toward the right-hand traits in the personality options - Coco does have a grouchy side, but she only really shows it if you get on the wrong side of her.

Well, that's my feedback on covered. I'll give the other characters some more thought for you.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 11-06-2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Drawing Bored. Yes, my mistake
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #222
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

"Crime" is more or less a generalized term in the game; how you interpret it depends on your perception of the character. If Wilt had a high interest in Crime then I might consider getting him into a career in Law Enforcement at some point, while if Bendy had the same level of interest I'd think about involving him in a criminal career.

Interests are normally generated randomly by the game when a Sim is created and are difficult to change; however, I use a game hack to set them myself at the start of play so what the game chooses is irrelevant. The same hack allows me to tamper with other traits that define the characters as well. That's pretty much the point of my post the other day; I have the ability to alter all sorts of stuff in the game, and so I'd like to try to make my Foster's Sims, and the Sailor Scouts for that matter, as much like the originals as possible, and I believe that the best way to do that is to tap into the fanbase for information, opinion, and critique. Everything is open to review at this point, including the character's ages, who ought to be in the House, Aspirations, which other characters to include in the Valley, all of it, which is why I'd like to hear from as many people as possible, including those who don't normally post in this thread or even read it very often (I'd love to get Craig and Lauren's views on this but I assume they're a little busy). I listen to everyone; it's what I do. Feel free to say something, and let others know that I could use their opinions.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-06-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #223
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Just as a point of interest, if you make someone very very playful, they basically come off as insane, lol. It works for Bloo and like, the Ghostly Trio, but I had to bring the playfulness down a tad on my Self-Sim because I am NOT that crazy in public in real life...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #224
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

You mean we get a say in which minor imaginary friends appear in the house? Awesome! In that case, I cast my vote for Crackers, Red and Gary.

The only potential problem I can foresee with creating a Crackers Sim is that no one can quite agree upon the issue of “his” gender - I’ve always seen him as a male myself, but that’s just my own intuition. Perhaps if they include him in a future Gallery of Friends it’ll put an end to that debate once and for all. Until then, I’m assuming it’s not possible to make a Sim who’s completely and utterly androgynous? Or that you can alter their gender at a later point?

Either way, I see Crackers and Red as being reasonably outgoing and active, as opposed to Gary, who strikes me as being pretty timid and lethargic, and I think all that three of them would have very friendly temperaments. Gary would be mostly serious - his two cameo appearences in the series suggest that he's a pretty downcast kitty overall who's nonetheless able to put on a happy face at the drop of a hat. Crackers is also highly sensitive, but I think that he'd be largely playful when he hasn't had to face rejection. Red would be mid-way between serious and playful - he has a light-hearted attitude toward life but still takes it seriously enough to be distressed by the actions of others. He of course, should have a strong interest in animals and the environment.

Erm, well, those are just some suggestions, and probably not very useful. However you decide to play things, I wish you luck and look forward to seeing the end results.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 11-08-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #225
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Every opinion helps. I just wish I could get some more feedback here; there's an awful lot of people that I'd like to hear from who haven't said a word.

For the record, there is an upper limit of ten Sims per house; up to eight can be human and up to six can be pets. There's a hack available that allows more but I'm reluctant to use it because it's likely to slow the game down. I did add some additional RAM recently, however, so I may give it a try sometime... although it may mean moving everyone into a bigger house.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #226
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Me personally? Berry should have a crime or cooking career, and either the Romance or Family aspiration.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #227
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

As for me, my Wilt has a very high "Nice" rating, while Ed is quite shy, but pretty active (as far as I remember). I like the turn-ons and offs... when I get NIghtlife, I will probably have those ones too

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #228
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
For the record, there is an upper limit of ten Sims per house; up to eight can be human and up to six can be pets.
Pets, you say? Any chances that Bloo can have a fluffy white cat called Chuck? It gets my vote, if so.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #229
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

At this point all of the supporting cast (mostly people you've never heard of and a couple of Forum members) have been resettled. Over the weekend I'll be taking care of the Foster's characters, starting with the minor ones and finishing with the stars. I doubt you'll notice any changes other than the landscape. If there are any more suggestions, it's now or never.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #230
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Foul Larry? XDDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote