Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #191
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

No More Heroes followed by Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law both for the Wii.

NMH is very fun little game from underground Japanese sensation SUDA 51 in which you play as Travis Touchdown an otaku who has just gained ownership of a lightsaber styled sword and is using said sword to become the number one assassin of all time, by knocking of all of the other assassins on the top ten list.

It's a really fun open world game in the vane of GTA or Shenmu, in which when you are not fighting you can do other stuff such as odd jobs (Like mowing lawns or collecting coconuts or play with your kitten.

Next up was Harvey Birdman which is a graphic adventure that plays a lot like Phoenix Wright (which makes sense since both games are made by CAPCOM) if you love the show, then you'll love this game.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #192
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time. Easily one of greatest and funnest beat 'em ups ever made. I had a blast playing this game again, it was a fun nostalgia trip that really put a smile on my face and made me chuckle about how the most absurd things could become so cool and hip. Only in the 80's!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #193
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Activision anthology on GBA; it's one of the last GBA games for which I have some determination left to unlock "prizes", in this case, pics of the clothing patches Activision used to hand out for breaking some preset score barrier. I was born a few years after the Atari 2600 heyday, so I missed out on these classics. Plus, it's a great game to blow away the 20-30 minutes I spend on subway rides.

In case anyone is familiar with the Activision 2600 titles, my favorites in this collection are Beamrider, Seaquest, Ice Hockey, Enduro, and Starmaster. I despise Kaboom for its difficulty due to poor controls in this port.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #194
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

"Dragon Quest Swords" for the Wii. A much better game than I expected, and loaded with retro character designs and sound effects from the first game in the series.

Last edited by Medikor; 05-18-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #195
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

im not sure, i havent played anything in a few days. it was either armored core 2 or guitar hero 3.

wait, yeah, guitar hero 3. its a pretty awsome game. armored core 2 is also awsome, but only if you have the good weapons.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #196
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Picked this up a couple weeks ago, but never got around to really sitting down playing it until today. What else can say other then it's a Mario game so it has to be good. (Okay there are some exceptions, but for the most part games featuring everyone's favorite plumber are very good.)

The graphics are very bright and expressive and the soundtrack is kind of departure of the typical Mario game, the more bouncy cartoony tracks have been replaced with more epic sounding tunes. (Most likely to fit in with whole "space" theme.

All in All, I like what I've played thus far.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #197
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I love the music in Mario Galaxy! I hope Nintendo makes a habit of using a full orchestra for its games soundtracks. The lack of orchestral music was one of the few disappointments for me about Twilight Princess.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #198
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Picked this up a couple weeks ago, but never got around to really sitting down playing it until today. What else can say other then it's a Mario game so it has to be good. (Okay there are some exceptions, but for the most part games featuring everyone's favorite plumber are very good.)

The graphics are very bright and expressive and the soundtrack is kind of departure of the typical Mario game, the more bouncy cartoony tracks have been replaced with more epic sounding tunes. (Most likely to fit in with whole "space" theme.

All in All, I like what I've played thus far.
I've beat the game once already but I too like the graphics and music.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #199
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I just finished beating Earthbound/Mother 2, and have begun playing Mother 3. While I haven't gotten very fair (only about 15 minutes in), it still looks like a delightful game, as all the other games in the series have been. It's a shame it'll never see an English translation. Well, at least not an official one.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #200
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

I recently discovered how freaking addictive Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is. It can be frustrating, but it's a load of fun too. Great way to keep yourself in check. Ditto for Animal Crossing, too.