Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm really sorry. I was mugged in college by a bunch of kids -who were very polite; that was almost the worst part - in college. So I've had to go through all that stuff getting replacements for everything and having locks changed etc. In the very long run the thing whose loss was the worst was a tape I had made by taping songs off the of the radio. I was never able to track down some of those songs again, not knowing the artists and/or song titles. I know that might sound dumb but I was able to replace everything else.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #12
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Aw, thanks so much for the replies IL and Sparky. Now that the day is over, I do feel a bit better. My dad and I took the van back to the city where the incident happened so the city police could write up a report. We were waiting 2 and a half hours for a cop to come! It was very tiring, once we got tired of sitting, we paced around the outside of the van, and then I konked out in the back seat (I hardly slept at all last night, as I'm sure you can imagine). The officer finally came, turned out they thought they were suppose to meet us at the park where the crime occurred. That wasn't necessary so we parked at the local mall because we knew they'd be able to find us easily. It was just yet another misunderstanding. The officer was actually very nice. He wrote up a report quickly for my dad so he could have the insurance take care of it. And then the officer asked me a whole bunch of questions about what was in my purse. And he gave us a claim number so we have a police claim number to give to our insurance companies or banks, or anything really that might need it for legal purposes.

After the officer left, we went to the mall and my dad got me a new cell phone. It's more expensive than my old one was, ugh. But it's cool because this one is so much nicer than my other one was. It has a camera, my other one didn't. And it's on Verizon, and since most people I call/text use the same carrier, contacting them would be free. So, I'm not exactly sure how the plan works, but we'll see, it might not be as much as my other one was. So, I at least have one thing replaced now. So I'm on the road to recovery.

I plan to start the process of getting a new license and SSN card online this evening, and tomorrow we're off to get a new car key, a new apartment key, and order a new debit card (and change bank accounts if they advise that).

And Sparky, oh no no no no no, that's certainly not dumb about the tape! I use to do the same exact thing, no lie! I still have most of them, most recorded between Jr. High and college, so I have some songs going back to the '80s. And during college I even organized a bunch of the songs onto different tapes and labeled them according to the time in my life those certain songs remind me of. I don't listen to them too often anymore, but it's pure nostalgia when I do, I still love it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Am sorry to hear about your purse.

At least your new phone works nicely.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Thank you FHF. And yes it does. I just hope it doesn't end up costing me an arm and a leg. I'm struggling enough right now as it is.

My mom took some pictures of the damage to her van this morning, thought I'd share them.

There had been a lot of glass on the pavement, too. There were originally shards of glass still poking into the window cavity, but they eventually broke off completely while driving down the road. So this isn't actually what it looked like when we first found it.

Last edited by Lynnie; 04-05-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Oh, man, I'm really sorry, Lynnie. How very suckish.

(Hugs)

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Frost
Newly Abandoned

"...So Pathetic"  

OMG!! I can't believe it. We're all gonna support you on this and help you get through. And hope you don't mind me asking but has the police caught the thief yet? If there's anything I can do you can PM me, I'm always here for you?

Last edited by Frost; 04-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Thanks you guys. Much love.

Doing better today, I'm gradually getting my foot hold again. Got new car keys today (this time I got two, so I have a spare). Still no apartment key or mailbox key, ugh, I'm irritated with the people over there right now. They just aren't sticking to the office hours, and it's a great inconvenience. I'll try again tomorrow. But my mom had my spare apt key, so I have that at least. Went to the bank, closed my account and opened a new one. New debit card and wallet (sold by the bank) are on the way. Printed out my temp license, and the permanent is on its way. Got a little use out of my cell phone again today too. And now that I have a car key, I go into work again tomorrow. So I'll get back into the routine. I'm still wondering what to do with my other job and the key I needed for that. The guy who's responsibility it is to get me one is dealing with big and very sad funeral plans right now, and I reeeaaallly don't want to bother him until next week when it's over. But I need to do my other job this week, I NEED that money! My dad has a key and we have somewhat plans as to when and where I can pick it up, if it all works out on Thursday like we planned.

Van window is fixed, too.

I do have that Foster's purse that I shared pics of here a few months back (in the "More Stuff at Hot Topic" thread I believe), it's just it's huge compared to my old one and I have absolutely NOTHING to put in it, except maybe a bottle of lotion, nail clippers and my phone. I'm also wanting to alter it a little bit, as my old purse had so many pockets and pen loops and little extras. It'll keep my new purse so much more organized and "handy" if I can add some pockets and pen loops. I'm just trying to figure out what material to do it with, and need a snap or two. My mother has plenty of supplies like that here, so I need to remember to find something before I leave their place tonight.

So yeah, things are coming along. I'll keep you guys updated. Thank you all so much for the support and your friendship through all this, it has NOT been a good weekend for me in the least. But it's starting to get better.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Thumbs up

I'm glad to hear that you're doing everything you can to get your life back on track again. I hope that the individual(s) that caused this mess are found and put behind bars. Anyway, keep us informed on everything.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

I'm mighty sorry this unpleasantness has occurred to you Lynnie. I know you're a thoroughly lovely person who likes to think the best of everybody so it pains me to think you've been done over by a person who probably doesn't care about anything but gratifying their own sordid desires over which they have no control. You'll be ok, love is all around you.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Aw, thank you so much for the kind words you guys! It does soften this blow a bit. It really does.

Doing a bit better today. Work was blah, but it wasn't too bad I suppose. Got new locks and keys for both my apt and my mailbox. Whew! I withdrew some cash from my account and got some necessities to put in my purse. I cannot live without nail clippers or lotion! And I didn't want to "borrow" some from my apartment. So now my purse has its own. Along with some pens, a first aid kit, facial tissue, a mini sewing kit, some hand sanitizer and a few girly supplies. I'm still wanting to get a glasses repair kit and lip balm, among other non-necessary things that I just like to have on hand.

What I'm going through now seems to be the mourning period. I miss so many things that were in my purse, some of which I've had since high school. And there were a lot of pens and keychains, along with my wallet, mini sewing kit and pocket knife that I got while on one of the best vacations, which took place back in 1996, those are probably what I miss the most. Along with other things that I know I'll have a hard time finding again, if ever. Included were the Foster's cell phone charms, the Blooberry mints, a Foster's pen, a Foster's keychain. *sigh* At least my purse is entirely Foster's, so I don't feel too lonely without something from the show with me. And let's see, a whole bunch of pictures of family and friends, and Joey. Another drawing my sister did for me. My sunglasses. Some gel pens a friend gave me about 8 years ago. A drawing I did myself of my "dream wedding dress" a good 13 years ago. A bookmark. Two bottles of lotion. A glasses repair kit. A first aid kit. A hand mirror. A comb. A mini flashlight. An old name badge from work (in case I ever forgot my new one). Two different tins of breath mints. Three packs of gum. Hair accessories. A plastic fork. Ear plugs. Two nail clippers. ...I have no idea how many lip balms/glosses I had in there.

So yeah, most of it had some pretty deep sentimental value, and I miss them dearly. I'll never be able to really replace them.

And also, if any of you were ever wondering what exactly we girls carry in our purses, there ya go.