Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1701
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
The Hours
Futurama: Bender's Big Score

The first of the Futurama movies is a real treat though. I'd forgotten just how much I loved this show. Great to see it back. I gather there's 3 of these things now and one more in production which is very good news. Stirring work as you'd expect from our old friends Phil Lamarr and Tom Kenny among many others. I did wonder why Charles De Gaulle was in this movie but it turns out to be a really fantastic Scott Walker reference, which was appreciated a lot round here.
Movie, number three "Bender's Game" is due out in North America this Tuesday, (The 4'th).

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #1702
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Movie, number three "Bender's Game" is due out in North America this Tuesday, (The 4'th).
Splendid!

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #1703
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Burn After Reading

Following on from the Academy Award-winning No Country For Old Men, the legendary Coen Brothers here churn out something a notch more lightweight, though still highly entertaining and with all their trademark quirkiness. Actually, it reminded me very much of Intolerable Cruelty, chiefly in the pointed falseness of all the characters' relationships, only with a sturdy injection of Fargo-esque malice and desperation into the bargain (there is at least one rather shocking and nasty moment therein which should keep you firmly on your toes). Here, Frances McDormand, who played arguably the only truly positive character in the aforementioned Fargo (only positive main character, anyway) and who is always a pleasure to watch in a Coen Bros movie, gets her turn at playing the unscrupulous, self-serving idiot...

Spoiler Below
...and one who does, technically, succeed in the end...

...while Pitt, Clooney and Malkovich each turn out some enjoyably energetic performances. The dry, understated Tilda Swinton is also a lot of fun.

One of my only real qualms was that Carter Burwell's score, ingenious though the man may be, did strike me as being perhaps an ounce too similar to that brilliantly unsettling one he already composed for Spike Jonze's Being John Malkovich...though perhaps that was appropriate, given Mr. Malkovich's contribution. Also, the ending felt kind of abrupt. In short, not one of Joel and Ethan's greatest films, and I suspect that anyone hoping for "No Country For Old Men: The Sequel" is going to be disappointed, but it's still a solid dark comedy, and definitely not one which the fans should be missing out on.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 11-02-2008 at 03:01 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #1704
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

A Boy Named Charlie Brown

A fun animated film that I've always liked. Very charming and funny.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #1705
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Kung Fu Panda

You know if it wasn't for the celebrity cast, I would never have guessed that this was a Dreamworks picture. What, with the lack of pop culture references and potty humor and the fact that the only licensed song in the entire picture was played during the end credits. How could anyone tell?

While the story is an overly simple affair about finding your true path and the greatest strength comes from within blah blah blah... (of course most Martial Art films have never been been about the story. So that aspect gets a pass from me.) The crisp animation, beautiful set pieces and stirring musical score was enough to keep me glued to my seat.

These factors make this movie seem like quite the breath of fresh air in the crowded animated feature marketplace, and hopefully Dreamworks will continue on with this trend in future movies.

*Checks newspaper*...."Madagascar: Back 2 Africa, now playing"... well so much for that idea.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #1706
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I heard Madagascar 2 is pretty good.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #1707
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Death Sentence

Carrie

The Incredible Hulk

I had never seen Carrie before until today and I have to say i was supremely impressed. Very well acted, very dark movie and very well done. Truly one of the best Stephen King adapted book movies. Right up there with The Mist, The Shining and The Shawshank Redemption.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #1708
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Madagascar, Escape 2 Africa

Which, I thought was better then the first.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #1709
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

King Kong vs. Godzilla

The Aristocats

Been a really long ass time since I had seen either film and I have to say, after giving both a long over due needed second looking over, these films are even better then I imagined. Godzilla and Kong SO need a rematch after they're awesome big sumo like brawl at the climax of the movie.

I had heard many people panned Aristocats for being too much of a cheap 101 Dalmatians and that the pencil designs were too shotty. I highly disagree with both points. I think Cats has its own sweet, unique charm in both characters and its penciling. The music is very catchy and enjoyable and I always love hearing Eva Gabor's voice in anything.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #1710
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Not as bad as many people have sad. Of course, you can't take it as a real movie. More like a long version of the show, which is good.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote