Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #191
Xroc88
At Home

I really don't think frankie's a IF, i would want her to be a human like us.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #192
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

There is only one Frankie (who had a father), and an IF Frankie (CN Comic story), and that's it!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #193
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I wasn't saying that she is an IF, just that there are more likely theories than her being an alien. I'm with you guys that Frankie's all human.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #194
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I find it laughable that the even remote possibility or thought of Frankie being more "likely" to be an alien or an imaginary friend simply because there's so much mystery behind her life. I mean, I think that's really putting too much thought into her life and just trying to come up with something totally outrageous.

I think Frankie is as simple and sweet and good natured as the honest person I have always seen when I watched the show. While there may be loads of twilight zone sounding scenarios behind her and her parents lack of reference, I don't think there is the slightest doubt that she is who she is: Frankie Foster.

I don't think she's a ghost, alien, imaginary friend or anything of the sort. As far as her parents go, I always stood by the whole death issue but I'm aware that's perceived as too negative for a kids show. Though I do disagree personally. A thought just came to me, what if Frankie's parents divorced and left her?

Like maybe neither one could come to a child visitation agreement, or maybe they were arguing and Frankie ran away from home. Madame Foster could have been seen as a kind of safeguard or escape from all the arguing and fighting. I understand this sounds a bit extreme cause this is Frankie after all.

However, I personally don't see why Frankie's parents can't be "bad" parents simply because she's so sweet. There are plenty of people who come from crappy families or from rotten parents and turn out great. I mean, Frankie has literally made NO mention or reference to them at all outside that ONE "Who let the dogs out" episode.

No reunions, no mail, no e-mail, no calls, no visits, nothing. Maybe her and her parents had a horrible falling out and they never wanted to see each other again. That might explain Frankie's sense of responsibility, maybe she strived to have something her parents never gave her or make up for lost time.

I also feel Frankie has a real sense of loneliness. Outside of the imaginary friends, we never hear any mention of her friends or buddies outside of Kathy and her infamous failed date with Dylan. Which to me makes me want to know even more about her, particularly how such a wonderful lady could be so lonely and especially how could she hide so much about her from everyone.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #195
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

It's really unusual for parents to divorce, and NEITHER of them get custody of the kid(s), unless there is a lot more to it than that. If there are issues like drug abuse, or child abuse by both parents, a court will award custody to a relative, or, none suitable being available, the state. Those situations do not happen often, though. Most of the time, either one parent will get full custody, or they'll share custody. There is a tendency among the courts to award custody to the mother unless she can be proved unfit or does not WANT custody. I tend to stick with the theory that something bad happened to Frankie's parents, like a car accident in which both were killed, perhaps. She's only mentioned them once, in "Who Let the Dogs In", and her memories of them do not seem to indicate that they were drug addicts or abusive but were, in fact, caring parents who tried to comfort and reassure a young child who was scared of ghosts. There's been no other mention of them, or anything to indicate that Frankie visits with or talks to at least one of them. We know that she's lived with her grandmother since she was around five or six years old, from the photos in "The Big Picture", so something happened to both parents between the time they told her that there was no such thing as ghosts, and her coming to live permanently with her grandmother.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #196
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

My point was merely to take a note to bring up other possibilities that are usually ignored because they'd be "negative" for a kids show. I also believe something bad happened to Frankie's parents but if she's not too cracked up to talk about them if they are dead, I don't see how drug or bad parents would be any different.

I know its unusual for neither parent to get a child in a divorce, but it DOES happen. I was just trying to bring up a possibility that is possible and is usually greeted with implausibility simply because its more grim or negative in nature. That's all.

I figured after the alien and imaginary friend theory was brought up, a little reality based theory wouldn't be so bad, even if it was associated with more negativity.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #197
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I think Frankie is as simple and sweet and good natured as the honest person I have always seen when I watched the show. While there may be loads of twilight zone sounding scenarios behind her and her parents lack of reference, I don't think there is the slightest doubt that she is who she is: Frankie Foster.
That is a perfect way to describe her and her unexplained past, Mr.M! I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #198
L.G.
Melvineer

Question

Thought I changed gears a bit. I've been wondering...if Frankie wasn't driving the bus, and Madame Foster allowed Frankie to get a car of her own, what would she drive?

Last edited by L.G.; 08-18-2008 at 07:49 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #199
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Hmm... not something I can really answer; all cars look pretty much alike to me. I would guess it would depend on her budget to a large extent but other than that I think she'd lean more towards practical rather than flash.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #200
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I can easily picture Frankie dreaming of a sporty car, perhaps a convertible, but when it comes to actually making the choice, I too can only picture her with a reliable convenient car rather than one to show off. In fact, I can almost see her teasingly mocking her grandma for driving a Firebird. But when it comes to the car she herself choses to drive, I see a coup or maybe an SUV- something dependable with room enough for a number of friends (whether human or imaginary), and yet "young", without being too flashy.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote