Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #211
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I've seen the 2nd third of "The Big Cheese" on youtube, but I want to wait and see the whole thing on the T.V. But that episode only makes me love Frankie's voice even more.
I wonder what Grey Delisle would think of us guy's swooning over a cartoon character? I know that I need to get out more. But Frankie is too great to pass up!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #212
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I've seen the 2nd third of "The Big Cheese" on youtube, but I want to wait and see the whole thing on the T.V. But that episode only makes me love Frankie's voice even more.
I wonder what Grey Delisle would think of us guy's swooning over a cartoon character? I know that I need to get out more. But Frankie is too great to pass up!

Grey's a professional, I am sure she's used to it.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #213
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

borrowed a CD today. Grey DeLisle sings one of the songs on it.
Just thought that was worth mentioning.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #214
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think Grey would laugh and in some odd way, be flattered that so many people have been drawn to their characters. I mean guys like Tom Kenny and Phil LaMarr are probably used to having people support them because there "bigger" stars then Frankie is.

And I think the fact that Frankie is one of the middle kinda characters, she might find it flattering that so many people have taken aliking to a character that was never made to be the star. I know I would appreciate it. It makes you feel good, makes you feel better knowing people support even the minor roles.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #215
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well, most of teh charcters in fosters are well done. I'd imagine she'd be flattered, though.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #216
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I wonder if Frankie is Grey's favorite role she's had? She just seem's to pute some extra dash of magic into Frankie unlike other characters.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #217
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Well, she certainly has talent what with the insanely bizarre range differences between Mandy from Billy and Mandy and Frankie here at Foster's. That's always a good sign that someone has skill if you can play 2 different characters with an unrecognizeable voice.

Some voice actors can't change their voice, and end up sounding the same for alot of their characters. Hank Azaria for Simpsons for example is INCREDIBLY talented being able to do Moe, Wiggum, Apu and all those interesting sounding characters.

I also like Frankie's screams, that's a good trick to have up your sleeve too, not everyone can yell and make it sound so convincing and at the same time so funny.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #218
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Well yes, many actors are very skilled because they can use so many differant voices. But one's who don't have the quantity make up for it with quality. Cam Clark is a great example. Even when he uses a differant voice, you KNOW it's him. But his voice acting is fantastic! His role of Kratos in Tales of Symphonia is still my favorite performance he's done. Just ahead of the Tick's Deflator-mouse and the Ninja Turtle's Leonardo in the original 80's cartoon.
But my all time favorite voice actor is the great Scott Mcneill! The man has the quality AND the quantity. But his voice is so cool on it's own, he dosen't even need to try. You may remember him as BeastWars' Dinobot, Rattrap, Waspinator and Silverbolt, Inuyasha'a Koga, and Gundam Wing's Duo Maxwell.
Grey Delisle never fails to impress me, though. She was fantastic as Berry, and we all love her as Frankie. And for the longest time, I thought Terra Strong did the voice of Mandy! Grey is certainly a gem.

Last edited by Medikor; 09-16-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #219
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
But my all time favorite voice actor is the great Scott Mcneill! The man has the quality AND the quantity. But his voice is so cool on it's own, he dosen't even need to try. You may remember him as BeastWars' Dinobot, Rattrap, Waspinator and Silverbolt, Inuyasha'a Koga, and Gundam And for the longest time, I thought Terra Strong did the voice of Mandy! Grey is certainly a gem.
I actually met Scott McNeil at Anime Central 2004 I believe, he was SUCH a cool guy! Loads of fun to hang out with and talk to, and I even got him to autopgraph my con programming book and had him scream out

"Dinobot Maximize"

It was a blast, he's also one of my fav. voice actors. Him along with Ian Cornett, Tim Curry, Ron Pearlmen, Mark Hamil, and Kevin Michael Richardson. But I think were getting off track from Frankie here .
Old 09-16-2006, 03:15 PM   #220
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

That's my fault. Sorry. Do you think they'll ever bring a new character into the show so Frankie can have a REAL romance? Like they needed another set of hands at Fosters to help out. Let's face it, ever since Bloo came along, things have become VERY hecktic. Then again... that may not work to well for the show.

Last edited by Medikor; 09-16-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Closed Thread