Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #1881
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

In theaters: UP

Pixar does it again with another movie that is made up of 100% pure grade A awesomeness, this film has everything: Ed Asner, beautiful animation, a great soundtrack, Ed Asner, a wonderful story, Ed Asner, great acting, Ed Asner, terrific story, Ed Asner, some of the most touching scenes I've ever seen in any kind of motion picture animated or live action...did I mention Ed Asner?

So all in all a great film, which joins Coraline in the top spot of animated movie of the year.

*Speaking of which I hope that next year Up, Coraline and the upcoming Princess and The Frog all get nominated at the Oscar's so we can find out once and for all which style of animation truly reigns supreme: CG, Stop Motion or Hand Drawn. Now that would be a showdown for the ages.

On DVD: Adventures in Babysitting

I used to love this movie back when I was a kid and would rent it every other week, looking back I can understand why I liked it so much I mean hearing profanity in a PG 13 was kind of a thrill to a youngster, but now a days with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia taken off I can say with all honesty that while yes it does have it's moments the movie wasn't as great as I remembered it, still it is a nice reminder that wonderful decade the 1980's where men were men and women were women and dances about safety were popular for some reason.

Last edited by taranchula; 06-16-2009 at 04:46 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #1882
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

It had been MANY years since I had last seen ANY of the Terminator movies with the exception of the 3rd one which was oddly enough, the only one I did own. After seeing "Salvation" which wasn't as good as I had hoped, I guess the Terminator urge got me and I had a pressing desire to resee all 3 of the movies again. I seriously needed to want to re-see both the first and second movies.

So I bought em and re-watched them and just got finished watching T2 and boy was it SO much better then I remembered. A lot of surprising faces i completely had forgotten about that were in here and so much drama and intensity I had long since forgotten. T-000 was bad ass as usual but I was really impressed with Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor here.

She was good but not great in my opinion but she really picked up the pace this time around and gave a truly incredible performance. I man it was FREAKING LONG I had no idea the movie at such a long running time, however it was definitely as grim and depressing as I remember. Neither T1 or T3 left me feeling as crappily as T2 did but overall it was a spectacular movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #1883
Bloo4Ever
Settling In

We Hardly Knew Ye...  

The Dark Knight!!!

I am probably the last person in the U.S to see this movie, 11 months after it's release date, but wow! This movie enthralled me to a point of no return. The late, great Heath Ledger's performance was the most remarkable I've ever seen (May he rest in peace ) I almost went insane as he was after seeing The Joker's performance, as it captivated and took over my entire mind.

At first, I had no idea what to make of this movie at all. I was in the most utter sense, perplexed at it's magnificence and in complete disbelief to the amount of awesomeness I just witnessed. The story has been told before many times, and ultimatum that were tossed in this movie have also been shown in the past through other shows I have watched (except for the ferry one with the civilians and the criminals, I admit, that was awesome )

The Joker's ability to perceive and react to Gordan's and Batman demonstrated his inner genius and abrupt Mephistopheles like demeanor.And the opening heist scene was the greatest one in criminal syndicate, fiction or non-fiction, that has ever been recorded. Even the people in the Oceans trilogy would be impressed to a level of no bounds! This entire films was treaded with The Joker and actions, that truly made the film.

I can go on and on about this infallible film, but granted the fact that you guys have probably seen it, I won't But again, wow!

Cheese: I have braces.
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.

Imagination Never Dies...But if it did, the date would be May 3, 2009
Bloo4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #1884
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Talk about kicking it up a notch for a sequel, this was freaking AWESOME!!! I was completely and literally blown away by this movie, if you thought the first was hectic and filled with crazy, eye popping robot battles that smash across cities like tissue paper then you haven't seen anything yet. This movie was ridiculous and yet it was powerful, dramatic, intense and it never let up.

There are truck loads of new robots, both Autobots and Decepticons and it is quite a challenge to keep track of all the new ones and keep your wits about you in this frenzied movie. Megan Fox is dripping with even more sexual tension and temptation than before and Shia is fantastic as he always has been. His parents have much bigger roles this time around and they are hilarious onscreen.

The villains are featured much more prominently, Optimus Prime is still the biggest robot bad ass on screen and I absolutely LOVED the mind blowing battle sequences. Only beef I had was not enough development of all the new robots and there is A LOT of them so be warned they come and go very quickly. If anyone here has the means to see it in IMAX, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Its so much better in terms of size and the beautiful visuals it provides for the battle scenes, not to mention you get to see 7-8 minutes of footage not released in traditional theaters. Awesome movie, fantastic, totally loved it!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #1885
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Anyone here like monster movies? I luv 'em, and the cheaper they are, the better! When I say 'cheap' the budget is one factor; but if I see a nylon string attached to the jaw of a giant spider, or the guy assisting a creature out of it's cave gets caught in the shot (and it does not wind up up on the cutting floor) - that is what I like. I have been getting into these old creature movies from the '30's thru the early 60's lately. A good example of this was "It Conquered the World." It starred a young Peter Graves, and the movie is campy as hell - it was great! Check out the trailer on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOM0B...:frankiesmile:
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #1886
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Star Trek

Saw it in the local theater two weeks ago and forgot to mention it. Oops.
Anyway, the movie is an "alternate universe" story; it breaks from canon right at the start and never looks back. Star Trek can get away with this kind of thing, courtesy of the magic of time travel; most other series just end up making themselves and their writers look bad when they try it. Not in this case, though. We were promised action, and there's plenty of that, more than in any of the previous Trek movies. Seeing the crew portrayed by different actors, that was a little jarring at first and took some getting used to but they did a great job in recreating the original characters... although I think Captain Kirk came off as more of a jerk than before. Then again that might be expected, considering that the circumstances of his childhood were altered right from birth. There were some poignant moments as well, largely centered on Mr. Spock. "I am, and shall always be, your friend". One of the most beautiful, moving lines from any movie if you ask me. I won't bother posting any plot details or anything else that might require spoilers; I'll just give it a four-star rating and a big thumbs up. If you're a Trekkie or even just a passing fan, you don't want to miss this one.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #1887
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I just watched Enchanted and it put me in such a good mood. I've been meaning to see it after I heard such good things about it and I'm really happy I did. I wish I could be Giselle.

And Susan Sarandon? Pretty badass as Queen Narissa. And James Marsden as Prince Edward almost made the movie.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1888
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

The Hangover. Crude, vulgar, incorrect on so many levels and downright hilarious.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #1889
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Legend of the Hell House with Roddy McDowell (DVD).

Last edited by Howard; 07-03-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #1890
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Yeah, I know, it's probably futile getting hung up on that title, when the first Ice Age was hardly what you'd call historically accurate - given that, (among other things) woolly mammoths and sabre-toothed cats didn't even exist within the same time period and all. All the same, I found myself asking an awful lot of questions throughout which I probably shouldn't have. First and foremost, why on earth would an opossum from the prehistoric ages even know what "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" is? Possibly not the most apt pop culture reference I've ever seen.

I saw this one in regular old 2D (so to speak), since that was all that my budget would presently allow - unfortunately, I strongly suspect that the assumption that most audiences would see it in 3D was the major driving umph behind this particular instalment. Many of the individual action sequences are staged neatly enough, and the change in environs naturally enables a much larger palette than the films that preceded it, but there's really only the bare minimum in terms of story composition. What little there is is basically an excuse to get the characters moving from perilous set-piece to perilous set-piece, which perhaps works a lot better if you have the added thrill of 3D vision, but which on its own doesn't make for particularly entertaining viewing. It doesn't help that a lot of the more suggestive humour seems really forced this time around.

Of course, the Ice Age movies have never been particularly big on plot, or on originality for that matter. It's not what sells them, so fair enough. We all know that those mammoth-tiger-sloth escapades are really just there to fill in the gaps between that little squirrel's appearances, which are as enjoyable as ever, assisted no end by the addition of the very foxy Scratte, who's more than a worthy match for her male counterpart and gets my full vote of approval.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 07-06-2009 at 04:15 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote