Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #171
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I was thinking about the eye thing too. Eyes aren't that strong though, and Wilt's have no skull for protection. They're just squishy balls of eye on stalks. Basketballs can be pretty hard, and I bet if Larry through one at your face you'd get some whiplash. At a bare eye? It's not so crazy.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #172
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Eyes on a human and an imaginary friend can be very different. And besides, doesn't this mean that in the show at anytime someone hits or lets something fall on Wilt's head could also crush and permanently blind Wilt's other eye?

He bashed his head through the roof in "Blooooo", had the door slammed on his face in "Where there's a wilt there's a way", and had his head repeatively slammed into the ground by Goo in "Neighbor Pains". All could have crushed his eye.

If his eyes are that sensitive, then everyone had better watch what lands on Wilt's head or he'll go blind.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #173
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Well they do sort of look like snail eyes. Mind you my idea of a snail is Gary from Spongebob.

Maybe the other eye is... stronger? I'll think of something. XD They couldn't make it too gross though. Chances are if his eye had like, gotton squished by Larry too, there would be eye all over the basketball court.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #174
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Yeah but there are ways to work around that. Like if you say he got hit by a car, you wouldn't need to show Wilt actually getting struck just the sound and just show him coming out of surgery or something like that. There are ways to work around it.

Or if Larry had landed completely on Wilt, like all over him, that would have made more sense because we know Larry is big and heavy enough to do that kind of damage on a fall. You could have just shown Wilt getting up after Larry got off of him and had Wilt with all the scars and damages.

I doubt their worried about it being too violent because technically, it still was violent. I mean Wilt's arm was screwed up but he has a nub now which means at some point he either tor it off or it fell off. That's pretty gross too.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #175
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Yeah, but squiggly lines aren't disgusting, even if they're an arm, and we don't know what happened to it. If he fell completely on Wilt he'd probably be dead.

I keep thinking about that one scene in Kill Bill 2. Ahhh eyeballs.

Whatever, cartoon logic. If you can poke an eye out with a stick, you can poke one out with a basketball probably thrown with the force of a cannon. It's not that important anyway.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 11-26-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #176
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
I was thinking about the eye thing too. Eyes aren't that strong though, and Wilt's have no skull for protection. They're just squishy balls of eye on stalks. Basketballs can be pretty hard, and I bet if Larry through one at your face you'd get some whiplash. At a bare eye? It's not so crazy.
It's not the matter or whether or not a basketball COULD have caused SOME sort of injurty to Wilt's eye, but after being hit, it was like the eye just suddenly shrank down to half the size it was, and became hard and plastic-like, with the pupil rolling around inside like those little plastic "googly" eyes on dolls. A pupil is a HOLE, not a solid object that can rattle around and make noise. Immediately after an eye is subjected to injury, from either a puncture or a blunt-force blow(as would be the case of being hit with a basketball), the eye swell, not shrinks. If left untreated, eventually the swelling can actually cause the eyeball to rupture, due to pressure from secondary glaucoma(non-disease-related, non-genetic). After the pressure is released, if normal blood flow is not restored, the fluids in the eye will dry up and the eye will atrophy, or shrink, and of course be totally blind. It WON'T rattle or turn to plastic, though. I still think that this is just the way that the creative team decided to handle that situation, knowing that there really was no other way to show an eye injury that wouldn't put people off their lunches for the next couple of days, and sort of say to the smarter ones in the audience, "OK, we know that the eye injury would have looked a LOT worse, so you can just figure that part out-meanwhile, we have to think of the little kids and try not to give them nightmares."

I have some problems buying into Larry's sudden transformation, too, unless he and HIS creator were just as close as Wilt and Jordan. Apparently, Larry has long since been abandoned, himself, and seeing the reunion between Wilt and Jordan sparked enough fond memories of the good old days when he was still with his creator to open his heart. I kinda do like that, because people can and do change-it just seems to me like that should have taken longer. It's even more odd, though, that everyone else seems to have forgiven Foul Larry just as quickly as he changed from evil to good. I know, as bad as it is, that I, along with most of us, are not that forgiving, and it takes time to come to terms with someone who's done you a great wrong, or hurt someone you really care for. I was a bit bothered by Frankie being so nonchalant with Larry there at the end, KNOWING that he had severely injured Wilt, someone she should care about as a good friend at least, and she SAW him try to crush Wilt against the wall herself. I know I'd have trouble being civilized to someone I'd just seen try to hurt, let alone KILL, someone I cared about, no matter how they were acting towards me.

And, one more question about Larry...if Larry has long-since been abandoned, and more or less living on the streets, as it appeared, HOW did Wilt manage to call him on the phone before leaving? Wouldn't Larry have to at least have a cell phone, and if so, how would he pay for the thing, and how would Wilt have known the number, since cell phone numbers aren't public information. For Wilt to know the number, would imply that Larry still lived at the same address, and had the same phone number, that he had thirty years ago-and that Wilt has even more awesome memory of number sequences than Cheese does!

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 11-26-2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: posted name twice
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #177
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Ohh, I see. Well, it's cute. I wouldn't want them to do it any other way, his rattling crazy eye is awesome. Imaginary anatomy can be different from regular anatomy anyway. It's silly to try and analyze his injuries with normal logic; the iris could've turned into a potato chip and it'd be okay cause he's imaginary.

I agree about the Larry thing though. That was just weird.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #178
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Yeah I try not to be TOO realistic. It is a cartoon after all. I'm not condensending it; just stating facts. Foster's goes against alot of laws physically and everything else. Not everything has to be 100% correct to the letter.

Besides, here's something I thought of. Given we've finally seen what the information on the Foster's website looks like from the movie; it clearly states where the friend was created, what year, and who by. Don't you think that once the information becomes available on Wilt that he was created by Jordan Michael he just might be adopted sooner then later? I mean, little kids who idolise their sports stars like to get any if everything they do. But imagine actually being a little kid who likes playing basketball and wanting to improve their game, learning that the imaginary friend of THE Jordan Michael is up for adoption? It's just an idea.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #179
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I always thought it would be wise of Foster's to avoid the fact that more then half of the Fosters 5 is up for adoption. We all know Coco, Eduardo, and Wilt are up for adoption as opposed to Bloo's reason for being there, but in reality, they can't really ever get adopted. Not unless the show's about to end.

Let's face it, we really never want them to get adopted because if they did it would be really sad knowing there gonna leave Fosters for good. Wilt needs to remain there and the whole adoption thing should remain just a side story in regards to the Fosters 5 guys.

The adoption thing really is only ever used in the story when they want to create a new IF to become the star of the episode and either get adopted or booted out (like Berry and Little Lincoln) at the end. Or to make way for some new IF they want to bring in to join the background IFs.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #180
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

ok, well i thought it was pretty good, had enough funny scenes in it, both sides got equal air time, and they let wilt keep character while trying to find his opponet.

what i didnt like, though, was not only that they didnt show who created coco, but that they had her "discovered" by some nerds. and what i dont get is, if they are studying her, why is she in fosters and not with them at the lab or whatever? maybe she ran away or something.

i also dont like the ending much, because i dont like seeing someone thats been evil for somewhere around 30 years just turning good in 5 minuites. and now that they are there, id better see more of larry and stats and those other basketball guys. thats what im looking forward to.

btw, i wanted to comment on one of my favorite sceenes, the part at the bus stop. i thought it had some great parts to it, along with a few quotes that stick to my head. "everything wants to belong to something, right?"

i like how coco was like the mother to those nerds. probably my favorite thing in the movie. i gave it an A