Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #11
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

I just started watching the missing season for the 03 show. It's pretty good so far. I haven't yet watched fast forward. Is it really bad? If it is I might not waste my time with it.

The Next Mutation: I wasn't really a fan of that, but I think part of the reason why was because I was still miffed about the third movie. I didn't want a live action series, I wanted another movie, a BETTER movie.

Oh By the way, If anyone happens to find a better image that I could use as a sig I would be really grateful if they would direct me towards it. I'm getting kind of tired of this one.

<Click!

Last edited by Pawbah; 03-29-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #12
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

OMG. I'm so glad to find this thread.

I can't be positive for a favorite character - I'm stuck between Donatello (Cuz he's smart) and Michelangelo (Cuz he's funny)...XDD

My favorite movie was always the second one, as it is the first one I ever watched.

And I never saw he 80's version of the series, as I was not born at the time. XD

I never really got the '03 series. XD

And who could forget my favorite quote? XDD

"-I found four baby turtles."
"That was us! Heh-heh-heh!"
"Ah man..."

XDDD

Last edited by antgirl1; 03-30-2007 at 12:10 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Talking Meeeemoriiiieesss...light the corners of my miiiiiind...

Ah, Turtles - what would my childhood have been without them?

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles as they were clumsily re-dubbed in the UK, for fear that the nation's kids might start assasinating people at dead of night, presumably ) were the second major obsession of my life, after my preschool Thomas The Tank Engine phase. There were a couple of years when I was about seven or eight where it was just my life; I bought the toys, the weapons, watched the show religiously, spent fortunes on the arcade game, even read up on the original comics...man, if I were to go into the full extent of my Turtle-mania I would fill several pages. Dragging my mum and uncle out to a supermarket in Malaysia (we were in the country at the time anyway, just to clarify ) and queuing for hours to meet Michaelangelo and Donatello was a highpoint; everything Turtles back then was just so thrilling to me. Watching them actually "come alive" for the first time in the 1990 movie remains one of the most profoundly amazing spectacles of my cinematic experience, silly as that sounds.

Funny thing is, despite the depth of the obsession I had with them back then, it's something I really left behind as I grew up; the winding down of the public craze might have contributed to the weaning process, as might the awful third movie - even when I was nine I could tell what a rancid pile that was. Still, even I was surprised by what a clean break I made from it, to the extent that the Next Mutation Series passed me by totally (not that it sounds like I missed out), whilst the 2003 series only really got a flicker of recognition for me. It's interesting to revisit the old stuff, too; whilst I still have a lot of affection for the old cartoon series, it now feels quite tangibly coated in 80's cheese, though I do have fun spotting voice talent in it now (trivia for today; Leonardo was played by Cam Clarke, aka Liquid Snake from Metal Gear, and Shredder was played by James Avery, aka Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air ). The first movie holds up quite well, though; the animatronics are still impressive, and tonally it's a good representation of the grittier Eastman/Laird comic.

Still, perhaps that's not the last chapter for me and the Turtles. I've got to admit that the trailers for the new TMNT movie actually got me surprisingly excited, and though the movie itself was patchy (see the movie topic for detail on that), it's succeeded in getting them back on my mind. Maybe I'll check out some of the 2003 series if I can...
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #14
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawbah View Post
I just started watching the missing season for the 03 show. It's pretty good so far. I haven't yet watched fast forward. Is it really bad? If it is I might not waste my time with it.

The Next Mutation: I wasn't really a fan of that, but I think part of the reason why was because I was still miffed about the third movie. I didn't want a live action series, I wanted another movie, a BETTER movie.
I actually have been watching the Fast Forward series on comcast demand recently. To be blunt, I actually watched it just because I was interested in a minor character on the show. A cute alien girl named Starlee caught my interest and as shallow as it sounds, I keep looking for episodes involving her .

The show isn't anything amazing but it's certainly not as boring or stupid as I thought it had been. The neatest thing I think they have in the show is having Casey Jones/April O'Neil's grandchild which is COOL to me because after seeing TMNT, I'm totally into their romance and glad it's evident here.

"Next Mutation" suffered alot of faults, third movie or not. It had completely stupid catch phrases that were mindlessly repeated to the point you wanna rip your ears off, and it was loaded with weird cartoon sound effects every time a fight broke out. On the other hand, it did have some benefits.

Venus like I said before was a very different kind of character, Splinter actually looked BETTER then he did in the third movie, and the most unique thing I found were some of the new villains. Guys like the Dragon Lord, Dr. Quease, and Simon Bonesteel were very interesting and they looked great.

Bonesteel as I also said is my personal favorite, played by Scott McNeil. A very famous voice actor who never took on a LIVE role until this one. Bonesteel was a homeless animal hunter who was not only insane and loaded with weapons, but he also named his weapons by female names.

Like Alice, Mary Lou, and Margery. He was a total riot .
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

You pretty much named the only two reason I watch Fast Forward, Mr. M. Besides what you said about Starlee isn't shallow. I myself find the 03 April O'Neil to be cuter than the 87 series. That and 03 April doesn't seem to have Lois Lane Syndrome.
Speaking of Ms. O'Neil I'm still a little weirded out by the choice in the comics to make her a pencil sketch brought to life by a magic crystal. It just seems to work against her being the normal aspect to a very skewed world.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #16
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I honestly NEVER knew that about April, that is a major downer. Why would the closest human friend of the turtles be some drawing brought to life by a magical crystal? It sounds REALLY stupid actually.

Casey Jones was sadly vacant from the 80s series, or if he was in it I don't remember him. I didn't catch much of the 03 series but I'm at least glad she's as attractive as I've seen, and that her and Jones hooked up.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

I honestly NEVER knew that about April, that is a major downer. Why would the closest human friend of the turtles be some drawing brought to life by a magical crystal? It sounds REALLY stupid actually.

Casey Jones was sadly vacant from the 80s series, or if he was in it I don't remember him. I didn't catch much of the 03 series but I'm at least glad she's as attractive as I've seen, and that her and Jones hooked up.
Casey Jones was in the 80's series apparently. I don't actually remember him but this is the info I found on that: In the original TMNT cartoon, Casey Jones is a crazed vigilante who fights crime as horrific as murder, to as petty as littering. He never takes off his mask in the series. This Casey does not play as important a role as his comic book counterpart. His most notable line was ?When do I get to break something?? Voiced by Pat Fraley.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #18
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I should be seeing the movie some time this week. I just got my tax return. I can't wait. You've guys have sold me on it more than any other site. Though I already was sold on it. Now I'm quadruple sold on it.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
I should be seeing the movie some time this week. I just got my tax return. I can't wait. You've guys have sold me on it more than any other site. Though I already was sold on it. Now I'm quadruple sold on it.
My work here is done, heh .
Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #20
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Let me start off by saying...OH, HECK YES!! FINALLY a thread about everyone's favorite heroes in a half-shell! XD Ahem, as you can tell, I, too, grew up with the Ninja Turtles, so of course I am a huge fan of them! Although I haven't seen it in about forever I still remember the old series from the '80s and how I could never miss an episode when I was still a child. Ahh, good times, good times. Although I liked all of the turtles, I must admit that Michelangelo and Donatello always held special places in my heart and they will more than likely always be my favorite ones out of the four (it's a shame that the new movie supposedly didn't focus on them as much as Leo and Raph).

I remember playing the Turtles NES games as a child as well...man, that was some of the most fun that I ever had! XD

I've watched a bit of the '03 series. While it's not exactly my favorite, I still find it to be better than most of the brain-washing, no-depth cartoons that are out today. As for Fast Forward I have seen maybe one or two episodes from that and, well, it's...umm...different, to say the least! XP I have also seen all of the movies that came out in the early to mid '90's (even if it's been awhile since I've seen them last) and I have to say that I honestly liked all of them, the infamous third one included! Man, this thread brings back so many memories!

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 04-02-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote