Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #2111
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

A couple evenings ago a site I recently joined got hacked. They put some kind of executable malware on the front page which caused the site to be reported as an "attack site" so it won't come up in Firefox unless you disable security, and when I went there in IE well, my anti-virus program hopefully blocked a couple viruses. She had to go in and fix everything and change all her passwords and then notify Google so they can rescan the site and remove the block, but due to caching and other things it can be many days before people can navigate to her site normally again. WTH is with people?? -_-
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #2112
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

People with too much time on their hands, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. When there's something, there will always be people who screw it up purposefully, just for the annoyance and attention from others.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #2113
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
People with too much time on their hands, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. When there's something, there will always be people who screw it up purposefully, just for the annoyance and attention from others.
That pretty much sums up 2/3 of the country. It seems to be the thing - "mind everyone else's business but my own."
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #2114
L.G.
Melvineer

It is highly aggregating for motorists around me to reduce their speed drastically (i.e. reduce to 40 mph [64 km/h] in a 55 [89] zone) because they see a cop in the median. Ugh...you're allowed to go 55 mph in a 55 zone. Yeesh. This was when I was at Long Island a few days ago.

Also while I was visiting Long Island, my aunt and grandma needed something at a BJ's. As I was looking for a parking spot, I saw shopping carts carelessly left on the grass and on the parking spaces because people didn't want to walk an extra 500 feet (if even that) to a cart return area that wasn't overflowing.

A third item: New York City traffic on the expressways. Just horrible, especially since my newer car has a stick shift.

Last edited by L.G.; 08-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #2115
happy80schild
Newly Abandoned

How come it's the bad ideas people remember  

Send a message via Yahoo to happy80schild

this one is silly and petty.
I hate when they discontinue soda's
I loved some of MT dew's creations then they take them away and it's like arrgh I liked that darn you.

Code red Lemon Pepsi all that jazz

oh oh oh one more
I hate they ONLY HAVE EDY'S PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM DURING CHRISTMAS WHEN IT IS TOO COLD TO eat IT!!

ok that one ticks me off major and I am lactose intolerant anyway and will only suffer for that.
there's my two cents
Better condition Driving Miss Crazy
happy80schild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #2116
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Peppermint ice cream! Actually, I was at the grocery store the other day and they had Fat Boy peppermint and also egg nog ice cream sandwiches. That kinda threw me, but I think that's awesome.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #2117
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

I'm not the only one with this gripe, but I am really hacked off with the sheer amount of cruddy music that constantly clutters up the charts...every time a music channel's on, it's nothing but manufactured pop, annoying trancey dance or yet another bland R&B tune. They all sound way too similar, have the same sort of trashy videos, and if it's not a cheesy love song it's about bling and "getting it on" with as much girls/boys as possible. What amazes me more is that people actually go out and buy this trash.

And as for the endless of stream of reality TV-made pop stars...
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #2118
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Bleh, I could not agree more. I remember a time when music was a creative process, not a manufacturing process. There are a few gems out there but most of it... well, there's a reason that I don't own a radio or a stereo. The only music I listen to these days is stuff I've downloaded, most of which is from before 1990. Anything after that is likely to make my ears bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebottleFlyer View Post
And as for the endless of stream of reality TV-made pop stars...
Don't get me started.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-18-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #2119
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Oh god, the ones that sound sexual are the WORST. Even worse when people "don't see why". The LYRICS tell you. Especially on this one radio station that supposedly plays "top-rated" music (Good Times, they say). But half the time, it's pop crap, or something sexual. I'm sick of it, but there's not a thing I can do about it because the station is played on the freaking bus I ride to and from school, and everyone else likes it.

It's like humanity has run out of creativity.

Last edited by antgirl1; 08-18-2009 at 06:39 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #2120
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Just about any moron (mostly on YouTube, the grande cesspool of idiots, but elsewhere) that undertakes pretty much any of the following beliefs pisses me off:
Any cartoon not from the 1940's or 1990's sucks
All anime or manga sucks
Anyone who likes aforementioned anime sucks
Anything non United Statesian in origin sucks
Military brat people
Rich 14 year olds who blow their money on stupid crap, gloat about it, and rub it in my face
Anyone who says people who don't play runscape or WoW don't have a life (YES, these people exist)
Anyone who keeps telling me to get a life, and they don't have one of their own
Anyone who tries to act clever, and make you look like a fool, when they don't know jack dirt
Anyone who lies, and won't admit it, or can't hack up proof on what they're on about
Internet hotshots (nuff said)
And anyone who takes everything, as in everything, seriously.

Hmm, reasons should be obvious, can't say much more. Sorry. :\

Last edited by fosters home fan; 08-18-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Everything's better with smilies.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote