Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #2031
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The part that really perplexes me is that I'm on the national Do Not Call list, yet these pests call anyway. The increase in the number of calls I've been getting started before I moved so I doubt my change of address has anything to do with it. Don't they bother to read the list anymore? Or is the economy so bad that they're willing to risk an $18,000 fine for a small sales commission? Honestly, as far as I'm concerned it's a form of harrassment and it should be illegal.
Y'know, my roomie (former girlfriend) has the same trouble. She has told the Arizona Republic (our newspaper), she is not interested in a subscription at least more than a dozen times. There are other marketers that do the same thing, and she is on that list. We do not have that gizmo that just blocks them out, and most of the marketing calls are not human anymore. This has become a major headache for the both of us.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #2032
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I think one telemarketer tried calling me this weekend. I reported them via Do Not Call website. Thankfully, it's the only unwanted call I've had since switching to postpaid and with a new number.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #2033
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Saw something on telly last night that relates somewhat to telemarketing...a piece about postal scams, how people are sent bogus letters saying they've won the lottery, and the like, and they're asked to send money away in order to claim the so-called prize...and you can probably guess the end result.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #2034
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

This may sound petty, but it is already June 18, and for those of you Frankie fans who have the 2009 calendar - 12 more days before Frankie gets replaced with JulyI wished they put her on the month of July (it is her birthday afterall).

Last edited by Howard; 06-18-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #2035
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I love the pic of her with her hoodie pulled on so much.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #2036
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I love the pic of her with her hoodie pulled on so much.
She looks adorable (I know that sounds sappy, but she does)!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #2037
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
She looks adorable (I know that sounds sappy, but she does)!
She does indeed.

Back on topic, we just had a power surge here. Barely lasted a tenth of a second but that was enough to sever my internet connection and force my main system to reboot. Fortunately it was sitting idle at the time so I lost nothing. Still irritating, though.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #2038
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Two words: Statistics class

Whoever thought up that master level graduate students have to pass statistics with a grade of C or higher in order to go on to become a counselor (which is what I am doing) should be shot.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #2039
L.G.
Melvineer

My desktop computer was without an Internet connection for a week, and tonight, it was finally restored after a call was made. My mother had to call the people who made our wireless router, Linksys, and I had to stand by for when the serial numbers (in tiny print) needed to be read and to answer any questions that may have come up. The call lasted for about 90 minutes before I could finally get back online. But I'm grateful that the lady on the other line was patient with my mom and I.

Last edited by L.G.; 06-19-2009 at 06:29 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #2040
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Two driving incidents today:

I was in the furthest right lane (usin' the 2 sec rule for following). The car in front of me signaled just as he was making his right turn! Was the driver telling me "I am going right," or "I was straight before I made the right."

I was in the HOV lane in off hours (I drive a Prius anyway), and this Chevy pickup truck came right up behind me and started really hanging on my rear. The fast lane was WIDE OPEN (he could have moved over there). After about ten seconds, I turned me cruise control off (started to slow) - nuthin'. I waited another ten seconds, and gave the brakes a tap. He did back off, then he went into the fast lane. Rule of thumb - if you tailgate me, you will have an education in about ten seconds. I do not tailgate anyone else, so I do not like it happening to me.