Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #1921
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I never used briefcase nor my Flickr account, which they recently downgraded from Pro to whatever they call the lower level. Kind of annoyed me at the time, even though it wasn't being used. Makes me wonder what's going to get dropped next, or if they're planning to raise the monthly charge on what's left.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #1922
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Briefcase was handy, you could save text documents and even powerpoint documents, and as long as the computer had internet connection and the program the document needs to open, you could open it from really any computer. I got a lot of use out of it.

I too am worried if they're going to start charging for things that were formally free. Like Toolbar, I NEED toolbar! Other than that and mail though, I hardly use any of Yahoo's features any more.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #1923
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Email and news for me. Sometimes I read reviews of local restaurants. I used to use their search engine until they dropped Yahoo Pictures in favor of Flickr, which loaded slower and was otherwise irritating to deal with. I get more and better results with Google.

Last night we had a dusting of new snow on the ground. Now it's up to about ten inches of the white crap. I'm sick of winter.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #1924
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

My dad is being a jerk. Man, I hate being home alone with him.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #1925
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I will never fly with Spirit Airlines:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123604492886515417.html

Yeah, let's use the tactics of deception and squeeze the customers for all they've got! Any wonder the economy is in the toilet.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #1926
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I'll admit this part of the article made me laugh.

Quote:
Rival airlines aren't expected to follow Spirit's boundary-stretching usage fee -- unless it proves to be a successful revenue generator.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #1927
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post

Yeah, let's use the tactics of deception and squeeze the customers for all they've got! Any wonder the economy is in the toilet.
They don't know the meaning of a recession. I doubt it will be very successful.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #1928
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Parking tickets.

I got not one, but two today for parking on the street next to my college that houses all the campus apartments (which, by the way, has cars parked up and down the whole street, all day, every day). I was parked in a spot that I just happen to see occupied every day whenever I'm driving up the road to get to the light to go home. Well, I guess an officer came by my truck at 11:09 am this morning, wrote a ticket for parking in a "no standing or parking" zone (where that sign is located anywhere near where I parked, I have no idea). Then another officer came by at 11:42 am, didn't notice the ticket already on my windshield, and stuck one in my window.

So, yeah, I made a mistake. I get that. I would have just paid the $25...whatever. But now it's $50? Because two officers came by, and the second one didn't happen to notice the ticket already there? I'm poor and a college student...I don't have $50 to just throw aorund. I guess that's the part that just really grinds my gears.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #1929
L.G.
Melvineer

Sometimes my Nokia cell phone from Cingular (before AT&T and Cingular merged) goes mute after I dial a number...not even a dial tone even is heard, but the receiving end can hear me normally. Unfortunately, I have to redial so I can hear them. What the deuce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post

Makes me wish we had a better national rail system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
Parking tickets.

I got not one, but two today for parking on the street next to my college that houses all the campus apartments (which, by the way, has cars parked up and down the whole street, all day, every day). I was parked in a spot that I just happen to see occupied every day whenever I'm driving up the road to get to the light to go home. Well, I guess an officer came by my truck at 11:09 am this morning, wrote a ticket for parking in a "no standing or parking" zone (where that sign is located anywhere near where I parked, I have no idea). Then another officer came by at 11:42 am, didn't notice the ticket already on my windshield, and stuck one in my window.

So, yeah, I made a mistake. I get that. I would have just paid the $25...whatever. But now it's $50? Because two officers came by, and the second one didn't happen to notice the ticket already there? I'm poor and a college student...I don't have $50 to just throw aorund. I guess that's the part that just really grinds my gears.
Pay the second ticket in nickels, dimes, and quarters only. By law, they can only refuse a large quantity of pennies.

Last edited by L.G.; 03-05-2009 at 12:21 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #1930
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Pay the second ticket in nickels, dimes, and quarters only. By law, they can only refuse a large quantity of pennies.
Hahaha! Now that'd be amusing. Nah, turns out now, after talking to an officer at the court office, I should only have to pay one of the tickets. I just have to go to the court tomorrow during their operating hours and talk to the court officer about it.

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 03-05-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote