Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #1721
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Might be your chance to step up. What kind of forum is it, anyway?
That'd be cool, if I could step up on that forum.

It's an anime one. Somewhat similar to this place, but, just barely a year old.

Quote:
Two spelling errors = 90-day suspension? That's harsh.
Hehe. Yeah. Week suspension would've been slightly more reasonable.

Quote:
Over at MATY if you commit too many spelling errors or indulge in l33tspeak they confine you to their version of the Spam section and don't let you post outside of it. Of course, this is MATY we're talking about, so they don't call it the Spam section; they call it "Retardo Land". Seriously.
I got to see that someday.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #1722
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I mod on an rp forum that started in June/July, and the admin vanished completely in September. I've basically been running it, but without full access to the admin cp, we're pretty much crippled. Not that the rp has begun yet, but this certainly isn't helping! Anyways I've offered to set up the forum anew elsewhere (either on a free forum site or on my own website with like, phpbb) and have gotten NO feedback from anyone, including the other mod, who last I talked to him is still waiting for the admin to come back. You kow what, even if the admin does come back, what gives him the right to reclaim the reigns after disappearing for so long?? He's never been what I'd call a good admin anyways (plus his character is the biggest Gary Stu I've ever seen), he so does not deserve the privelege of running that game if it does pick up. Not that I need to admin yet another forum though. So I'm conflicted on if I should press the issue. It has the potental to be a great game though, and the other mod is a fantastic writer.

Anyways that's the kind of crap that happens when an admin abandons their forum, fhf. It becomes a pain in a bunch of other people's butts.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #1723
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

My dad. Who has been short with me. Saying stuff to me in rude and mean tones. He's been really ticking me off lately.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #1724
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka View Post
My dad. Who has been short with me. Saying stuff to me in rude and mean tones. He's been really ticking me off lately.
hm. sounds just like my dad. doesnt help that he complains about how lazy i am when i try to spend a second to save what im doing on something before i go out and do something he tells me to do, while sitting on the couch all day and doing nothing.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #1725
Frankie_Foster
Newly Abandoned

Frankie's the best!  

Telemarketers.
Frankie_Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #1726
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Ugh, I hate those pests. I got surprisingly few political calls during the campaign but there's this one guy who owns a carpet cleaning service who's become a bit of a nuisance. The phrase, "Dude, if I want my carpet cleaned I'll call the building's maintenance supervisor" doesn't seem to register with him.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #1727
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I have one of those coach whistles that I blow real loud when one of those punks call.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #1728
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I've never had the heart to give them a hard time. They're just trying to do their job. I simply don't answer the phone if my caller ID says it's a service call. I'd hate to have their job.

Speaking of jobs, maybe it's not so much my job that's ticking me off right now as the economy. But as my fellow American's know, this is one of the busiest shopping weeks of the year (the week of Thanksgiving for those not in the States). My company is working on the bare minimum of staff and supplies in order to save as much money as we can and not go in debt like so many other companies are. We don't expect it to be as busy this year as we've been in previous years either. But that doesn't mean we'll be so slow, only one cashier will be plenty for three and a half hours the morning of Black Friday!!

And of course, that cashier is me. I'm going to pull my hair out, throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and cry. I'm not looking forward to it at all. And in fact, I'm worried sick about handling things all alone for that long. It's so ridiculous, it just doesn't make sense. For crying out loud, it's BLACK FRIDAY!!!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #1729
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I've never had the heart to give them a hard time. They're just trying to do their job. I simply don't answer the phone if my caller ID says it's a service call. I'd hate to have their job.
Agreed. They sure as heck are a nuisance, and if I'm ever unfortunate enough to pick up the phone when one of them's on the line, I do my best to get out of it as quickly as possible, but if I'll be honest I do feel kind of sorry for them. It must be a truly tedious job and I can only imagine the abuse that they have to routinely endure from their more irate recipients. Besides, more often than not, I get the feeling that the people we talk to are really just pawns in the overall operation.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 11-26-2008 at 04:02 AM. Reason: How many "r"s are there in "irate"? Just one, apparently...
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #1730
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

We all know what I do when telemarketers call.

As long as they're not automated.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote