Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #1791
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You should have said, "Everyone I've met from Delaware has been a stuck up snob." That is the only correct statement here. Unless you have honestly met more than half the population of the entire state and every one has been a snob. Only then would it be most.

Something brand new breaking down sucks.

Last edited by Sparky; 12-11-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #1792
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You should have said, "Everyone I've met from Delaware has been a stuck up snob." That is the only correct statement here. Unless you have honestly met more than half the population of the entire state and every one has been a snob. Only then would it be most.
I understand now. I only meant the people I've met from there.

Quote:
Something brand new breaking down sucks.
Yes, it does, especially when it cost a lot of money, too.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #1793
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Repeatedly being asked for money. I have told people in this building "NO" repeatedly but a few of them don't seem to understand the word. I know what they want it for, too; booze and tobacco. I don't care if they want to smoke and drink, they're perfectly legal activities, but I am not going to pay for one habit so they can indulge in the other. Learn to budget your money, people; it's not my problem.
If they can't afford to do any of those things, they should quit doing them.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #1794
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I get off at 8 pm, and come in at 4 the next morning. Even if I fall asleep the minute I clock out, I won't get a full 8 hours of sleep. I'll likely not even be coming online on Sunday, unless I want to get up early, which is already hard to do on a Sunday.
Ok, scratch that. My schedule has changed. I now come in at 10 on Monday instead of 4. I'm still not happy about working on Sunday, but at least I should get enough sleep on Sunday night.

On a related note, I work late shifts all next week. Not too big a deal except that I'm so use to the early shifts and I'm going to feel out of whack. Blech, working in retail at Christmas time is so much fun.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #1795
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
If they can't afford to do any of those things, they should quit doing them.
Unfortunately alcohol and tobacco are addictive so quitting far from easy, and frankly I'm not sure any of them want to or even care. If I had to pick, I'd rather they give up alcohol; as I've mentioned more than once, the guy across the hall from me drinks, cooks while drunk, and the fire department is very tired of having to come out here because of him. I think management is going to start passing along the false alarm fees to him, which will result in more begging, and more drinking as he laments his situation. Eventually there's going to be a bad fire over there and someone could get killed. We have gas ovens here, too, so some days I feel like I'm living across the hall from a time bomb.

The saddest part is that he's a really nice guy, even when he's tanked, which seems to be about half the time. Can't say that about the rest of the motley assortment of people who hang out at his place. There's a lot of arguing that goes on over there; from what I heard it's mostly about sex and money (the two Great Obsessions of modern America), plus a fair bit about drinking. My favorite is the one where they all yell at each other about how all the yelling is making them look like idiots. Not much I can do except live with it. That, and keep my valuables near a window in case I have to jump.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #1796
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Unfortunately alcohol and tobacco are addictive so quitting far from easy, and frankly I'm not sure any of them want to or even care. If I had to pick, I'd rather they give up alcohol; as I've mentioned more than once, the guy across the hall from me drinks, cooks while drunk, and the fire department is very tired of having to come out here because of him. I think management is going to start passing along the false alarm fees to him, which will result in more begging, and more drinking as he laments his situation. Eventually there's going to be a bad fire over there and someone could get killed. We have gas ovens here, too, so some days I feel like I'm living across the hall from a time bomb.

The saddest part is that he's a really nice guy, even when he's tanked, which seems to be about half the time. Can't say that about the rest of the motley assortment of people who hang out at his place. There's a lot of arguing that goes on over there; from what I heard it's mostly about sex and money (the two Great Obsessions of modern America), plus a fair bit about drinking. My favorite is the one where they all yell at each other about how all the yelling is making them look like idiots. Not much I can do except live with it. That, and keep my valuables near a window in case I have to jump.
Yeah, I realize it's not that simple to just quit. I've lost relatives to tobacco-related habits; it was hard to see the last days of my late maternal grandmother years ago. As for the booze, yes, I can see why you'd want the guy to break the habit.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #1797
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Yeah, I realize it's not that simple to just quit. I've lost relatives to tobacco-related habits; it was hard to see the last days of my late maternal grandmother years ago. As for the booze, yes, I can see why you'd want the guy to break the habit.
First of all, Hi there ORD!

Just to let you know (I am sure Cass does too), but I happen to be a "friend of Bill W." I do not mind breaking my anonymity once in awhile. I was like Cass's neighbor. I always had to have a drink 24/7 = 31. It got to the point my friends (if you want to call them that) did not want to drink with me anymore. I cared less of all the lives I wrecked in the wake of my alcoholism. I hated everyone, and by God - I was going to let them know! Even the ones who did care about me.

Well I have been sober 15 years, and I sponsor people, and still attend meetings. The smoking followed four years after I got sober, and now I have 11 years.

So I guess what ticks me off is the disease (not the person affected) of alcoholism and addiction.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #1798
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
the guy across the hall from me drinks, cooks while drunk, and the fire department is very tired of having to come out here because of him.
sounds like the restaurant i work at tell him its much better to get paid to cook while shnockered
Old 12-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #1799
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Corporate double speak. I will give you an example: "Through this tough economy, we are still a strong corporation; it is nice to know your investments are safe with us. To remain competative, our leadership team will be looking at ways to cut expenses without eliminating our imortant resources."

They just cut 100 managers at VP level and above. I am in a VP position - but in an important department. I am still not going to trust it; I do have fear, and I am trying to make my department shine.

I have a funny feeling they will be having yet another rounds of layoffs for subordinates as well. Those are the ones I am concerned for, let alone my own neck.

I have the corporate greed on Wall Street to thank - always about the almighty dollar, no matter how they get it.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #1800
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Stuffy admins. (none of you guys)