Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #2051
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Abbey View Post
There are actually a lot of things that tick me off, but the only one I can think of right now is how badly Disney has sold out with Cars. No offense to any fans of the movie, but I didn't really like it much and I certainly don't see why they have to milk three years worth of merchandise out of it. It's particularly annoying when I'm searching for merchandise for movies or shows I like and can't find any, or struggle to, while this stuff is EVERYWHERE. And no, I'm not happy about the sequel. This business nearly put me off Pixar altogether; which is a shame because their other movies are brilliant.
Disney have sold out, you say? But surely not...

Eh, merchandising the snot out of a popular franchise, be it Pixar's or their own, is nothing really new as far as Disney is concerned. It seems to me that, for the past several years or so, if you walked into any given Disney Store, no less than 50% of their stock would have that Winnie the Pooh fellow's face on it. More pivotal Disney characters like Mickey and Donald probably got less than 10% at the best of times. And don't get me wrong, I do have fond childhood memories of that movie, and of the A.A. Milne originals, but it did get a teensy tiny bit irritating that, for years on end, pretty much all the Disney merchandising has been between Pooh, the Princesses, and whatever movie they happen to be peddling at the moment. The 20th anniversary for Oliver and Company came and went without so much as one stinking new plush toy, that I could find, which hardly surprised me. O&C isn't one of Disney's more popular ventures (though it is one of my personal favourites), so as far as they're concerned its existence isn't even worth acknowledging. The so-called "20th Anniversary Special Edition" is essentially just the bog-standard DVD, repackaged and with a glossier cover.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-28-2009 at 03:24 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #2052
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

I didn't say it was anything new. It still annoys the hell out of me, though, especially since they never seem to do that with movies I actually want to by merchandise from. At the moment, two-thirds of our local Disney Store is taken over by Cars and Princesses merchandise; even overshadowing movies like WALL-E and Bolt.

Last edited by Major Abbey; 06-28-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #2053
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Default a bit of a rant (shut up if you've nothing kind to say about it)

Anime haters... just UGH. They have got to be some of the most retarded morons I've ever seen. :\ Have they even tried any anime outside of craptooncartoon network? Guess they don't have enough brain cells to do so, I guess. Screw the hardcore fans, of course, but not like any other hardcore fans for other forms of entertainment are any better. Still, the anime shows themselves are quite good.

Also, the abnormal number of good/cool/slightly better celebrities dying. Why can't the stupid celebrities like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears just drop dead? :/ I mean, really.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 06-28-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: not your beeswax
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #2054
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Anime haters... just UGH. Why can't the stupid celebrities like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears just drop dead? :/ I mean, really.
That is EXACTLY what I told my roomie!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #2055
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Anime haters... just UGH. They have got to be some of the most retarded morons I've ever seen. :\ Have they even tried any anime outside of craptooncartoon network? Guess they don't have enough brain cells to do so, I guess. Screw the hardcore fans, of course, but not like any other hardcore fans for other forms of entertainment are any better. Still, the anime shows themselves are quite good.
I dunno, maybe some people don't like the way it's drawn, much like I dislike the drawing style of Ed, Edd, And Eddy. Squigglevision makes my eyes water. That aside, anything anime is just another cartoon to me; some is good, some is bad, just like any other animated show.

Sailor Moon rocks, by the way.

Quote:
craptooncartoon network?
Best laugh I've had all day.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #2056
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Bit of a rant about Skype: don't get me wrong, it's a handy program, but using it by phone is almost a battle because the network coverage is not reliable (at least that's the case with mine).
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #2057
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I don't think I'd say it ticks me off so much as it is annoying and just ugh. But I got a note on my door today notifying me that the apartment staff will be entering my apartment (along with everyone else's) on Wednesday to check for safety issues. They do this biannually and they gave us 48 hour notice as law requires. But dang it, 48 hours isn't long enough! I didn't get the note until this evening, I'll be at both the day and side jobs all day tomorrow, and I won't have much time to clean and make sure there's no mildew or fire hazards. Ugh. I doubt I'll find anything they won't like, but I like to at least clean.

Oh, and I noticed today that the Bloo/Cheese socks I was wearing now have a hole in them. Easy enough to mend, but it's still upsetting.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #2058
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Our apartment staff usually give less than 24 hour notice for stuff. I just don't care anymore. To be honest, I think when they come in for the safety checks and all that, that they try to be in and out of here asap because of the snake and 9 tarantulas...That's it, get a crawly pet.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #2059
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I dunno, maybe some people don't like the way it's drawn, much like I dislike the drawing style of Ed, Edd, And Eddy. Squigglevision makes my eyes water. That aside, anything anime is just another cartoon to me; some is good, some is bad, just like any other animated show.

Sailor Moon rocks, by the way.
Hmm, perhaps. It's not people who dislike it in general that ticked me off, it was the rabid haters whom I was ticked off about.

I heard about it. Never watched much of it, though. Seems popular.

Quote:
Best laugh I've had all day.
Haha, yeah, that's what I call CN, after they took off Fosters', and most other shows worth a care, and replaced them with crap, haha, back on topic.
Erm, people that spew quotes nonstop are quite annoying, and it's especially bad when you just watched a show or video, and someone keeps saying quotes out of it nonstop. SO annoying. Especially when they go on for over 10 minutes about it. Been having to put up with this for a bit of time. Never complained about it until recently, hmm.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #2060
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
To be honest, I think when they come in for the safety checks and all that, that they try to be in and out of here asap because of the snake and 9 tarantulas...That's it, get a crawly pet.
Ya know, I do have a thing for hermit crabs. I can get a bunch, drape my walls with moss and let them climb the walls freely. Think that will send the complex safety patrol running?

Mr Ditsy came back to work today. I thought he was on vacation for a week. But he was gone only four days. It's not a vacation unless you're gone for an entire week's schedule, if you ask me. I was hoping I'd be spending most of the week without him.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote