Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i see death is a recurring theme here. It happens to everybody. There are some VERY pansy people out there, if they can handle it i think i can, too. Just set yer teeth and jump right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Partymember and myself aren't related, like siblings separated at birth or something, given our mutual affection for guns, hunting, creepy-crawlies and other critters often feared by the public, and now the revelation that we share the at least one of the same fears: dying alone, unwanted.

sis! (hug)

If i'm ever in South carolina we should go hog hunting together. I usually love massive storms but hurricane may be a little too massive.

i don't worry about nursing homes. My friends give me a life expectancy of about 30 more years, maybe less. Such close buddies we are

i put it at 20. Guess they are being generous.

PS: PBL, ya want to get a dude's attention you can't go wrong with those little Heinekin kegs they just started advertising. Got the tap and everything. Wonderful little invention.

Last edited by Partymember; 06-21-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Have you ever felt like someone is trying to like kill you like they're watching you from the outside window that is really scary man it really happend to me because i really saw someone outside the window!!!!!!!!
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm afraid of...airports. Not planes or flying; I'm fine once I'm in the plane and out of the airport itself. I get all claustrophobic and freaked out if I'm forced to be in an airport. Even if I'm just there to pick someone up. Not sure why.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owennoreen View Post
Have you ever felt like someone is trying to like kill you like they're watching you from the outside window that is really scary man it really happend to me because i really saw someone outside the window!!!!!!!!
huh. Everytime a car goes by and i'm on the street i feel like i'm going to get gunned down by some thug with a MAC-10. I dunno why. Guess i'm just paranoid
Old 06-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #15
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I guess I should clarify that it's not DEATH I'm afraid of per se, but of growing old and becoming more and more alone, while having to depend more and more on other people for daily existance, and having absolutely no one to turn to-of being absolutely alone and unwanted when that end finally comes, other than impartial strangers in nurses' uniforms who'll just roll me out while they're rolling the next inmate/patient in. I've been with relatives as they've breathed their last, and they seemed to take great comfort in having family members nearby, but unless I die young myself, it's highly unlikely that I will have the comfort of knowing there's someone by my side who actually cares, someone to whom I'm more than just a number on a medical chart or on the door to the room. THAT is the thing I fear the most. I'm not afraid of any animal, ESPECIALLY not of spiders or snakes, since for the most part, there's no reason to fear what cannot harm you at all, and I've got enough brains to know which ones can and which can't. I can control such animals, I know enough about their behavior to know how they will react in a given situation. It's things I can't control that I guess I have the most fear of, and that includes my own situation at the time of my own death, who is with me, or not. It's the same with the storms, but my fear in this instance is still tempered by fascination and a desire to know more. I cannot call it a genuine phobia, because I have no problem sitting and watching hours of tornado chasing programs on the National Geographic Channel, or standing on the porch watching bolts of lightning. When there's a hurricane out in the Atlantic, though, and reports indicate that it might head towards the Carolina coast, I still get a bit nervous, having seen that destruction and lived through the aftermath first-hand, a situation not unlike living in a war zone, or, while the storm is still raging, like being under enemy attack, being shelled, and knowing that each breath could be your last.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I guess I should clarify that it's not DEATH I'm afraid of per se, but of growing old and becoming more and more alone, while having to depend more and more on other people for daily existance, and having absolutely no one to turn to-of being absolutely alone and unwanted when that end finally comes, other than impartial strangers in nurses' uniforms who'll just roll me out while they're rolling the next inmate/patient in. I've been with relatives as they've breathed their last, and they seemed to take great comfort in having family members nearby, but unless I die young myself, it's highly unlikely that I will have the comfort of knowing there's someone by my side who actually cares, someone to whom I'm more than just a number on a medical chart or on the door to the room. THAT is the thing I fear the most. I'm not afraid of any animal, ESPECIALLY not of spiders or snakes, since for the most part, there's no reason to fear what cannot harm you at all, and I've got enough brains to know which ones can and which can't. I can control such animals, I know enough about their behavior to know how they will react in a given situation. It's things I can't control that I guess I have the most fear of, and that includes my own situation at the time of my own death, who is with me, or not. It's the same with the storms, but my fear in this instance is still tempered by fascination and a desire to know more. I cannot call it a genuine phobia, because I have no problem sitting and watching hours of tornado chasing programs on the National Geographic Channel, or standing on the porch watching bolts of lightning. When there's a hurricane out in the Atlantic, though, and reports indicate that it might head towards the Carolina coast, I still get a bit nervous, having seen that destruction and lived through the aftermath first-hand, a situation not unlike living in a war zone, or, while the storm is still raging, like being under enemy attack, being shelled, and knowing that each breath could be your last.

pitbulllady

i was referring to other people citing "death' as one of their fears, but i agree: a hospital or nursing home is no way to go. Suicide by Yukon sounds good to me. Walk up into the Yukon Territory with my Win 94 and 100 rounds of .30-30 once i decide i've lived long enough.

guaranteed not to come back out.

i vaguely remember tornadoes in Michigan. They seemed fine, but that was because i had people there with me. Alone is not fun.

I've decided i want a burial scaffold a la the plains Indians if i die unexpectedly. Dunno if that passes Health Code whatever but i don't give a rats a$$ about government.

Last edited by Partymember; 06-21-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #17
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't fear death itself (what happens just before and after is what I fear). I fear being outdoors during a thunderstorm, bees, rejection, and a few other things.
its not that i fear death, its that i fear being some spirit or something in foreverness
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #18
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I've mentioned it before, but I have this odd, overwhelming fear of belly buttons. That's a pure phobia, since I'm well aware that belly buttons can't hurt me (or at least nowadays - there were some slightly more sinister connotations attached to them when I was younger), but nonetheless, there is something about them which I really don't like, and forces me to avert my gaze whenever I see them. Disgusting things.

You folks who are afraid of spiders, heights and airports should consider yourselves lucky. At least don't have to walk around with one attached to you the whole time.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #19
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
You folks who are afraid of spiders, heights and airports should consider yourselves lucky. At least don't have to walk around with one attached to you the whole time.
I feel your pain. My fear is something humans do as a natural reaction like sneezing, and sometimes need to do to to stay ALIVE. I am terrified of vomit, which explains why I don't like being around chemicals or having them on me (a few of them say to induce vomiting if accidentally ingested, and while I know they are talking about the whole bottle, I don't even want a drop getting near my mouth), why I always wash my hands about 100 times a day, why I only feel 100% safe when I prepare my OWN food, and why I pretty much turn the house into a bleach fort when there is a stomach virus going around!

I really don't have a fear of death, but what comes before it. I don't want to die painfully!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm personally afraid of crowds, very loud noises, pain, the idea of being drafted or conscripted to fight in a war, and the most is death. I'm very afraid of the uncertainty of death but I don't want to get into the spiritual or religious aspects of it.
I'm mainly afraid of a slow, painful death like burning alive, drowning or ending up at the mercy of some psycho. My greatest fear ,though, is being stranded in the middle of a deep, dark ocean that you know is full of sharks and monsters. *Shudders*

Last edited by Medikor; 06-23-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote