Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #181
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
ok, well i thought it was pretty good, had enough funny scenes in it, both sides got equal air time, and they let wilt keep character while trying to find his opponet.

what i didnt like, though, was not only that they didnt show who created coco, but that they had her "discovered" by some nerds. and what i dont get is, if they are studying her, why is she in fosters and not with them at the lab or whatever? maybe she ran away or something.

i also dont like the ending much, because i dont like seeing someone thats been evil for somewhere around 30 years just turning good in 5 minuites. and now that they are there, id better see more of larry and stats and those other basketball guys. thats what im looking forward to.

btw, i wanted to comment on one of my favorite sceenes, the part at the bus stop. i thought it had some great parts to it, along with a few quotes that stick to my head. "everything wants to belong to something, right?"

i like how coco was like the mother to those nerds. probably my favorite thing in the movie. i gave it an A
Apparently, even though Imaginary Friends do not have the same rights that we humans do, they cannot be used as "lab rats", either. If Coco did not want to remain with Douglas and Adam, she didn't have to. They probably realized after awhile that she WAS an IF, and realized that the best place for her would be with a family that has kids, and barring that situation, an adoption home where she could be cared for and given a chance to find a family. They could still study her and follow her progress, regardless of where she was. They may be nerds/geeks, but they are not insensitive or ignorant when it comes to Coco. Besides, Adam probably got tired of having this odd-looking second "mother" around all the time, telling him what to wear, etc.

I personally would hope that Larry gets adopted ASAP, as Frankie thought he would. I don't hate him, but I find it very hard to believe that all his animosity towards Wilt, and vice versa, is just gonna disappear, just like that. Wilt may act more civilized of the two, but it has GOT to be painful to have to look at the one who left him in that physical condition and tried to kill both him AND his kid, every morning at the breakfast table. As good-natured and forgiving as Wilt is, he still would have difficulty dealing with THAT. Plus, both of them are highly competitive, and they take competition far more seriously than most, for whom it's just fun. It would be kinda tense, to say the least-like having two big male Pit Bulls running loose in the house, who've already gotten in a couple of bad "scraps". Sooner or later, one is gonna say the wrong thing or do something the other finds objectionable, and it's gonna be on...and I DON'T mean on the basketball court!

pitbulllady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Yeah I try not to be TOO realistic. It is a cartoon after all. I'm not condensending it; just stating facts. Foster's goes against alot of laws physically and everything else. Not everything has to be 100% correct to the letter.

Besides, here's something I thought of. Given we've finally seen what the information on the Foster's website looks like from the movie; it clearly states where the friend was created, what year, and who by. Don't you think that once the information becomes available on Wilt that he was created by Jordan Michael he just might be adopted sooner then later? I mean, little kids who idolise their sports stars like to get any if everything they do. But imagine actually being a little kid who likes playing basketball and wanting to improve their game, learning that the imaginary friend of THE Jordan Michael is up for adoption? It's just an idea.
I thought about that, too. I mean, Wilt WAS created by a celebrity, and as such, he basically is genetically related to that person(as if their behavior and speech patterns doesn't bear that out, in spite of having been separated for 30 years). That would seem to make him a hot commodity among kids and even celebrity groupie types who would go so far as to pretend to have kids just to adopt him(hey...that's a thought...). It would be like owning a car that once belonged to a movie star or something. I guess as long as Wilt has been there, though, he must have SOME say-so in who adopts him, and I guess if it just doesn't "feel" right, he has the right to decline. It's not like he is a lot of trouble(unlike certain other IF's)-far from it. Frankie would have to hire somebody from the outside and pay them to do as much for her as Wilt does around the house. Wilt, I guess, would know better than anyone if the kid wanting to adopt him is sincere, and really NEEDS him, as opposed to just wanting him because he was created by a big-time celebrity. They may go with a different thing altogether, like having him volunteer to coach basketball for at-risk kids(who will probably think they're at boot camp, if his coaching is anything like that performance in the end credits, lol). That way, he can still find his niche helping kids that really do need someone like him, and be able to stay at Foster's at the same time.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 11-26-2006 at 06:11 PM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #182
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Wilt, I guess, would know better than anyone if the kid wanting to adopt him is sincere, and really NEEDS him, as opposed to just wanting him because he was created by a big-time celebrity. They may go with a different thing altogether, like having him volunteer to coach basketball for at-risk kids(who will probably think they're at boot camp, if his coaching is anything like that performance in the end credits, lol). That way, he can still find his niche helping kids that really do need someone like him, and be able to stay at Foster's at the same time.
That's a nice thought, but Wilt seems pretty intent on the idea of getting just one child to look after and that's it. Don't get me wrong, he might like coaching some kids but I think his heart is really set on being adopted and going home with a kid. He said so himself, it's what he wants. He even turned down going back with Jordan, who he obviously missed a lot.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #183
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

I was out of town for thanksgiving and was not able to see Good Wilt Hunting until just a few hours ago (of course I taped it).

I gave it a "B". Now, that's not to say I didn't really enjoy it, I thouroughly enjoyed it. Foster's is a show that sets a high bar in entertainment value. I rate only a few episodes as "A"s (four off the top of my head). Good Wilt Hunting is easily one of the top ten episodes I've seen. So that "B" is a very high one.
Eh, now that I think about it, maybe I ought to give it an "A", because I love basketball. Can't change my vote in the poll, but consider me an honorary "A" giver if you will. Please?

That said, I'll give my thoughts...

- I appreciated all of the references, whether they were simple, stupid, or not-too-obvious. Hitchhiker's Guide, Khaki Jones, Larry...
- The story was nice and not too predictable. Wilt's backstory was pretty interesting.
- Basketball, there was lots of it and I loved that. I wish there was more, but I'll take what I can get. Bonus! the ABA ball makes an appearance...
- Wilt's creator dissapointed me a little, simply because of his name. Surely the writers could have done better than "Jordan Michaels". Yes, I know kids will get the reference more easily than "Gilmore Artis" or something, but still. Perhaps Wilt's namesake's greatest rival would have been a better inspiration for his creator's name, something like "Russell Williams".
- Best moment for me may have been when Wilt opened his bundle to reveal a red, white, and blue ABA basketball.
- Lots of Frankie, which was nice. I liked the running gags with the parking tickets, the noise, and the urgency. All classic Frankie moments.

So, one complaint?

Great episode, glad my VCR worked.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #184
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

This is pretty much all a spoiler, haha.

I really loved this movie. I didn't get to see it until Sunday morning, so I was nearly going crazy by then. And Saturday morning, I went with my grandparents (and other people) to go out for breakfast, and this movie was playing at the cafe's tv! I was just dying in my seat, knowing that the movie was only ten feet from me and I still couldn't watch it, haha. But anyway, I was pretty satisfied. We finally know what happened to Wilt's arm and eye, and we know of his creator's whereabouts!

So I'll just jump right in to what I liked and what I didn't like. I really did like Eduardo's creator, and I'm glad she had a flashback to when she created him. I just thought they were both so cute! And Nina Barbarosa is just the coolest name ever. She and Eduardo were a really great pair! Oh, and I just loved the pink family, the mom, dad, and daughter. They really cracked me up, how they were just crying about everything. Like Frankie answers the door, and the lady is crying because she just "loves getting visitors!" That was the best. And the little girl and her pink bear's reunion was just so adorable. And each time Wilt missed his bus I would be writhing around in my seat... I was just saying "Darn you! Think about yourself for once!" lol. That old man with the farm was pretty funny though. I felt sorry for Wilt having to process all that hay! Well at least he got that groovy lawn mower!

I was really disappointed at the length of the movie. Didin't KND get an hour and a half? FHFIF really need some more time. The plot was great, and an hour long was definately not enough to squeeze it all in. It just seemed really rushed near the end. When Bllo and Mac have thier epiphany in knowing where Wilt is, all I heard was "Blahblahblah JAPAN!" I was like "What?" And near the end where Wilt's creator is there, Bloo and Mac explain it so fast I couldn't really understand them. It was easier to understand in my second viewing. Now don't get me wrong man, I really loved this movie, but I feel that Foster's needed more time for the movie than just an hour. It jumped around alot and skipped as well. But other than this, the movie was really enjoyable. I was just a little mad at Wilt for leaving his boy like that, without even knowing if he was unwanted or not. Darn you! Dawwwww but I love him.

And Coco's nerdy profeser people were funny. The large one reminded me of the comic book guy on The Simpson's. And the skinny one was exactly like Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory. Thier vision of Franky cracks me up. Oh, and Jackie Khones is wonderful by the way. Even though he got like one line.

So ANYWAY, Good Wilt Hunting really was worth the wait and excitement. We love you wilt!

Last edited by basilsunshine; 11-27-2006 at 03:51 PM.
basilsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #185
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsunshine View Post
This is pretty much all a spoiler, haha.

I really loved this movie. I didn't get to see it until Sunday morning, so I was nearly going crazy by then. And Saturday morning, I went with my grandparents (and other people) to go out for breakfast, and this movie was playing at the cafe's tv! I was just dying in my seat, knowing that the movie was only ten feet from me and I still couldn't watch it, haha. But anyway, I was pretty satisfied. We finally know what happened to Wilt's arm and eye, and we know of his creator's whereabouts!

So I'll just jump right in to what I liked and what I didn't like. I really did like Eduardo's creator, and I'm glad she had a flashback to when she created him. I just thought they were both so cute! And Nina Barbarosa is just the coolest name ever. She and Eduardo were a really great pair! Oh, and I just loved the pink family, the mom, dad, and daughter. They really cracked me up, how they were just crying about everything. Like Frankie answers the door, and the lady is crying because she just "loves getting visitors!" That was the best. And the little girl and her pink bear's reunion was just so adorable. And each time Wilt missed his bus I would be writhing around in my seat... I was just saying "Darn you! Think about yourself for once!" lol. That old man with the farm was pretty funny though. I felt sorry for Wilt having to process all that hay! Well at least he got that groovy lawn mower!

I was really disappointed at the length of the movie. Didin't KND get an hour and a half? FHFIF really need some more time. The plot was great, and an hour long was definately not enough to squeeze it all in. It just seemed really rushed near the end. When Bllo and Mac have thier epiphany in knowing where Wilt is, all I heard was "Blahblahblah JAPAN!" I was like "What?" And near the end where Wilt's creator is there, Bloo and Mac explain it so fast I couldn't really understand them. It was easier to understand in my second viewing. Now don't get me wrong man, I really loved this movie, but I feel that Foster's needed more time for the movie than just an hour. It jumped around alot and skipped as well. But other than this, the movie was really enjoyable. I was just a little mad at Wilt for leaving his boy like that, without even knowing if he was unwanted or not. Darn you! Dawwwww but I love him.

And Coco's nerdy profeser people were funny. The large one reminded me of the comic book guy on The Simpson's. And the skinny one was exactly like Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory. Thier vision of Franky cracks me up. Oh, and Jackie Khones is wonderful by the way. Even though he got like one line.

So ANYWAY, Good Wilt Hunting really was worth the wait and excitement. We love you wilt!
I really wish it were longer, too-the more Wilt, the happier I am. Still, you can't be mad at Wilt for leaving Jordan. It's not like he did it to hurt the kid; in fact, HE was seriously injured, physically and emotionally. He knew how much winning that game meant to Jordan, or at least, he THOUGHT he did. It was a far greater hurt for him to believe that he'd let Jordan down, and he was too ashamed to face him after that. He naturally assumed that Jordan would hate him and want nothing to do with him, and that's why he left. Jordan, meanwhile, unknown to Wilt, blamed HIMSELF for Wilt getting hurt and running away, not knowing the real reason why Wilt left. Most likely, he assumed that Wilt simply went off somewhere and died, like an old or badly injured animal. As it turned out, having Wilt as a friend and mentor meant more to Jordan than beating "Foul Larry" and his creator.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #186
basilsunshine
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I really wish it were longer, too-the more Wilt, the happier I am. Still, you can't be mad at Wilt for leaving Jordan. It's not like he did it to hurt the kid; in fact, HE was seriously injured, physically and emotionally. He knew how much winning that game meant to Jordan, or at least, he THOUGHT he did. It was a far greater hurt for him to believe that he'd let Jordan down, and he was too ashamed to face him after that. He naturally assumed that Jordan would hate him and want nothing to do with him, and that's why he left. Jordan, meanwhile, unknown to Wilt, blamed HIMSELF for Wilt getting hurt and running away, not knowing the real reason why Wilt left. Most likely, he assumed that Wilt simply went off somewhere and died, like an old or badly injured animal. As it turned out, having Wilt as a friend and mentor meant more to Jordan than beating "Foul Larry" and his creator.

pitbulllady
Well it makes much more sense when you say it, :bloogrin . I guess I just have to look into things like this a litte more...if that makes any sense.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #187
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

basil,the reason you were reminded of Mandark is because it was the same voice actor.
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #188
basilsunshine
Settling In

Haha, so that's why! I'm so glad he's still in the voiuce acting biz then. I love that guy. Mandark is grreat.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #189
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

Wait a minute,I didn't see Dutchess's creator at the reunion,I wonder what happened to him/her.
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #190
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornwhistle View Post
Wait a minute,I didn't see Dutchess's creator at the reunion,I wonder what happened to him/her.
That's one creator I really wanted to meet. He/she's got some explainin' to do...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote