Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #2181
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Sorry to hear about your computer problems.

When I got my current computer (more like 'puter, amirite?) from Best Buy, they didn't install/put on any of that backup junk on it.

What type of laptop was this? Just wondering.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #2182
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Its a three year old Gateway. Windows suddenly decided it didn't want to launch anymore, so BB had to take the hard drive out to hook it up to something and run a backup off of it if I want to keep my old files. They might be able to fix it without any data loss, but it can be weeks before I get it back and can't go that long without my stuff. I have a business to run after all.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #2183
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

When you order something from a website or a seller, and then it gets canceled because its out of stock.

THEN WHY WAS IT ON THE WEBSITE? Stupid.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #2184
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Good question, I mean, with a mail catalog it's understandable because they print it and can't take things out once it's sent out. But for a website there is no excuse!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #2185
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
When you order something from a website or a seller, and then it gets canceled because its out of stock.

THEN WHY WAS IT ON THE WEBSITE? Stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Good question, I mean, with a mail catalog it's understandable because they print it and can't take things out once it's sent out. But for a website there is no excuse!
Yeah I hear you ladies on that one, right now I am looking for a new place to rent and a lot of the rental websites I look at are out of date as they'll say that a certain property will available apartments, but when I contact the landlord or property manager I get told that is fact not the case and there no availabilities at all.

Okay that's slightly different, but still it's the same kind of hassle.

And to all of you webmasters that run these sites I have one thing to say to all of you, WAKE UP!!!

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #2186
Sparky

I am so sick of seeing people making money off of my fanart while I sit here broke. -_-
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #2187
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That's reprehensible. What happened?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #2188
Sparky

Oh no this has been happening for more than 10 years. My Beetlejuice lineart has been on the web so long that people think its stock art and not even fanart. I see it on stuff everywhere, ebay and etsy etc. People copy them and post them on deviantart (at least that's not for profit). They've even been printed in magazines, along with the episode guide of the cartoon show I wrote ages ago. People think its all official and free to use. I just saw a lady selling a crochet pattern she made from one of my drawings on etsy, so OTHER people can take it and make stuff with it. -_- It just makes me sick inside. There's nothing I can do about it, since its been out there so long no one can trace where it came from.

edit: here's another one. So speaking of etsy I joined today to sell my stuff on there. My company name is "Sparky's Stitches" but that name is taken by someone who not only isn't using the account but doesn't look like they ever did. But there's nothing I can do about that. So I guess my shop will be called "NeitherSparky". Bah.

Last edited by Sparky; 10-27-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #2189
Sparky

I got my laptop back. I haven't turned it on yet but apparently they had to replace the hard drive so I lost everything that was on there. The backup Best Buy had run for me before sending it in for repairs wasn't complete (it didn't include for example my website backups) so I have lost that - but I had backed everything up in June so at least I have that. I've just lost everything I've done between June and October. Apparently when BB did the backup those files were actually not on the computer at all, so whatever killed the computer must have eaten them. Well I won't be using that laptop as my main computer anymore, anyways.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #2190
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We had a 90-minute power failure this morning; it effected the entire block. Man, life is incredibly boring without electricity.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote