Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

For the longest time (and I'll admit that I only started watching the show somewhere between mid-to-late season two) before I finally saw the first few episodes, I thought that Mac was quite a bit older. Honestly, I was twelve at the time, and I thought he was my age...

But I'm not noticing that as much anymore. I'm not sure why...

Hey, I like the voice changes.

-Marty
Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I like them too. Bloo has the perfect whiny but cute voice, and Mac really seemed like a three-year-old in the pilot. He's matured a lot more. Yay Sean!
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Personally I like both vocal styles. Bloo's earlier voice seemed to be much deeper and not as obnoxious, which is a nice alternative to his loud, whiny voice from today, actually. However, I don't mind the newer voice, either, because with it he seems to have more attitude. I think he's funnier that way, personally, but this is just my opinion.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

I much prefer Bloo's newer voice to the older one. I just think that Bloo needs a whiny, high-pitched voice to match his whiny, sometimes manipulative nature.

Plus, would the line "Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn..." be as good in the older voice? I don't think so. But that's me.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
Sagerian
Newly Abandoned

Without a doubt, I prefer the higher-pitched voice of Bloo. As others have said, it fits so much better with the character.

Although I have to admit, the scene in which Bloo and Coco are conversing for the first time still makes me laugh, with the lower-pitched Bloo responding so plainly and matter-of-fact like.

Coco: Coco?
Bloo: Yes.

That worked for me.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #16
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Since Bloo can not annoy me, I like his high pitched voice a LOT more. I remember I saw the Swedish House of Bloo's first and his voice was high pitched in that one... so the dubbers must've watched the first season and tried to mimic the later season episodes... so when I saw the english version of that episode I was SHOCKED XD I had seen many later episodes in english beefore watching house of bloo's in english

I love those moments when he goes REALLY highpitched, like in the halloween episode (the latest) when he goes "NOONE WILL EVER NOTICE!!", about burying Mr Herriman XD I also think he and Mac has a great sync when both are in that state (maybe it's something he inherited from Mac )
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #17
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

LOL, yes, I like it when Bloo's voice is really high pitched too. Granted, it can give you a headache after a while, but it is soooooo funny! I especially like his high squealing and jabbering in "Say it isn't Sew"- "There it is! The faaaiiirrr!!" It just reminds me of how excited I use to get when I was a kid. For instance, when I was little, I loved birds (still do, love all nature actually), and on a particular road trip to the beach when I was 11 or 12, we passed a pond where there was a beautiful Rosette Spoonbill, which look very much like flamingos, all pink, red and white, around the same size, but with a spoon-shaped bill. I had never seen one before, and it was so "rare", I got soooo excited over seeing it I started jumping up and down in the car and talking much the same way Bloo was... And my parents got VERY mad at my over excitement and grounded me for losing control. Then I cried. Haha, but now, I'm sure laughing over it.

I have to say I like Bloo's newer voice over his older one. His older one sounded a little creepy to me at first. Not sure why, maybe just because it sounded "girly" for a boy IF. Although it grew on me, I still prefer Bloo's newer voice.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #18
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
I much prefer Bloo's newer voice to the older one. I just think that Bloo needs a whiny, high-pitched voice to match his whiny, sometimes manipulative nature.

Plus, would the line "Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn..." be as good in the older voice? I don't think so. But that's me.

Heheh, good point there. I must admit that I agree, too, because that line really WOULDN'T sound the same with the deeper voice.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #19
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Bloo's newer voice has a LOT more enthusiasm in it to me. Can you imagine Say it Isn't Sew in Bloo's old voice?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #20
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

I think It's the same voice acter. Just diffrent tones

Just me but, I like his new voice. It better fits his personnality