Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #2121
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Geez, where are the '70's when you need them! As kids we did not have to worry about such junk kids have today. It was about Toughskins jeans, Keds sneakers, Schwinn bikes (with playing cards in the spokes), and playing REAL games OUTSIDE! I do not understand even a third of the crud kids have now.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2122
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Junk kids... Haha, I like that term.

Even as recent as back in 2007, there weren't as many of these internet spammers/haters out there. I dunno what happened, really.

Another thing that just ticked me off is photobucket. They told me my account's full, when it wasn't. I guess I'll have to use a different photo uploading site for now. :\
Old 08-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #2123
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

CN - 'nuff said!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #2124
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

^ I strongly agree with that. Especially after having read a few news reports about how many animators/creative directors pretty much got the boot after CN managed to oust most of their (new, and even in production) cartoons.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #2125
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
^ I strongly agree with that. Especially after having read a few news reports about how many animators/creative directors pretty much got the boot after CN managed to oust most of their (new, and even in production) cartoons.
You wait FHF - when the ratings go in the toilet, the execs will go (hitting their foreheads) "we coulda had a V-8!" They are like officers in the military, all booksmart and numbers, but haven't got the common sense God gave a mule!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #2126
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Reality TV hits a new low:

Quote:
In other ongoing Jackson news, a new Jackson family reality show is reportedly slated to run on the A&E cable network sometime in the next month. Before Michael Jackson's death, his brothers Jackie, Marlon, and Tito apparently shot a one-hour pilot for a reality series, which was supposed to culminate in a ratings-garnering reunion performance featuring their famous sibling. However, even though Michael obviously died before such a finale could be filmed, the idea for the show lives on. According to a story in the Hollywood Reporter, A&E is in fact moving ahead with the Jacksons' program, altering the original concept from being lightheartedly focused on a possible Jackson 5 reunion to instead chronicling the surviving Jackson brothers' post-MJ lives as they "grapple with Michael's death."

Many fans will probably find this show to be in bad taste and exploitative...but it's likely that even more fans will tune in.
Pardon me while I throw up.

The original article, complete with other music celebrity antics, can be read here:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/tha...police-action/

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-22-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added link.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #2127
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

He hasn't even been buried and they're using him to rake in more dosh? Just further proof of how reality TV corrputs people, famous or not. The Jackson family should be ashamed.

Another gripe...and this might upset you too, I'm afraid, Cass...I've had, on more than one occasion, requests on both here and on DA, for Frankie fanart, only their requests have been very questionable to say the least. I actually made good on one of these (Frankie with her head in a bubble), but that was only because I thought nothing of it at the time. That picture has since been deleted.
I don't know why people are into that sort of thing, and I certainly am not.

Last edited by BluebottleFlyer; 08-22-2009 at 04:24 PM.
BluebottleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #2128
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

For what it's worth, that whole "Frankie's head in a bubble" thing was more laughable than anything else. Kind of a head-scratcher, too. As for the rest of it, well, it's remarkable how much abuse that poor woman has been subjected to on that site and others by self-styled "artists" who SAY they're fans but in reality aren't. Kudos to you for not getting involved in that sort of sickness, and as I've said before, CN really ought to give you an office and a salary.

Actually, make that Disney or Nickelodeon; CN doesn't do cartoons anymore.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-22-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #2129
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Actually, make that Disney or Nickelodeon; CN doesn't do cartoons anymore.
Hehe, isn't that the truth. CN's been ticking me off lately. But I think everyone's aware of that by now.

It also ticks me off when I prepare a nice three course meal good enough to feed five or six people when there's only four of us (that way someone can have seconds if they want), and one person refuses to eat what I made just because my cooking is different from what they're familiar with. How shallow. So now there's even more left overs than I planned and it's likely going to just be thrown out in the next few days. Not to mention it just plain hurts my feelings a little bit that they don't want to eat what I went through all that work to cook.

If anyone's interested, I peeled, seeded, chopped up, boiled and mashed some freshly picked summer squash. And then mixed butter, maple syrup and a little salt into it, much like I grew up eating squash. I also fried up some Rice-a-roni fried rice, and cooked some vegge Swiss steaks with condensed minestrone soup acting as a gravy. It all turned out really good! Everyone else thought so too.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #2130
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
If anyone's interested, I peeled, seeded, chopped up, boiled and mashed some freshly picked summer squash. And then mixed butter, maple syrup and a little salt into it, much like I grew up eating squash. I also fried up some Rice-a-roni fried rice, and cooked some vegge Swiss steaks with condensed minestrone soup acting as a gravy. It all turned out really good! Everyone else thought so too.
Oooo, do very want. Seriously, that sounds really good.