Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #1701
L.G.
Melvineer

My soils engineering group couldn't decide when to meet to finish our lab report that's due this week, so I had to decide for them. I've kept asking them, 'When do you want do this? When do you want to do this?' Their answers varied from 'I dunno...' to 'We'll do it later.' Daah! Oh, and I hit a rock as I was backing into a parking space. Left some nice scratches.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #1702
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Um... Details?
Oh, sorry.

Yuh, the admin in particuler runs an anime forum. The only two moderators on the forum pretty much left (one's busy 24/7. the other.... just doesn't moderate much anymore). Obviously, a sucessful forum needs a team of one or more admin(s) and two of more moderator(s) to run sucessfully (look at this place, hehe. it's still running excellently after 2+ years!)........ The anime forum in particuler is only 1+ years old. It's doing fine, but, the admin is not pleased with it. His opinion is to tighten up rules and make them more enforced, even though most of the members have been doing just fine. Personally, I'd advise for him to get off of his rule obsession and go out to look for members potential for being moderators/admins. I might talk to him about that later, if he even logs on.

Quote:
If you don't mind I'd like to add incredibly stupid forum members to that (and again, its no one here). I'd go into details but I don't want to break my brain again.
Go ahead, if you want to.. The same forum I just talked about also has had a couple slightly less than intelligent members in recent times. One was banned, but is coming back tomorrow. He posted rough language and acted perverted in front of a 12 year old member (he was the only perv on the forum fyi)...... If I was in charge of the "ban list" I'd have kept him banned since the forum actually got a bit more active after he was banned (a good number of people aren't fond of him, either). And he was given two (if not four) chances to wisen up, as well.

End of rant (for now).
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #1703
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
The same forum I just talked about also has had a couple slightly less than intelligent members in recent times. One was banned, but is coming back tomorrow.
I often have the impression that Never Forgotten is the only site that understands the difference between "Banned" and "Suspended".

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #1704
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I often have the impression that Never Forgotten is the only site that understands the difference between "Banned" and "Suspended".
Hmm, you're probably right.

One forum had a rather different technique. You'd post as usual, but, a moderator/admin had to review the post first, before, making it public. Rather nice system in my opinion. I don't know if they still do it or not, sice, the forum's been upgraded again.

It beats the system of "first offence, you're out".
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #1705
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

On a large forum that could be awfully time-consuming. Plus different moderators might have different opinions as to which posts to allow. I'm glad we don't do that here.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #1706
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Hmm, true. Fortunatly, the forum that did that never had to deal with n00bs (and had a huge moderator base, as well). But, like I said, they upgraded the forum software (for the 6th time, lol) so, they might do something else.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 11-17-2008 at 01:05 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #1707
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

my laptop. it keeps restarting for no reason, and every time i put it on standby or hibernate (well, around 95% of the time, at least) it shuts off. i wonder if it might be something i did back on friday when i was trying to fix my laptop (as i mentioned i think a page or two ago) or a virus or something.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #1708
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

If you have virus protection software, you should run a virus check on it.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #1709
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Speaking of that I have been having no end of problems with my Norton, especially since I upgraded to the new version (2009 I guess it is). It's not compatible with Thunderbird apparently, and I was unable to check mail for a while until I changed a lot of setting and now it works, although kind of reluctantly. Also there's a new feature where you get a little popup telling you that "Norton is currently performing background tasks". Once the popup wouldn't go away and I had to restart so I could see the screen.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #1710
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I eventually got rid of Norton. It's big, slow, and never finds anything. I'm currently using AVG Free Edition, which works well.