Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I still think that Frankie comforting him and "boosting up" his broken ego at the end was very adorable.
Me too, hell if I was an egotistical, snaggling, and trash talking/playing basketball imaginary friend, any kind of encouraging words (followed by a tap on the end) by Frankie would get me to turn good...or jump through hoops of fire!

Fowl Larry was a nice foil to Wilt seeing as how he was designed specifically to be a Basketball opponent. Like I said in my review of the movie however, I just think Larry's reform was way too soon and seemed kinda thrown in at the last minute.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #12
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I don't understand why he came to Foster's? That was so random and weird. At first he was all telling Wilt he's a loser and tried to beat the snot out of him during their game but then he's nice and gentle? Where did that come from?! I mean, he was really, really nasty. It seemed so out of place.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 11-26-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I'm still trying to figure out Foul Larry myself. It' s not that I cannot buy into someone changing, just not that FAST, especially when that were CREATED to be that way, as opposed to having become mean and dishonest because of experiences in life. It would also be interesting to know just WHERE Larry was living at the time Wilt contacted him via the telephone. I got the impression that he'd long since been abandoned by his creator and was living on the streets(he certainly looked like a homeless street person when we first see him), but then, how would Wilt be able to call him on the phone?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm not sure it was a change. Maybe his other side was there all along, and he simply let his guard down.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #15
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

And what happened then? Well, on That Scary Basketball Court they say, that Foul Larry's small heart grew three sizes that day.

(Sorry I had to do it, I just had to. )

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #16
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

The Grinch reference. XDD

I have NO IDEA of how Wilt's heart fits in his body, since it's "As big as his smile". XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Oh, Imaginaries can change pretty darn fast. Look at what Red was created to do - smash Bloo. And did he ever? No, he didn't. So Foul Larry was created to whoop Wilt's behind, he did it not just once but twice. But he himself knowing the pain of loosing his own creator probably helped stoak the fires with his battle against Wilt. But seeing that an imaginary and it's creator CAN reconcile probably did a lot for the big lug. Me, I'm happy Larry is in Fosters, even if we probably will never see him again. He might have been created to be the bad guy of the movie, but I've always had a thing for bad guys. Plus I adore his voice.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #18
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Oh, Imaginaries can change pretty darn fast. Look at what Red was created to do - smash Bloo. And did he ever? No, he didn't.
Yeah but Red was pretty much an idiot and we at least got more or less, a whole episode to see him change rather then the like 10 minutes Larry changed after being a bad guy for 30 years.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #19
BabyElephant
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Yeah but Red was pretty much an idiot and we at least got more or less, a whole episode to see him change rather then the like 10 minutes Larry changed after being a bad guy for 30 years.
Also, Red's creator isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Terrence probably just messed up and imagined him as nice without meaning to.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
When I first saw the previews, I said to my self, they are so going to call that character "Larry" after 70's basketball icon Larry Bird.
Bird was a 1980's basketball star. Julius Erving ruled the 1970's.

Interesting choice of a name, Bird=Fowl=Foul... Larry? That's probably stretching it.
The name is an obvious homage to Larry Bird (as already pointed out), who was one of Michael Jordan's first foils. Foul Larry played more like one of the rough and tumble "Bad Boys" Detroit Pistons (Bill Lambier, Jeff Ruland, Rick Mahorn), Jordan's most notable rivals.

Foul Larry had a pretty nice shooting form.

Interesting that his creator seemed to be the only white kid in the neighborhood.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote