Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2006, 04:49 AM   #211
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
A copy of the disk, identical to the ones CG and I bought, just popped up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOSTERS-HOME-FOR...QQcmdZViewItem

This one doesn't appear to include the poster or Bloo plush, so it may end up being less expensive than the earlier disks.
Which reminds me: It's Christmas and I opened my presents and I haven't gotten the "Good Wilt Hunting" Poster! Oh, well. Merry Christmas everybody!

And wait a minute! HOW did you get a DVD of GWH?!

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #212
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
Which reminds me: It's Christmas and I opened my presents and I haven't gotten the "Good Wilt Hunting" Poster! Oh, well. Merry Christmas everybody!
Did you put it on your list? Maybe the 'rents had trouble finding it.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #213
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Did you put it on your list? Maybe the 'rents had trouble finding it.
Yeah, I did.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #214
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Just thought of something-remember back when we've had a couple of conversations about how misleading some of the CN synopses for episodes are? "Emancipation Complication" comes readily to mind, but anyway, the CN synopsis for GWH says that Wilt sets off on a cross-country trek to find his creator, and that the group from Foster's who are trying to find him are hampered by his "overly good nature" and Bloo's "outlandish theories". All of that turned out to be false! While Bloo DID have some pretty wild theories as to who CREATED Wilt, no one paid him much attention, let alone allowed his ideas to sidetrack them, and Wilt's helpfulness to others proved more useful in helping them get closer to him, always just missing him. The biggest error, though, was that Wilt was NOT trying to reunite with or find his creator at all. Wilt KNEW all along who his creator was, and to find WHERE he was, all he had to do was read the NBA game schedule, since a famous sports celebrity is pretty easy to track down, even in the off-season(and I assume it WAS off-season, for Jordan to be filming a commercial in Japan). He could have also contacted Jordan's publicist, which is how Mac found out where Jordan was at the time, by going to his website. Wilt had no intentions of reuniting with Jordan, whom he assumed hated him and never wanted to see him again, but of resolving his own guilt over losing once and for all, even though he knew that doing this probably meant losing his life. He knew that Larry was either gonna kill him to stop him from winning, or kill him if he DID win, but either way, the last thing he ever expected was to be reunited with Jordan.

Still though, I have to wonder this: Jordan's dream, as a child, was to become a great basketball player, right? How could Wilt NOT see that this dream HAD, in fact, come true? Therefore, you have to wonder how and WHY he still blamed himself for destroying that dream.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #215
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Still though, I have to wonder this: Jordan's dream, as a child, was to become a great basketball player, right? How could Wilt NOT see that this dream HAD, in fact, come true? Therefore, you have to wonder how and WHY he still blamed himself for destroying that dream.

pitbulllady
It was considered the most important game in Jordan's life, and losing, for Wilt, would be like, crushing everything Jordan and he had been working on. To Wilt, he had really "let down" his creator, who "counted on him" for that game.

But, as we all know, Jordan's dream did come true, but not in the way that "winning is everything" kind of ordeal. Wilt probably does see that the dream HAD come true, but like his past, hid it from us.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #216
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend

Something has occured to me. Have you notice that all through the movie, Wilt doesn't cry one bit? Not even a tear? He's been away from his creator for 30 years, not knowing that his creator is looking for him and he now realizes the truth and he *still* didn't cry?! Man, he's tough!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #217
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
Something has occured to me. Have you notice that all through the movie, Wilt doesn't cry one bit? Not even a tear? He's been away from his creator for 30 years, not knowing that his creator is looking for him and he now realizes the truth and he *still* didn't cry?! Man, he's tough!

Wilt's toughness is nothing short of phenomenal, and it's one of the aspects of his personality that I've commented on many times. Superficially, I guess Wilt gives the impression of being a softie, a push-over. I've even seen some viewers on other boards use the term "spineless" to describe him. Nothing could be further from the truth. That's why I have compared him to a Pit Bull Terrier on more than one occasion; Wilt isn't just tough, he's game. Look at how many times he got hurt, once very badly, in that movie, and never once did he cry out, let alone scream, in spite of what had to be overwhelming physical pain for most people. It's clear that Wilt IS capable of feeling pain, since his face registers it, but he remains silent. He gets back up time and time again, in spite of the abuse he's taking from Larry. Even more indicative of Wilt's strength and resolve than his high pain threshold is his determination to face his enemy and prove to HIMSELF, once and for all, that he's no loser; Wilt knew even as he left Foster's that he would most likely be traveling to his ultimate demise, that Larry would either kill him to keep him from winning, using that body-into-wall slam, or Larry would kill him afterwards in anger if Wilt won. Yet even that threat of imminent doom did not deter him from making that journey, nor did it stop him from going to block Larry's slam-dunk, even though he knew how it was going to end. Wilt had no fear of Larry, someone who'd maimed him for life 30 years earlier and was many times his size.

At the same time, though, Wilt's abilty and tendency to hold back on his emotions is a tad troubling. I know that in our society it's considered manly for a guy not to cry, and a sign of weakness if he does, but Wilt does kinda take that to the extreme! I mean, being reunited with a family member you haven't seen for 30 years, who you thought hated you, and finding out that this person not only forgave you, but still loved you and considered you his hero, and the closest you get to breaking down in tears of absolute joy is a little quiver of the mouth and a twitch to the eyelid-now, that IS tough! Maybe he finally let go later on, on the plane ride home, once the reality finally sank in, since he doesn't strike me as being the cold, emotionless, "Mr. Spock" sort, but he's sure got that "never let 'em see you cry" thing down to an art form!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #218
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

The movie is very awesome. I like Wilt's creator, Jordan Michaels, he is very cool and a good basketball player. Wilt did help Jordan fulfill his dream after all. This episode is a lot better then "When There's A Wilt, There's A Way". Wilt has always been a lot of help to everyone around him. It's cool to see Stats and Foul Larry. There are a lot of things I like about this movie: The reunion, the search for Wilt, Frankie's road rage, Wilt's past, Jackie Khones and his creator(likely Khaki Jones), and Wilt being reunited with Jordan.

I gave this movie an A.
Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 AM   #219
YuckieDuck
At Home

I saw a different credit sequence on CN Nordic today! They showed only "Part One". The credits had Wilt riding the lawnmower and it kept changing from day to night. I guess they'll show the familiar credit sequence for "Part Two".
YuckieDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #220
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckieDuck View Post
I saw a different credit sequence on CN Nordic today! They showed only "Part One". The credits had Wilt riding the lawnmower and it kept changing from day to night. I guess they'll show the familiar credit sequence for "Part Two".
Huh! That's interesting, thanks for telling us!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote