Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #1801
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Someone calling itself "Winxmage" added my avatar to his/her Photobucket album. Might've been nice to be given credit for making it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 AM   #1802
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Someone calling itself "Winxmage" added my avatar to his/her Photobucket album. Might've been nice to be given credit for making it.
I know what ya mean. I have seen people do that with my drawings (my own characters), and not even nodding their head in my direction. I gave up trying, because it does not stop anyway - ask the big boys of cartoons and cartooning.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #1803
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Dear Seattle Snobs,

Go ahead, try to bully me and pressure me to go faster all you want, all you with your four-wheel drive and/or snow tires and/or chains. I am not going any faster with this amount of snow and ice on the road! And just so you know, there are few things in the world that gives me more pleasure than seeing you spin out into the ditch moments after passing me in an impatient fit. () Doesn't matter that it took me three hours to get home when it usually takes me only 20 minutes. At least I arrived home in one piece, with a working car, with no less money in my bank account due to a tow truck or a raise in insurance costs. And so did those who kept a safe distance behind me. Who's the smart one now??

With absolutely no regards,
Lynn
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #1804
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

My mom hates most Seattle and Portland drivers. Even people down here are crazy at times, whether the roads are bare or not.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #1805
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Dear Seattle Snobs,

Go ahead, try to bully me and pressure me to go faster all you want, all you with your four-wheel drive and/or snow tires and/or chains. I am not going any faster with this amount of snow and ice on the road! And just so you know, there are few things in the world that gives me more pleasure than seeing you spin out into the ditch moments after passing me in an impatient fit. () Doesn't matter that it took me three hours to get home when it usually takes me only 20 minutes. At least I arrived home in one piece, with a working car, with no less money in my bank account due to a tow truck or a raise in insurance costs. And so did those who kept a safe distance behind me. Who's the smart one now??

With absolutely no regards,
Lynn

You need to come down to AZ and experience the driving. AZ drivers got both Seattle and Portland beat in both danger and rudeness. They are worse than New Yorkers (the 5 bouroughs folk). DPS (AZ Highway Patrol) says 9 out of 10 "zonies" pack a firearm in their car. While I am the 1%, those statistics scare me.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #1806
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I wasn't so much complaining about the drivers up here as I was just their arrogance. I've lived all over the country, and the drivers up here aren't actually all that bad. LA and Houston I think are the two worst that I've experienced. It's just there's so much money up here, and more than not, people with it are very snobby. And they actually don't mind using and abusing those who aren't so fortunate. Those of us without four-wheel drive or snow tires have to go slower if we want to stay safe, and we need to wait longer to merge into another lane or turn a corner, because we don't want to have to hurry in order to beat any other cars that may be coming. People with four-wheel drive or snow tires will just pass us when we're waiting for a break long enough where we'll feel safe, and can make us wait even longer to merge or turn onto another street. Not to mention scare the daylights out of us. That's what ticks me off.

It's still pretty funny when I see one of these snobs wipe out shortly after rushing by me. I've seen it a number of times, and each time I yell out "HA!!" Hee hee
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #1807
L.G.
Melvineer

On a flight back to Baltimore, a kid was seated behind me and would give a few kicks to the back of my seat before her mom told her to stop. Several times, I was about to tell the kid myself to quit it, but the mother always got her kid to stop (if only for a few moments) before I had a chance to say something. This pattern continued until our plane was ready to takeoff. Then the kid stopped for good. The kicker? The mom and the child spoke Spanish. How do you say "stop" in Spanish, 'alto'?
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #1808
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

I can't be in the same room that my dad is in without him being a total jerk.

I've said before that I'm not a morning person. My dad yells at me because of it.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #1809
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Morning isn't my favorite time of day, either.

The heat in my apartment has been erratic, at best, since management saw fit to install new thermostats a couple of months ago. It isn't working at all right now; I have it set for 75 degrees, which is as high as it will go (the old thermostats went higher), but the thermometer says the temperature is only 70. It's dropping, too; an hour or so ago it said 71 degrees. Over the past several weeks I've periodically had to heat my apartment with the stove. It's not just me, either; I've heard similar complaints from some of the other residents. I'm calling the Housing Authority about this on Monday, and I'll be calling everybody else I can think of as well. Monday will also mark the 2-week anniversary of when I called management to let them know that the front door is broken again. Nothing has been done about it. The door lock keeps getting broken because stupid people live here; they forget their keys or lose them, and some want to make sure that their nonresident friends can come and go as they please. Turns out that two other entrances have busted locking mechanisms as well. Hey, can't leave the local thugs out in the cold, right? Yeah, not that it's all that warm in here.

Any wonder the rent here is fairly cheap. This used to be a nice place to live but thanks to a lazy, useless maintainance guy and an uncaring management company, not to mention a number of brainless and inconsiderate residents, this building has become a sad joke. I think it's time for me to start hunting for a new place to live. I may not be much but I deserve better than this. Enough is enough.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #1810
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Being ill.