Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #11
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

WHOAH!

If I saw that thing in the woods it would FREAK THE HELL OUTTA ME!
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #12
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Oh em gee.

That's one for the record book!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #13
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Man, reading that made me want Ham. Ham and Bacon.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #14
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Hmm...you know, pigs are actually one of my favourite animals...I am of course thinking more along the lines of the cute little Babe variety as opposed to the big hulking wild ones, but still,I think I'd probably be a lot happier if I don't check out that photo.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-28-2007 at 07:47 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #15
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Reminds me of Bloaty the pig (from Invader ZIM) lol.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #16
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I've looked at the picture over the last few days but haven't commented on this thread, but omg...

Last night I had the scariest dream that I was in a tour group and we were being chased by a whole pack of wild pigs that looked exactly like that one!!! They were like, REALLY hostile and mad, extremely fast, and were ramming into people and headbutting them and trampling everyone. I think I was the only one that didn't die. They were like, demon-esque!

I'm pretty sure my dream came from two sources: 1) the picture and 2) PBL mentioning "dangerous feral hogs"

I love scary dreams The sense of relief after waking from one is incomparable.

Last edited by scary_dream; 05-28-2007 at 12:21 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #17
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I've looked at the picture over the last few days but haven't commented on this thread, but omg...

Last night I had the scariest dream that I was in a tour group and we were being chased by a whole pack of wild pigs that looked exactly like that one!!! They were like, REALLY hostile and mad, extremely fast, and were ramming into people and headbutting them and trampling everyone. I think I was the only one that didn't die. They were like, demon-esque!

I'm pretty sure my dream came from two sources: 1) the picture and 2) PBL mentioning "dangerous feral hogs"

I love scary dreams The sense of relief after waking from one is incomparable.
They WILL actually do just what you described, if they know the people aren't armed, since hogs are smart enough to figure that out and they know you can't hurt them if you do not have any weapons. Believe it or not, a hog that size can probably run faster than a Thoroughbred race horse, and much, much faster than a human! They do not "head butt", though-they bite with bone-crushing power and rip into their victims using a lightning-fast head-jab that puts these into use:

This is from a SMALL wild boar that fell into a sinkhole on the property of Friendfield/Spring Hill Plantation near Georgetown, South Carolina, and died there. The top tusks are missing, and the bottom ones, which are the smaller set, are nearly 10 inches from the jawbone to the tip. If you lightly pull a sheet of paper across the tip of a tusk, it will slice the paper as cleanly as a X-acto knife-that's just how sharp it is! I've seen hogs rip open the sheet metal along the side of a pickup truck, like peeling back the lid to a sardine can, with these tusks. Comparing these things to "Babe" is like comparing Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th movies to Shirley Temple!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #18
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

That is REALLY scary PBL!!!!

The pigs in my dream seemed overly mean and too quick to me, but after reading what you said about them... eep!

Hope I never encounter any of them in real life!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #19
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I love wild boars! They're one of my favorite animals and the animal that I feel I would likely turn into if we lived in a fantasy world. I find that they are very regal, powerful and respectable animals.
I've seen that story on CNN and I found it really interesting. And I found your information and stories of hog hunting equally interesting, Pittbully.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #20
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I love wild boars! They're one of my favorite animals and the animal that I feel I would likely turn into if we lived in a fantasy world. I find that they are very regal, powerful and respectable animals.
I've seen that story on CNN and I found it really interesting. And I found your information and stories of hog hunting equally interesting, Pittbully.

They are indeed VERY respectable, as well as very fast and smart...and extremely dangerous. They's why it was a right of passage for Celtic youth, both male and female, to kill a wild boar armed only with a knife, and why today many hog hunters absolutely refuse to use a gun to kill a wild boar-respect for both the animal and tradition. Anyone can shoot an animal from a distance or the safety of a tree stand, but to meet it one-on-one, armed basically with the same weapon it uses, just made of a different material, is something considered more worthy. Trust me, a LOT of hunters have been severely injured or even killed by these animals, so they're no joke.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote