Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #2091
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Tis, an honor sir. *Bows*

But indeed it makes me sad to think that there are actually people posting things like "First", "Epic FAIL" or some kind of grade school level insult and they think in their own mind like they're the second coming of Jerry Seinfeld or David Letterman.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #2092
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Ah nothing like an internet comment section to attract the ignorant masses like seagulls to a discarded hamburger left on the roadside.
Agreed.

Some people's ignorance is appalling (with 2 "P's")
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #2093
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

There was a time in my "tweens" where I liked to experiment with cooking and baking. I'd follow a recipe mostly, but add little things of my own to it to see how it would turn out. I still do this, but I know how to do it now. For instance, I know what spices/herbs are savory, and which are sweet now days. I no longer add tumeric and basil to muffins.

Anyway, now days I'm a pretty good cook, if I may say so myself. My "experimenting" usually comes out really good, and everyone else thinks so too. But today I was hoping on making chocolate chip cookies, and my dad told me to please don't experiment. If I knew he was kidding, it wouldn't be a big deal, but it seems to me he's serious. Like he has dimentia or something, because he's praised my experimenting before. He told me "Don't add garlic to the cookies please, or oregano." Dad, are you serious??? I haven't done anything like that for 20 years! It's really, really irritating me that he's suddenly lost confidence in me for no reason.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #2094
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Um...I'm freaked out now, because my dad has done the EXACT same thing. He will tell me not to add garlic to desserts. I have NEVER done that, why tell me not to do it?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:07 AM   #2095
happy80schild
Newly Abandoned

How come it's the bad ideas people remember  

Send a message via Yahoo to happy80schild

it's like most Dads no matter how old you get you are still a child in their eyes especially if your a girl
Better condition Driving Miss Crazy
happy80schild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #2096
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

I didn't pick last week's paycheck up quick enough, and by the time I got to my work place to get it, it had already been mailed to my apartment. What makes it worse, is I've been on vacation for the last three weeks and staying at my parents' place an hour away from my apt. So I'd have to wait a few days for it to get through the mail, and then drive the whole hour to get it, deposit it, and drive the whole hour to get back. Ugh, I was hoping all my errands would be done in one day.

So I went out today to do that, and also pick up this week's pay check. When I get to my apt, I realize, I HAVE THE WRONG KEYS!! I can't get into my apt, much less my mailbox. UGH!!! I went to the office and pleaded with the lady behind the desk if I could use their spare just for two minutes, cause that's all it would take. She was very kind and let me use a the spare apartment key at no charge (technically, it costs $5 for an office personnel to let me into my apt). But they had no spare mailbox key. After my purse was stolen and I got new keys, that makes sense, they gave me new keys so quickly, they must have skipped making themselves a spare. So they are totally cool, everything was entirely my fault, I wasted a good 30 minutes and gas to drive up there.

Though a pain, I knew it really wasn't too big a deal. I went to my work place to pick up and deposit this weeks pay check and soon felt MUCH better because this happened.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #2097
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

I feel so sad right now... Tess texted me that the SB cast (still) hasn't showed up for the autographing
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #2098
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

My browser's Back button isn't working. It's a minor thing I suppose, but it irritates me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #2099
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

I emailed my parents both Saturday and Sunday night, telling them the basics of what I've done that day, posted a link to here since I shared things in deeper detail here and I also thought they might like to see in whose company I was in, and explained the forum to them a little bit so they'd know how to read it. Well, they both read the emails. But that was it. My dad clicked the first link and read the first post there, thinking it was by me, and got horribly confused. He didn't have a clue what "I" was talking about. How hard is it to recognize which one is me?? I mean, Hello, my name is in my screen name! Since the first link confused him so much, he didn't even bother to click the second one. And my mother? She didn't click the links at all. And now they're hounding me for information that was all covered in my posts here. I refuse to answer since they didn't bother to even TRY to find out about my weekend earlier when I actually made it easy to stay on top of things as they were happening. I'm just extremely irritated by this. I wasted all that time and thought for them, and they didn't take advantage of it. They must not care that much to know what all I did.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #2100
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

The neighbors came up here last night and stole some of our chickens, then they left the door to the coop open so the rest would get loose.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote