Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #11
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

my fence blew down a few weeks ago, at at the time it wasnt fixed. i looked over and saw a full grown rotweiler and doberman pincher (i dont think i spelled them right) and my little brothers and my little dog where in the backyard, the clostest thing in my reach happend to be an air pistol and i had to shoot the dogs about 6 times. i rellay didnt want to, but the dog put my family in danger. [no, the dogs didnt die]

sorry bout the off subjectness, i just wanted to say there are times when you do have no choice but to harm an animal. they are trying to pass a law in reno that you can not own a pitbull now.

sorry about the off topicness

Last edited by vinny; 04-26-2007 at 06:22 PM.
vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:45 AM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Jesus PBL! What kind of sick b@$!@&% would feed a dog gunpowder?

Hunting pictures are one thing, and i love them, but animal cruelty is quite another, i find most hunters/trappers to be quite humane. My buddy shot a deer through the lungs in winter, and he tracked it for miles and miles by the fan of blood on the snow so he could put the poor thing down, but he stopped when he came to a swamp. No way the thing got out of there alive.

And what kind of bull$#!^ response is that? "De Cottonmouth was gunna attak mah brudder so i done stabbed it with a knife." The best way to deal with aggresive snakes is to BACK THE HELL AWAY! Friggin' idiot response, a snake's gonna attack you so you jam a kitchen knife down its throat! If they come after you, well, thats why i carry my .410 in the woods with a charge of Number 4 chambered. Good ol' #4.

my dad had to put a dog down once, forget the circumstances, but he said he had to give the gun away afterwards. As a side note he said he was glad he used an old break open and not something wth any monetary value.
Gunpowder eats away at the dog's brain tissue and stomach lining, causing horrific pain and psychosis, creating a dog which is basically insane and will attack anything. The myth is that a vicious dog is a better fighter, which isn't anymore true than saying a psychotic person makes a better soldier! It has long been used to make a dog vicious so it can guard something like drugs or "moonshine"(back in the day, though I know a few folks who make it to run their cars on-cheap, homemade ethanol). These people don' care about the dog's suffering.

I agree; there is a HUGE difference between hunting pics and what this guy posted, especially since the title of the pic was "The Only Good Snake Is...", and I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #13
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
my fence blew down a few weeks ago, at at the time it wasnt fixed. i looked over and saw a full grown rotweiler and doberman pincher (i dont think i spelled them right) and my little brothers and my little dog where in the backyard, the clostest thing in my reach happend to be an air pistol and i had to shoot the dogs about 6 times. i rellay didnt want to, but the dog put my family in danger. [no, the dogs didnt die]

sorry bout the off subjectness, i just wanted to say there are times when you do have no choice but to harm an animal. they are trying to pass a law in reno that you can not own a pitbull now.

sorry about the off topicness

Yikes! i dunno about that. Be careful, shooting a dog (or anything) with an air pistol could just piss it off.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #14
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

Yeah. It's a good thing i didn't get to see it. It would be so disgusting.
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

I feel bad about the snake. I seen snakes around the desert. Snakes can be dangerous at times, so I avoid them. The snake's death was cruel and the person is an idiot to kill that innocent snake.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:36 AM   #16
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

I haven't seen the pic, and that's probably a blessing. DA shouldn't have let him post it in the first place. What kind of sick person guts a snake and posts the end result on the internet?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #17
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

Why shold the person do that? Poor snake
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire
Thumbs down

Ugh. I didn't see the pic, but I feel really sorry for that snake... Deviant art shouldn't of let him post that.
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #19
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxClaire View Post
Ugh. I didn't see the pic, but I feel really sorry for that snake... Deviant art shouldn't of let him post that.

Deviant Art does NOT let people post depictions of actual animal abuse or torture. They permit pictures of hunting scenes, in which the animal has been killed quickly, but as Party Member pointed out, there is a HUGE difference in killing an animal as quickly and humanely as possible, in order to eat it, and making sure it dies a slow, agonizing death, just so you can photograph it and show off. I'm a hunter myself, and I'm far from being a vegan, but like most hunters, I hate to see anything suffer. I've known avid deer hunters actually risk their own lives to rescue deer that were trapped in quicksand, and not so they could kill them, either. True outdoorsmen(and women) feel a special something, that's hard to explain, with all of nature. Hunting is more about matching skills one-on-one with your quarry, than just about killing things. No matter how high-tech your weapons of choice might be, that alone is no match for millions of years of evolution, so real skill and knowledge is essential. It certainly is not about hating or fearing the animals you hunt! Nothing will make a hunter lose sleep worse than knowing you wounded an animal, and couldn't find it afterwards. The snake in the picture was killed out of fear and hate, not for food, or even as a means of matching human skill against animal instinct. Something else to keep in mind-the guy says he killed the snake to defend his little brother(wouldn't it have been quicker just to shove little brother out of the way? How long does it take to do THAT?), but 78% of the people who are bitten by venomous snakes in the US are bitten while trying to KILL THE SNAKE, so by killing it with anything other than a gun, you are putting your own life at risk!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #20
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Deviant Art does NOT let people post depictions of actual animal abuse or torture. They permit pictures of hunting scenes, in which the animal has been killed quickly, but as Party Member pointed out, there is a HUGE difference in killing an animal as quickly and humanely as possible, in order to eat it, and making sure it dies a slow, agonizing death, just so you can photograph it and show off. I'm a hunter myself, and I'm far from being a vegan, but like most hunters, I hate to see anything suffer. I've known avid deer hunters actually risk their own lives to rescue deer that were trapped in quicksand, and not so they could kill them, either. True outdoorsmen(and women) feel a special something, that's hard to explain, with all of nature. Hunting is more about matching skills one-on-one with your quarry, than just about killing things. No matter how high-tech your weapons of choice might be, that alone is no match for millions of years of evolution, so real skill and knowledge is essential. It certainly is not about hating or fearing the animals you hunt! Nothing will make a hunter lose sleep worse than knowing you wounded an animal, and couldn't find it afterwards. The snake in the picture was killed out of fear and hate, not for food, or even as a means of matching human skill against animal instinct. Something else to keep in mind-the guy says he killed the snake to defend his little brother(wouldn't it have been quicker just to shove little brother out of the way? How long does it take to do THAT?), but 78% of the people who are bitten by venomous snakes in the US are bitten while trying to KILL THE SNAKE, so by killing it with anything other than a gun, you are putting your own life at risk!

pitbulllady
As always, spot on PBL. Nature is the best, she's always been here and always will be.