Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #161
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post

I'm an introvert, I love reading, I hate small talk and can't stand being forced into social situations in person without warning(I prefer to socialize on the 'net).

I guess I'm a loser to you people.
How did you even come to that conclusion? I don't consider myself a loser and I'm like that... well, I'm fairly good at talking to people, but when I don't have new things to read, I read things I've already read multiple times. I read Memoirs of a Geisha in like 2 days.

Last edited by kageri; 01-24-2007 at 01:25 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #162
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Here is another one:

When people drink out of your juice pitcher (like Kool Aid), and leave only a swallow left.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #163
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

Ugh, that's what my oldest brother does! Then he just expects people to drink it after he's put his mouth all over the opening of the pitcher!
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #164
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

My dad would do that sort of thing (leaving only a little bit, not putting his mouth on the container ). But that would annoy everyone, because sometimes you'd see a container in the fridge/freezer and assume it has at LEAST one serving in it; then you open it and there's like, half a cookie, or five cornflakes, or a teaspoon of ice cream. What's the point?? He always said that he didn't feel guilty about finishing something off if he left a tiny bit. But it was SO annoying!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #165
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
My dad would do that sort of thing (leaving only a little bit, not putting his mouth on the container ). But that would annoy everyone, because sometimes you'd see a container in the fridge/freezer and assume it has at LEAST one serving in it; then you open it and there's like, half a cookie, or five cornflakes, or a teaspoon of ice cream. What's the point?? He always said that he didn't feel guilty about finishing something off if he left a tiny bit. But it was SO annoying!
*shifty eyes* My mom always tells me, "Don't eat all the cookies!" So I eat all but one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post

I'm an introvert, I love reading, I hate small talk and can't stand being forced into social situations in person without warning(I prefer to socialize on the 'net).

I guess I'm a loser to you people.
Hey hey hey, you're no loser. What's wrong with getting lost in a book? It's an awesome way to enjoy yourself.

And not liking social situations? Nothing wrong with that (in my opinion, at least). I'm pretty much a loner. I fear social gatherings and hate going to parties. Way back when kids still invited me to their birthday parties, my mom would RSVP for me without my consent.
I'm afraid of talking to people on the telephone, too.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 01-24-2007 at 09:00 PM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #166
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I'm afraid of talking to people on the telephone, too.
I'm sort of that way, because I'm always afraid of sounding really stupid, especially when leaving a message. Bah.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #167
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I dislike talking on the tele because usually whoever I'm talking with and I don't have much to say, and we end up listening to eachother breathe. I'm also kind of an anti-social person... I'm not really that way by choice, I just get along with VERY few people. I wish I were more accepting, but I tend to get annoyed very quickly. It's a bad thing.

I'm SEVERELY angered creepy guys who won't get the message. I'm sure there are nice guys everywhere, but the it seems only the creepy ones hit on me. Even after I tell them I have a boyfriend, they still accost me! I'm flattered, yes, but OMG just let me shop!!

I even brought my boyfriend into the store with me once and they accosted BOTH of us, telling him "She's so pretty, you'd better take care of her." Or what?! And what business is it of theirs to be telling him what to do just because they think I'm pretty!? ARGGGG!!!!!

Last edited by scary_dream; 01-24-2007 at 09:33 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #168
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Oooh! I HATE the phone! To me it is a tool to conduct business. You call me - state your business, and know what you want; I don't need a story of the subject at hand. Don't take 5 minutes on a 10 second explanation.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #169
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I hate the phone too. I like talking to people in person.

On that note, I hate instantmessaging/chats, because it can be really hard to pick up on tone, or people will type stuff that wouldn't be nearly as interesting or funny as if they said it to your face. Two of my friends got together and then broke up over AIM and it's like... um, you don't have the balls to say it out loud? What is THAT? It seems so cold and impersonal.

And then :] there's ^_^ the people who o_O abuse *3* the privledge of :[ -_- :V ;] :O EMOTICONS. AHHH!! They probably turn their head sideways when they smile at you in real life.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #170
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I dislike talking on the tele because usually whoever I'm talking with and I don't have much to say, and we end up listening to eachother breathe.
I know that scenario all too well.

This probably sounds really mean of me, but I think I'm afraid of the phone because a classmate of mine used to call me everyday and talk for hours and hours and hours. Then one day she invited me to go see a movie with her and a couple of other friends, but I told her I couldn't go because I would be gone the whole day. But she called the house anyway and left so many messages on the answering machine that it broke.

I hate it when people stare at me, and I don't mean staring as in when people watch you perform or give a presentation.