Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #211
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

We jammed again tonite. This is the second time we got together. I do not expect things to come from it. The music again sounded like doo-doo (except the some of the blues numbers I introduced), but it did not matter because again, these are friends I rarily get to hang around.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #212
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

As I noted elsewhere, I had an appointment with my accountant today. Three items of concern were on my agenda, specifically moving and replacing my furniture, acquiring a more powerful computer, and attending Comic-Con 2009. Happily, he told me that I can do all three. Kind of what I expected, really, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #213
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Barack Obama becoming president.

I know that probably sounds pretty lame and uninspiring since everyone else has put something more specific and personal. I'm not one for politics or anything political either but this to me was a truly special event that I am quite pleased to see everyone making a pretty damn big deal about it. I think this is an amazing step for American culture electing Barack to the white house.

I think he seems like a genuine, honest, and extremely passionate man who can really do some good and I have never been so happy and so hopeful for the future of our country as I have right now with Obama as president.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #214
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Yes it was a happy day. We may be drinking in the last chance saloon but after today it seems easier to imagine that we really are all in this together and it'll all work out alright. Your man gave a good speech there which Churchill or Kennedy would have been proud of. He actually seems honest and sincere and has a nice family too.

Looking foward to meeting the Presidential Puppy. Does he/ she get a parade too?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #215
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I concur with the above post - Godspeed to our new President!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #216
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

We had a SNOW DAY! No school due to snow, yah! Gotta make it up later, NOT so "yah", though. But, it was pretty while it was coming down, and it gave me all day to set up my new computer and move files from my old one, which was on its last legs. I'll post some pics maybe later, although some of you might be sick of this stuff by now. It's the first measurable snowfall we've had in this part of SC, though, in ten years. We get ice, yeah, but not snow, not enough to actually see on the ground. Unfortunately, most of it's already melted, which is going to prove problematic tomorrow morning when I leave for work at 6 am, when the temps are supposed to be around 19 degrees F., and there's going to be a lot of "black ice" on the roads, especially out here in the country, where they don't bother with salting the highways.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #217
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'll post some pics maybe later, although some of you might be sick of this stuff by now.
Not me.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #218
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Barack Obama becoming president.

I know that probably sounds pretty lame and uninspiring since everyone else has put something more specific and personal. I'm not one for politics or anything political either but this to me was a truly special event that I am quite pleased to see everyone making a pretty damn big deal about it. I think this is an amazing step for American culture electing Barack to the white house.

I think he seems like a genuine, honest, and extremely passionate man who can really do some good and I have never been so happy and so hopeful for the future of our country as I have right now with Obama as president.
I wish him well, too. I have to be truthful by saying that I'm not nearly as optimistic, though. I am an Independent, and it remains to be see what will happen. No doubt that 2008 was historical, and it's a big step for the country. Now, I want to see what can be done. I'm afraid I can't say much more, then I'd be causing some fireworks. It's not a subject that everyone's comfortable with.

Cass: Whooooo!! That's great news.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #219
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Cass: Whooooo!! That's great news.
I hate to tell you this but my Con plans are still on hold. Money isn't the problem. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #220
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I hate to tell you this but my Con plans are still on hold. Money isn't the problem. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
No problem. At least, you're a step closer...even if it's a small one.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote